• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends: Season 4 World Championship (Sep 17 - Oct 19)

zkylon

zkylewd
tumblr_myc2ocwJGu1suydjqo1_400.gif

so unfair T_T

Cuddler

Finally!! Go go go inSec!!!!!
so is uzi playing or not :/
Yes, he will play and I hope he will play as good as he did during the LPL season.
I'm excited to see Star Horn play because it's been a while since I've seen any matches with insec.
Don't worry, inSec still makes crazy moves
and crazy decisions.lol
These are the players who couldn't qualify for worlds:

tumblr_mwztkchKOm1qjluivo5_500.gif

KaKAO pls. ;-;

tumblr_n1q3oqA5cf1qjluivo2_500.gif

FAKER PLS! T_____T
HlU2kok.gif

I'm joking, I would have loved to see them playing against inSec again
im cheering for star horn royal club
Guess I'm not the only one then.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
The spirit of KTB lives on with him. I'm hoping for at least 1 shaco game.

I think this might be the first WC that actually fulfils the stated goals. S1 was a bunch of guys in a room, S2 had cheating, S3 had byes which meant you could go out after 1 game. Riot still being Riot and not knowing wtf they are doing with the whole worlds in Korea, but oh yeah you're sharing it sorry if I forgot to mention that situation, and Svenskeren should've been permed or at least a 1 year off but otherwise not poorly planned as before.

I think this might be the first WC that actually fulfils the stated goals. S1 was a bunch of guys in a room, S2 had cheating, S3 had byes which meant you could go out after 1 game. Riot still being Riot and not knowing wtf they are doing with the whole worlds in Korea, but oh yeah you're sharing it sorry if I forgot to mention that situation, and Svenskeren should've been permed or at least a 1 year off but otherwise not poorly planned as before.

it's mindboggling that it took them 3 tries to come up with something that isn't incredibly stupid. it's not perfect yet tho.

Edwardo

Don't worry, inSec still makes crazy moves
and crazy decisions.lol

I remember hearing somewhere(maybe on summoning insight when they had froskurinn on) that the communication issues are a lil overblown. I mean they had to do something right to get 2nd seed in lpl right?

Makareu

Time for pointless predictions :

GA : Samsung White, Edward Gaming
GB : TSM, TPA
GC : Samsung Blue, Fnatic
GD : Cloud9, Najin White Shield

I can see TPA and Fnatic pulling a small upset in group and qualify. I also think Alliance is far from a world class team caliber.

Time for pointless predictions :

GA : Samsung White, Edward Gaming
GB : TSM, TPA
GC : Samsung Blue, Fnatic
GD : Cloud9, Najin White Shield

I can see TPA and Fnatic pulling a small upset in group and qualify. I also think Alliance is far from a world class team caliber.

let me guess, you're from NA?

Cuddler

SHRC HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEE video

These two videos were posted on SHRC weibo:
SHRC new interview (Chinese)
Chopsticks brothers - Little apple, SHRC version
lol

The spirit of KTB lives on with him. I'm hoping for at least 1 shaco game.
Yes, but hopefully this doesn't mean that they will lose 2-3 after being 2-0 like already happened two times with KTB and one time with SHRC. I want them to arrive at least in the quarter finals so he can play again in Korea and after that anything can happen but not losing after being 2-0 again.
I remember hearing somewhere(maybe on summoning insight when they had froskurinn on) that the communication issues are a lil overblown. I mean they had to do something right to get 2nd seed in lpl right?
I'm not exactly sure about that, inSec and Zero probably vaguely understand some words during games but apparently they communicate through pings (I'm not even sure what this mean). Apparently they said that in this video:
True LOL Show Ep.10_트롤쇼 10회
My gif is from that video and another episode with inSec, Zero and Helios should be up soon. Episode 9 of True LOL Show was subbed so maybe there is a chance that these videos will be subbed too hopefully.

Makareu

let me guess, you're from NA?

Nope, i'm from EU and i would love to see the EU LCS teams do well, but :

- I don't rate SK Gaming that much, so with their jungler banned i cant see them qualify
- I have a problem with Alliance, i cant help to think that a lot of their wins during EU LCS were more about their opponents underperforming rather thant Alliance being dominant.
- and so Fnatic is the only EU team i can see performing. They have a tough group but they are inconsistant and sometimes very good.

idlewild_

Why. Did you watch the documentary?

