• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 Import |OT| In The Land Of The Rising Touch

One day the Wii U will be mine… and in turn so will Bayonetta 2.

May pre-order the LE double pack so I'm all set for the future.

EDIT - Watched a few minutes of the stream - goddamn, this game's legit!

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I watched way more of the stream than I should have. This looks real GOAT status.

The Masked Luman brehs. All of his fights seemed like they were Vergil from Dmc1 & Dmc 3 status. It's been way to long since something like this dropped.
5JxzGeK.png

I watched way more of the stream than I should have. This looks real GOAT status.

The Masked Luman brehs. All of his fights seemed like they were Vergil from Dmc1 & Dmc 3 status. It's been way to long since something like this dropped.
5JxzGeK.png

wait, vergil fights from the og devil may cry or the wack DmC vergil?

RMI

Banned
This has been my most wanted game since the day it was announced. So glad the wait is almost over.

brainpann

Gaf- I'm playing Bayonetta for the first time and loving it. I am on the 10th chapter and can't get enough. Just preordered Bayonetta 2. Can't wait!

I really get the feeling that mysterious Lumen Sage guy is Bayonetta's brother, son of Balder.

Here is hoping for a boss battle theme "You May Call Me Brother".

plank

Alright you win NeoGaf I'll get it, I'll get Bayonetta 2. I'm usually not interested in games like this. But that new touch control got me interested.

Exile20

This game looks amazing, I can't believe that it will be here soon. I feel sorry for anyone that doesnt have a wii u.

I've been playing the past several hours, this game is just incredible, but seriously, what a shitty move holding the game back 5 weeks, the games done and finished, english/japanese audio along with subtitles in english/french/japanese etc it's all there.

Oh, and I'll be streaming again, from beginning, if anyone is interesting, starting at 11PM BST [in 2 hours]

http://www.hitbox.tv/Fabthegnome

I'll be there, watching, btw it was me kojigamerz at your stream.
Game looks ace.

TreIII

I've been playing the past several hours, this game is just incredible, but seriously, what a shitty move holding the game back 5 weeks, the games done and finished, english/japanese audio along with subtitles in english/french/japanese etc it's all there.

Look on the bright side. Five weeks is still an improvement, compared to Sega holding the original back from 10/29/09...to 01/05/10-01/08/10 (depending on where you lived). And let's not even get into what they did for Anarchy...

If it weren't for the fact that my copy's already shipped earlier this morning, I might have thought about double dipping on the digital version, as well.

Jeff-DSA

Definitely my most wanted game. I've been on media blackout since I last played the demo at E3. I knew enough. I've seen a few screens, but I've kept it all as limited as possible.

I'm ready.

Cosmozone

Oh my, I perhaps shouldn't have clicked on that first stream. Apparently the guy had just finished it and credits were rolling. So I almost got spoiled on the endgame. Just have to say that the credits music was seriously great.

Ok final thoughts

[*]The game is easier than Bayo 1, even without easy mode Umbran Climax.

[*]Too many fucking flying battles

[*]They have written themselves into a corner here. Bayonetta 3 is highly unlikely.

[*]Lots of DMC and Sega fan service, but you will miss it if you blink.

[*]The game is basically one big boss fight, If you expecting to style on enemies the way you did in Bayo 1 you are going to be disappointed.

[*]The game is compliment for bayonetta 1, without it its a bit incomplete. You need to play both.

[*]Last boss fight was both better and worse than the last game.

Astral Dog

My God, its almost here, everytime i see the game, im happy that it exists and Nintendo made it possible, its going to be hell to not spoil the game, i already saw like half of it and EVERYTHING looks amazing, even if my poor heart cant stand the OT or the sales thread, im sure it(OT) will look great.

V_Arnold

Question to those who currently play it:

a) Is Bayonetta 2 playable without much latency from the Wii U gamepad's display?
b) Do you get the full sound with headphones on?

I am going to be in a strange place where I need to do some heavy magic to even get the Wii U and I might only be able to play on it via the gamepad for a while, cause my old monitor is shit :D

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
The flying always seemed like they could be really fun or really bad.

I like the idea behind them. Instead of fighting on floating platforms like the first game, you have movement like a 2D shooter while still retaining all/most of the combo options you'd have on the ground.

but where I thought they might fall flat is that it'd be hard to judge depth. I found the last section in the original, where you're destroying the rest of the Jubileus statue, to be extremely awkward to control. and I figured the flying encounters were all based on that.

and if there's alot of them I can see that gimmick getting old fast

Almost there.

Edit: This is the first time I´ve double dipped right out of the gate on a game. Special Edition+ First Print edition it is.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Don't even start talking about the final boss in here on page two bruh

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
If they want to make a Bayonetta 3 it will happen.

The question is do they have the ideas/desire to make another Bayonetta game

I believe Kamiya said they were getting out everything they wanted to do but couldn't in the first with Bayo 2 and that there probably wouldn't be a sequel because of that. but I know Inaba has said the opposite too

FUCK!, What do you mean!? whitout spoiling much? And, do you think this game could surprass the original? more o rless the same? Worse?

The first problem is the game has too many epic boss battles, by the time you get to the final boss, there is less impact compared to Bayo 1.

The final boss, is not even as epic as some of the early boss fights we have seen in trailers

that said, I feel it relied less on cinematics and set pieces than Jublieus. It was more a straight fight.

After you kill the boss, there is nothing like the amazing drop down to earth like in Bayo 1.

I don't think it surpasses the original, But I don't think its worse either. They are literally 2 sides of the same coin. Now i've seen where this all goes, I can't imagine one without the other.

but where I thought they might fall flat is that it'd be hard to judge depth. I found the last section in the original, where you're destroying the rest of the Jubileus statue, to be extremely awkward to control. and I figured the flying encounters were all based on that.

Part of that is because the that sequence only allowed you to move in a cylinder around the statue and forced you to account for the angle at which you were trying to hit it.

No they didn't.

Did you watch the full stream till the end?

*heavy spoilers of the end game below*

I can't see where they can go with it. The eyes of the world are gone, Aesir is in Balders body, ready to be killed in bayonetta 1, the human world is now at peace and the demon and human worlds are working together.

Unless they do a reboot or a prequel
Which they already kinda have now
I don't see where they can go with bayonettas character, that isn't a rehash of what has gone before.

They cant recon who is God a second time surely.

Do you have another take on the game. The other guys seems kinda negative on the game.

Don't get me wrong. Bayonetta 2 is amazing

Just make sure you play Bayo 1 first. They go together like bread and butter.

Top Bottom