• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity 2.0 lOTl Fate of Two Worlds

So, I see now that Disney is backtracking on the USB pad compatibility between the 360 Pad and the One. Is this reason to justify not having a digital version? I thought ALL xbox one games had a digital equivalent. Looks like I'm gonna pass/hold off until this gets resolved. Shame, was hoping to get this for the kids for Christmas.

They said something about the new pad being a requirement from MS because the way the One operates.

They said something about the new pad being a requirement from MS because the way the One operates.

Probably some sort of peripheral licensing on MS's end or something. The 360 pad says "For Xbox 360" and the One pad says "For Xbox One" on the bottom. The Wii U one doesn't mention a platform. Not 100% sure but I don't think the PS3/4 pad does either.

fernoca

So, I see now that Disney is backtracking on the USB pad compatibility between the 360 Pad and the One. Is this reason to justify not having a digital version? I thought ALL xbox one games had a digital equivalent. Looks like I'm gonna pass/hold off until this gets resolved. Shame, was hoping to get this for the kids for Christmas.
They're not backtracking. They always said that it wasn't compatible because the 360 pad only works on the 360, while the others works across platforms. Some thing about Xbox 360 accesories. Won't be solved, until next year when current One owners can use the 2.0 pad on the new game.

Is why the press release ommited any mention of Xbox One.

fernoca

Yep. It's the same game. If you put any of the Marvel Playsets you play them. Hence, the name 'Toy Box Starter Pack'.

fernoca

Well I ask because you need to be able to get the achievements/Platinum with the base set. All of the other toys are considered DLC. So it would make sense that they're broken up.
All can be obtained with no playsets. The only one that requires something specific is 'Trap Master' which can only be done in either the Thor or the Stitch game discs.

The rest are around leveling up, defeating enemies, using the Toy Box, playing with others, etc.

MaLDo

PS4 or X1 is good. Wii U has a nice gamepad interface for toy box. If you're playing alone then PC is the best version.

Pc is way cheaper if you don't want the toys. Game is free and you can find playsets and characters codes for a few dollars in ebay. Avengers playset code $4.98 for example.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Does anyone know if I can sell my disc and extra base and buy the digital version and not lose any functionality or saves?

jmizzal

I see some good black friday sales on Disney Infinite 2.0 Marvel Heroes

So can somebody explain how this game works a bit

If I buy the starter pack, will I only be able to play as the characters figures thats included? Thor, Black Widow and Iron Man and have to buy each toy to unlock the other characters?

Or will all Avengers be available from the start?

I see some good black friday sales on Disney Infinite 2.0 Marvel Heroes

So can somebody explain how this game works a bit

If I buy the starter pack, will I only be able to play as the characters figures thats included? Thor, Black Widow and Iron Man and have to buy each toy to unlock the other characters?

Or will all Avengers be available from the start?

Target Buy 2 get 1 free promotion this week is better than any Black Friday add I have seen, execpt for Starter Packs.

As for your question, you can only play with a character if you have its figure. The Avengers playset that is included in the Starter Pack is a "game" that Avengers characters can play. The are also playsets for Spider-man and Guardians of the Galaxy. Each figure can only be used on its playset (some can be guest on another playset check its box) and on Toy Box mode (World Builder). Some figures are Toy Box Only.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Guardians in DA HOUSE (with hulk too!)

zlCfzSnoqIAzGE8_6M

fernoca

Amazon has the guardians and Spider-man play sets for 18.75 if you have an amazon visa and use code TYS25ARC.
Cool. Jumped onto one. Already have Rocket Raccoon and Groot as the only non-Disney Originals. So, $18 for 2 characters and a playset was nice.

Also earlier today, jumped into the 3 Power Discs for $10 (and got 6-2 packs for $20) at TRU. For the first time, didn't get a repeat. Since last year if I've gotten 6 packs is a lot...and always got a duplicate.

ringlord

Can someone detail for me how/if the 1.0 figures work with the 2.0 game on XB1/PS4?

I know the playset adventures won't work, but do the toy box enchancements (textures, etc) work fine? Any issues? Do the 1.0 characters look as good as the 2.0 characters on screen?

Pachimari

Welp. I sold my whole collection last week. 1I figures gone.

I still have the pad for the figures, can that one be used for the PC version?

I'm looking to sell my Wii U and PS4 versions.

Welp. I sold my whole collection last week. 1I figures gone.

I still have the pad for the figures, can that one be used for the PC version?

I'm looking to sell my Wii U and PS4 versions.

Nope, the PC version doesn't use the base. Characters are registered to your Disney account with the web codes that are included with each figure. You just select which character you want to use. You can buy them digitally for about $6 or so otherwise. (Or buy the web codes on eBay for cheaper)

sk3tch

Happened to get up early today thanks to my son (3 hours ago) so I snagged the Marvel starter set at Best Buy with GCU and added Hulk, Captain America, and 3 Power Disc packs. He's 4 and loves superheroes..this should do better with him than Skylanders, I think. Grabbed the Spidey set off of Amazon. Went through this entire thread - lots of ups/downs but it seems that overall it's a fun set to enjoy with your kids. This will give me some respite from Peggle 2 and Angry Birds Star Wars (his favorites). Ha.

satori

Got both marvel and skylanders for my son . Best buy gcu is amazing. Anyways anyone know if the buy one get 1 70% works for the spiderman and guardian pack? Not sure if I want to brave it to nab both for the brat.

mreddie

Got it, I almost got boned too because Target had nothing but Toy Boxes til a cool dude hooked me up as they were restocking.

Which figures you guys recommend?

I know Rocket but who else? Tink? Elsa? Hawkguy? Hulk?

TheYanger

I like Venom's figure quite a bit. Hawkeye is a lot of fun to play as (shoot 80 arrows and watch everything die, but you're very glass cannon).

nateeasy

Banned
Got it, I almost got boned too because Target had nothing but Toy Boxes til a cool dude hooked me up as they were restocking.

Which figures you guys recommend?

I know Rocket but who else? Tink? Elsa? Hawkguy? Hulk?

Big fan of Donald. It get him. Fun to play with

johnsmith

remember me
There's apparently a sale at Target going on. If I cared about the figures and not just the codes...

Yeah I picked up a bunch of stuff there that I couldn't find at Walmart. Their web pickup is really good, it let me get the PS4 starter and Hulk that were sold out in 4 stores.

Bog

Junior Ace
I got the Avengers starter pack for PS4 on Monday for $30 at BB. I really don't want to get into buying figures, so is there enough content in that pack alone? My girlfriend and I like coop and super heroes, so it seemed like a decent pairing.

I got the Avengers starter pack for PS4 on Monday for $30 at BB. I really don't want to get into buying figures, so is there enough content in that pack alone? My girlfriend and I like coop and super heroes, so it seemed like a decent pairing.

The Avengers set is around 6-10 hours depending on how much you want to do. It also has pretty well made mini game discs, as well as toybox where you can make your own games/levels and download others. I'd say there's plenty to do but it depends how much you enjoy the gameplay/making stuff.

Why buy it than if you guys aren't into playing with certain characters ?

Ramirez

So I bought The Avengers starter pack on BF for my kid. The Cars figures/play set won't work with 2.0? Is there a separate 1.0 disc game I can buy or what?

johnsmith

remember me
The figures will work in the toy box mode. The play set only works in 1.0, which you can download for free on wii u, but would have to buy the game on the other systems.

compat_chart_en-gb-4eba965451503062bff58ae281c83fcc.jpg

Ramirez

The figures will work in the toy box mode. The play set only works in 1.0, which you can download for free on wii u, but would have to buy the game on the other systems.

compat_chart_en-gb-4eba965451503062bff58ae281c83fcc.jpg

Thank you, I purchased it on the WiiU, so that's awesome to hear. Why is it free only on WiiU? lol

TheYanger

Thank you, I purchased it on the WiiU, so that's awesome to hear. Why is it free only on WiiU? lol

Because Wii U is the only system that has 2 but not 1, and the Wii has 1 but not 2, it's to facilitate people who presumably upgraded that path and now would have 0 capability to use their old stuff.

Top Bottom