• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
How's the Telltale Monkey Island?

it's decent, but nothing compared to the original 3

episode 1 in particular is super boring.

i remember loving i think episode 3, was it? the one you're
eaten by a whale

ehhh, wouldn't recommend it too hard

He's always high. On life. ;)
i1jcszwQsQjcp.gif

Chariot

Ain't that the game Durante has been raving about some time ago? Mix between TPS-Dragon action game, RTS and poilitc-sim. Looks good.
It's nice. I already got it on gog. And I bought it yet again.
Also you forgot the most important part: it's a Waifu Simulator. You gotta woo one of the princesses.

derExperte

Danke, good to know. But how are you getting a non-reference card already? I thought only reference ones are available for some time?
Any info on 960Ti? While 970 is pretty good value-wise, it would be good to know. Maybe that one's gonna have even more value.

970 non-refs are out, 980s are the ones coming later.

Tellaerin

i like the title

keep it classy and simple no need for silly jokes

One step closer to "all srs business all the time". Yay.

Should have a piece in the OP about Ancient Space and Stronghold Crusader 2 coming out this month IMO. If only I weren't so lazy...

Ancient Space looks like it's got a great voice cast, especially if you're a sci-fi fan. The theme and presentation are totally my thing, but I'd like to hear more about how (and how well) it plays.

agniswarm

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

23% GMG Voucher -- MB-6DC5085B2C5926E7 - Taken by crazyrabbits

It's valid until 23:59 UTC on Friday 3rd October.
A 23% off voucher, redeemable on the entire PC Download collection, including thegames on pre-purchase.

KiDdYoNe

Mr. Orange didn't like the suggestions that were offered for the title, so he said "No subtitle for you!"

I'm hoping for some mod abuse to rectify this.

STEAM | September 2014 II - No subtitle for you... oh.. damn.

Damn this train goes fast.

I wasn't prepared for this. Bought it anyway, despite Wasteland 2. Also trying to familiarize myself with Endless Legend, after the tutorial I feel like there's tremendous potential in that game.

You have good taste! Everything the Endless Legend devs are doing is interesting, I'll have to nab that game some time... and add it to the list.

That said, I'll be honest: it makes me sad that Age of Wonders 3 isn't topping the Steam charts right now. That game deserves it. Triumph (the developer) should be triumphant in all things!

There are some really good sales in this Talk Like a Pirate Day daily deal. I think this has been the lowest that Port Royale 3 has been, and the Monkey Island remakes hardly go on sale for this low.

zkylon

zkylewd
wow i thought caribbean was like mount & blade figuratively, not actually made of the same friggin engine lol

insta wishlisted, looks pretty fucking good

They managed to screw up the iMUSE though. :(

it's still GOAT material of course
ah, i didn't really notice

dat vo doe

Sober

Damn you guys go through these threads fast.

Wasteland 2 I feel like is gonna suck away most of my free time now, or fight with the Total War hole I fell into.

AHA-Lambda

Phew, between scottish referendum, getting a new iPhone, sorting out contracts for my new job, I've missed that there's a new steam thread, argh! D:

Almost locked myself out of neogaf too, forogt my password for a bit to xD

wow i thought caribbean was like mount & blade figuratively, not actually made of the same friggin engine lol

insta wishlisted, looks pretty fucking good

The Caribbean dev's previous game had neat ideas and an amazing concept, but was not very well designed. I'd be wary of Caribbean if only for that reason. If you really want it, wait until it leaves Early Access to see the state it's in.

Also, to be clear, they did not develop Mount&Blade or its sequels/spinoffs, they're merely using the engine.

What went on in September to get a second OT?

Final Fantasy XIII, XIII-2, and Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns have all been speculated (and then confirmed) to be coming to Steam. That's a big part of it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What went on in September to get a second OT?

Nothing. August was the same: one thread for ~three weeks and another for the rest of the month. The Summer Sale always introduces more people to the general thread so naturally there's been a rise in post frequency.

zkylon

zkylewd
btw the right way to play monkey 2 is with old pixelart sprites

don't be silly now

The Caribbean dev's previous game had neat ideas and an amazing concept, but was not very well designed. I'd be wary of Caribbean if only for that reason. If you really want it, wait until it leaves Early Access to see the state it's in.

Also, to be clear, they did not develop Mount&Blade or its sequels/spinoffs, they're merely using the engine.
thanks for the heads up

and i'm not a big fan of early access overall so i was gonna wait either way

then again anything that even remotely related to mount & blade will get my attention super easy

Nothing. August was the same: one thread for ~three weeks and another for the rest of the month. The Summer Sale always introduces more people to the general thread so naturally there's been a rise in post frequency.
Plus the summer sale was when my account was approved so now you're all blessed to have me here <3 :p

Copons

ah, i didn't really notice

dat vo doe

They basically removed it from the new version (and that was expected, as the new music is all orchestral and stuff) and to allow the seamless transition back and forth the old version, they removed it from there too, replacing it with standard midi tune with no dynamic variations.
So, it's not really something you notice while playing, but it really is something missing for people who would like to enjoy the original game with one of the most innovative and cutting edge sound systems ever. :(

(VO was good, yup!)

Tales from Monkey Island is... kinda expensive.

I bought it years ago from GOG for way less. I think I even bought the PSN version for a dollar.

I still want the Steam version though :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom