• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rushy reveals Driveclub's car list

Are people really surprised that FH2 has more cars than DC? FH2 uses Forza 5's garage for its cars.

I do miss the LFA, GTR and Lambo's but I see them as DLC (which I'm not too happy about if they are being held back for DLC). And to be honest how many Japanese cars exist nowadays that can compete with Ferraris and Aston Martins etc? Technically the LFA is American (though it obviously isn't) so it's down to the GTR. The Evo and Subaru WRX are kinda notably missing but they're kinda boring. There are some nice exotics in the list. Just want to see the LFA, GTR and Lambo's added.

Totally jelly of the Gran Turismo MC Stradale, Forza still just has the Gran Turismo S. And a total lack of Marussia B2s

There may not be a huge amount of cars, but that list has a number of unique cars that haven't seen a whole lot of attention in racers.

It's a fair trade I think, and DLC can always add more.

le-seb

But congratulations on 1. Assuming something so you could discount what I said (and assuming wrong), 2. Using faulty logic that doesn't discount what I said even if it was true (whether I was going to buy the game or not doesn't discount that some one not buying the game over lack of one brand could still have interest in other cars but have one brand that is a deal killer if the game doesn't have it), 3. Ignoring the points I brought up and instead focusing on me to try to disprove me through ad hominem attacks.
Because I said 'okay', like in 'I'm acknowledging your points'?
Now I'm shaking my head...

My 'faulty logic' may just come from the fact that I grew up in a time when most car racing videogames only featured one car model (you had that game with a Ferrari F40, that one with a Jaguar XJ220, that other one with a Lotus Esprit, etc).
Having 50 now to start with seems plenty to me, and while choice is always good and it's also obvious some iconic cars are missing from the game at launch time, I still feel this is a very short sighted reason to dismiss the whole game.

But to each their own, I guess, and there's still the PS+ edition for you to try playing.

Regarding your first point, I believed you said you went from 'will buy' to 'won't buy', which I found hard to believe. My bad.

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
Not anyone with proper expectations and has actually been paying attention for the last 18 months. Evo have always said there'd be around 50 cars.

I do find it crazy that one game got announced only a few months ago...

Driveclub looks like an incredible tech demo. I can not wait for it personally. Might have a new TV then just to sit and drool looking at it. Hopefully I can just stick with the plus version and that will suffice for the tech demoness.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Um, first of all, it was a 1984 BMW 325e... welcome to not everyone has a brand new cars (there is no way in hell I could even afford a new BMW). So, yeah, it's a lot less complicated than a 2014 BMW (30 years older). It's simpler than your 90's car you are saying I can't compare it to with how easy they are to repair cause they are simpler. Also, do you have so little faith in BMW that you think a newer car by them would already have so many issues that some guy trying to work on it was fed up with it?

And yes, I trust his assessment on these things. He's very smart, he has definitely shown he is very competent. I've known him for 15+ years and I've seen the stuff he does and he does very good work/design work. When he does something, he does it well. He's built his own little chip for one of his cars to increase performance and he knows a lot about electronic stuff (he at one point said he should have gone into EE because there's more selection of jobs. Granted, I am obviously not an engineer but I'm smart enough to at least understand his explanations of stuff when he does the "explain it like I'm 5" (He doesn't mind explaining stuff to me either. My problem is I can understand it but I tend to just remember the generalities and not specifics so ask me to explain later and I'll be able to say that what I can remember is the end result and the explanation made sense so I trust the end result is right but I can't tell you the explanation why cause I forgot). I can tell you the air venting on it constantly broke because it had a very complicated system of doing it that my BF pointed out there was a lot simpler system that would have worked just as well (and the more complication you bring in the more things can break). The electronics on it were sh** (hell, even BMW fanatics told me the reason 3 series keep their value better than 5 or 7 series was because less electronics on it to break). By the time we sold that car the windshield wipers would variably work, I think the only thing on the dashboard that worked was the tachometer and we tried replacing the dash several times and it took three or four tries to find a dashboard that didn't have the instruments broken. The first year we had the car it had some obscure electrical issue that would randomly show up and then disappear. I'm amazed he managed to find it finally (it caused the car to randomly stall on me for a bit and then it would work for a few months before doing it again). Apparently the way they put in the clutch/transmission system was done in a way to require a special part to reach certain parts (he ended up making his own tool to get to it) but could have easily been designed differently and worked just as well and been easier to work on that stuff. And some electronic chip he showed me had the prongs that connected really long (he said longer than any other car does). ANd I can understand that the more length you put on something the easier it is to break (more leverage for something to put pressure on it). And it broke.

Oh, and he designs those planes you fly on so you better hope he's better than a BMW engineer :p.

I thnk his context is very different than an auto engineer. Aircraft are at least partly designed to be easily maintained and accessible because they need regular and extensive maintenance/checking for safety reasons. Whereas cars are not particularly designed with that as a primary requirement.

And having some things not working on a 30 year old motor isn't that unusual ;)

m@cross

For those who feel 50 cars is inadequate, let me ask you this.

Would you trade in 10-20% car model quality for 25-50 more cars?

From the beginning the dev has really emphasized the level of detail they went into for every car, I have to conclude this is a major factor in how many cars they can actually get into the game by launch.

LaNaranja

For those who feel 50 cars is inadequate, let me ask you this.

Would you trade in 10-20% car model quality for 25-50 more cars?

From the beginning the dev has really emphasized the level of detail they went into for every car, I have to conclude this is a major factor in how many cars they can actually get into the game by launch.

Absolutely.

Yeah wow so many 'raris and not a lambo? I was really hoping for a Huracan. I wonder if that has to do with licensing and how Forza 2 Horizon seems to features the Huracan?

Sad there's no Jaguars. I was so happy and surprised to see the XF in GTA V haha thought maybe at least the F-type in Driveclub. Ah well. Got a Bentley GT at least.

Top Bottom