For the fans of Piglet from the ROAD TO WORLDS documentary,
Piglet, Poohmandu n H0r0 are leaving SKT
link: http://www.inven.co.kr/webzine/news/?news=118260

Pooh is leaving esports, Piglet wants to reevaluate n h0r0 wants to seek a foreign team

sad, had hope for them to fix their problems and make it next year

BREAKING NEWS:
SK Svenskeren suspended for 3 games for casual racism.
link: http://na.lolesports.com/articles/league-legends-competition-ruling-dennis-“svenskeren”-johnsen

Star Horn have personal troubles, SK loses their coach and now get a player suspension? Riot really wants TSM to win worlds /s

surprised it's only 3 games, they are way to lenient on players that are in the big leagues while throwing the book at the amateur league players

also, curse released cop today, crazy day. guess teams wanted it out before worlds started up

well skt is getting rekt even in LoL?

sc2 team is also in shambles

They've been on a down swing sinch Pooh left for health reasons, but before that they were on a streak of dominance that's never been seen in competitive League before and probably never will be.

Sad about Piglet, but he's really good and if he wants to come back after his break, teams will be lining up to get him.

Nope, i'm from EU and i would love to see the EU LCS teams do well, but :

- I don't rate SK Gaming that much, so with their jungler banned i cant see them qualify
- I have a problem with Alliance, i cant help to think that a lot of their wins during EU LCS were more about their opponents underperforming rather thant Alliance being dominant.
- and so Fnatic is the only EU team i can see performing. They have a tough group but they are inconsistant and sometimes very good.

that's fine and certainly true to some extend...
but you have 2 NA teams winning their groups?

bokn

Banned
First Match: EDG (China#1) vs Samsung White (Korea#2) kicks off at:
glJgMit.png
vs
zkGO7V7.png

t1411030800z4.png

Full Schedule: http://na.lolesports.com/schedule/2014-09-15
Rebroadcasts begin 8 hours after the start of each live event.

Todays Matches:
hdpy0Cv.png

Key Matches:
EDG v Samsung White
This match is between the (arguably) best two teams of their respective regions, China and Korea. The result of the match will set the story for the entire Worlds event - whether it is "can Korea be stopped?" or "EDG has defeated the best, can anybody match them?"
TPA v StarHorn RoyalClub
After the season 2 upset by TPA, people have learnt to never underestimate the SEA region. Their poor performance in season 3 and All-Stars has discounted SEA once again. With a new roster, this match will be our first opportunity to see if this TPA is the real deal. SHRC has had a few inter-team issues recently and many fans have been worried whether these problems have been fixed. An on form SHRC in this game will be a relief for fans everywhere.
StarHorn RoyalClub v TSM
TSM is the darling baby of NA and is the predicted leader for their group. Their only contestant is a full strength SHRC - lose this game and the TSM hype train is slowed down.

Kinda upset all these are so early in the morning. But I looked at the schedule and each match is set to start about an hour after another. Do they not expect any kind of long drawn out games or anything like that? Also at this stage it is just a one game series each game right, not a best of whatever?

Also I watched some OGN a while back and there was a video of a team who had one of their members who was really in the dumps (he had like a sheep or llama or something) and they did a bunch of stuff to make him feel better. I don't remember what team it was, does anybody know what I'm talking about at all and who that team is?

bokn

Banned
Kinda upset all these are so early in the morning. But I looked at the schedule and each match is set to start about an hour after another. Do they not expect any kind of long drawn out games or anything like that? Also at this stage it is just a one game series each game right, not a best of whatever?

Also I watched some OGN a while back and there was a video of a team who had one of their members who was really in the dumps (he had like a sheep or llama or something) and they did a bunch of stuff to make him feel better. I don't remember what team it was, does anybody know what I'm talking about at all and who that team is?
Games rarely last longer than 50 minutes though. Bo1 each team plays each other twice.

Samsung Blue Deft - he looks like an alpaca.
BlF2CcUCAAAXmOV.jpg

BREAKING NEWS
- EDG's ADC Namei has been sick and hospitalised two times in Taipei already. TSM poisoning?

Top Bottom