• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TGS Xbox Booth is... pretty empty

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeromcd73

https://twitter.com/game_watch/status/512413894665437184
Bxx1uG8CMAAQJZK.jpg:large

Someone will come soon, surely ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Phil Spencer, what the heck is going on over there in Japan? If they didn't plan on making any money there, why bother releasing there in the first place....

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Well it's at least convenient to do videos there. Though it's not like there is much to shoot. Biohazard 2 is basically the only "new" thing that's interesting there, since CoD is specifically forbidden from videos...

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Advanced Warfare looks alright. If other booths are super crowded don't see why more people wouldn't wanna play deathmatch or whatevers.

zeromcd73

What time was that photo taken? Maybe the show hadn't actually opened up to the public at that time? Context is important.
It seems to have been taken 29 minutes going by the twitter, and he has other photos as well which means it shouldn't be a troll and is at the actual event.

But it's strange since the other picture has people and was apparently taken at the same time...

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Call of Duty is getting a huge marketing push in Japan right now.

It will prolly sell a good amount on PS3, and to a lesser extent PS4 and 360. Doubt Xbone numbers over there will be good despite 1-month early DLC.

Futaba

There are people there, but this picture is entirely deceptive, many of these people are talking to/drom the namco bandai and gree booths. CheapyD was standing basically in the smartphone games area looking towards the microsoft japan both.

A large portion of these people are walking down the marked blue/light blue lane from hall 4 to hall 6, everyone in front of the blue line are watching the monitors/trailers being played in the mobile area.
In the picture there are only around 40 non-staff people in the section, who are there specifically for the microsoft booth, when I dropped a friend off this morning and had a quick stroll around it much closer resembled the OP picture.

Isn't today press only?
today and tomorrow is business attendees only, but that's still generally a fair number, around 6000 ish.
the friend i dropped off is an author for a newspaper, so the requirements for getting a business ticket are pretty lax.

You could, for example, have nothing more than a niconico channel or a blog and you'd still be sold a ticket, a lot of people do this and go during the business duration rather than brave the crowds at other times.

Broritos

I'm glad Microsoft still tries to sell their games in Japan. It's because I know there's a small group of Japanese gamers who really enjoy Halo and the like and those gamers can still get their hands on those games.

I view them as the equivalents to the JRPG's fans in NA/EU. NA/EU miss out on a lot of JRPG's because of the small user base. Japan has a small shooter user base from what I've read and yet Microsoft still sells over there.

I think it's pretty cool even though they're not seeing much success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom