• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U release date leaked

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
bxcoxcsimaaabd0.jpglah8ke5.jpg

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I predicted that would be it. A week before Black Friday. Same day as Pokemon ORAS.

corn_fest

These dates are almost always placeholders.
That said, all signs point to a November release, so it's not unreasonable or anything.

Isotope

Remember just last year that Nintendo released 3D World and A Link Between Worlds on the 22nd.

It wouldn't be a surprise to have them release two big titles on the same day again.

Clefargle

This is a traditional release date for nintendo. I think the Wii launched on this date as well as loads of other hardware and flagship software. Would not be surprised at all.

MattyG

Banned
Pretty sure one of the IGN guys predicted this on the last GameScoop (I think it was Altano). Same thing happened with ALBW and SM3DW releasing on the same day last year.

CompC

It's possible it could release on the same day as OR/AS. Last year, A Link Between Worlds, Mario 3D World, and Mario Party Island Tour all came out on the same day… right?

JCX

That's pretty much what we expected save for the people who somehow think Nintendo would allow this to be delayed to 2015 and leave an already floundering system without a tentpole holiday game.

NotLiquid

Super Mario 3D World and A Link Between Worlds both released on the same day last year, it's not unprecedented.

a link between worlds and super mario 3d world hit the same day last year. this is historically the day/week/time nintendo releases their big games, stretching back at least 20 years.

Nintendo isn't afraid of dual releases. Last year 3D World and Zelda came out on the same day.

Last year SM3DW and Zelda: LBW released on the same day. It's possible.

Well then, I retract my previous statement.

emb

This date would surprise no one, lol.

But given how easy it is to guess, could just as well be a placeholder.

Davey Cakes

I was expecting December but obviously if Nintendo has the capability, getting this game out right before the holiday boom and Black Friday would obviously be best.

Euron

As expected. Mario 3D world and Zelda ALBW both released around the same time last year on the same day as each other. I can't wait for this. Will probably end up being my GOTY.

Afrodium

Banned
I know I'm probably really late to finding this out, but seeing that box art made me realize that the official title for this game is "Super Smash Bros. For Wii U".

Crazyorloco

It would be great on that date. There will be more sold if launched before black Friday.

I'm crazyorloco and I have smash bros fever.

Top Bottom