• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

m0t0k1

So i did a despair yolo draw with the scouting ticket from today and got this:

its not a UR nozomi but i'll take it nyaaaa

That looks like a really nice card. enjoy your nyaaaaass! I wish we could trade i don't really get enough material/play. To level up my ur nozomi.

PK Gaming

ZWG3pGo.jpg

Huh. The OG LL girls are a lot shorter than I assumed

CoinArt

A mere 8cm (just over 3 inches for us red-blooded Americans) difference between the shortest and the tallest. In practice, I think they tend to exaggerate the difference.

Articalys

Aside from hammer bonking shenanigans, looks like there was a good crowd.

https://twitter.com/kusudaainastaff/status/651358448530030592

Oh yeah, also I think a song called "Kimi no Kokoro wa Kagayaiteru kai" by a new group named Aquors or something was released today, they made a video of some kind too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3NmHsDXeFc

Welcome to Uranohoshi Jogakuin.

I still have no clue who any of these girls are

EDIT: The first center general election poll is now live for Aquors! Winner gets to be the center for their 2nd single PV. Voting is open until midnight October 14 JST, so just a little under a week from now.

http://sunshine.dengeki.com/vote/gm0bc3lz0pum/

elhaym

Oh yeah, also I think a song called "Kimi no Kokoro wa Kagayaiteru kai" by a new group named Aquors or something was released today, they made a video of some kind too.

Should be waiting for me at home later today after work. I've pretty much been ignoring all the promo material for it, haven't watched videos, etc. Preparing to be disappointed!

GoXDS

Also also, since the end date for the usual between-event 10+1 bonus says it ends on 10/13, that means we get a nice five-day breather this time.

next event is totally going to be 9 days again from Oct 13 to Oct 22 T_T
seems like they're simply settling for 9 days of event then 5 days rest. unless they decide to work Fridays again...

Huh, just did a ticket draw, it popped out a Rare envelope then the envelope did a little apin and became an SR, is that a thing now or has that always been there?

Articalys

As far as I know, it's always been a little gimmick that shows up randomly on scouting. After the game decides you get a SR or UR (or a R while normal scouting), there's a very small chance it'll show up at first as an envelope of a lower rarity then transform into the actual card type.

Labrys

As far as I know, it's always been a little gimmick that shows up randomly on scouting. After the game decides you get a SR or UR (or a R while normal scouting), there's a very small chance it'll show up at first as an envelope of one lower rarity then transform into the actual card type.

It's also possible for it to pop out an R and transform into a UR (Honors scouting and blue coupons only). It's what happened with my Umi UR i just barely got.

Articalys

But still, has it actually been around since the game's start? I wouldn't know, only been playing for 7ish months.

edit: apparently Honoka is the waifu of whoever's running Right Stuf's Twitter account at the moment. Honkers figma just showed up at their warehouse and is listed as "in stock and available" for $66.

https://twitter.com/animetoday/status/652287571708506112
http://www.rightstufanime.com/Honoka-Kosaka-Love-Live-Figma-Figure

random edit: by the way, has anyone who was able to and dared to upgrade to Android Marshmallow tried SIF yet? On the update notices it warned it might not be fully compatible yet.

random edit 2: how many people use the Japanese terms and how many use the English terms when talking about the game in here?

Labrys

I've been playing since that one bloodbath-y Umi event, I'm actually not sure how long it's been around either. From the reddit I've seen people advise against upgrading to Marshmallow, because it makes it more glitchy than usual.

Also, I tend to mix up terms. For example I use idolize instead of awaken, but I use loveca instead of love gems.

GoXDS

random edit 2: how many people use the Japanese terms and how many use the English terms when talking about the game in here?

the only term I use JP term for is Vouchers since that wasn't in EN when I started. just used that and got stuck with it. Scouting Ticket vs Scouting Coupon is hard to remember anyways, so I'll probably stick with Voucher

CoinArt

I use JP terms for things that weren't in EN at launch and EN terms for things that were, except for loveca/gems, which I vary depending on which version I'm talking about.

Elixir

For various reasons I'm officially selling my custom-made LLSIF arcade controller and iPad 3rd gen 32gb. The controller uses Blutrol over Bluetooth and there's no lag whatsoever. The iPad is hooked up to the Japanese iOS store and everything has already been configured good to go. The controller is made out of high-res art on Sanwa buttons in an Arthong case. The controller can also be hooked up over USB to charge. The iPad comes in its original box and everything that came with. Here's a video of it in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmTeY2Gnnis

The button coordinates can be changed to anywhere on the screen so there should be no problem with future games, hell, this even works with Tokyo 7th Sisters.

I'm asking $300 + shipping for both. This includes the iPad and controller. I am already selling this way under cost. I could sell separately, but you'd be on your own for setting it up with your own device.

I'll also throw in a Dekke iPad stand for free. PM me for more info, but only if you're seriously interested.

If you're not interested but you know someone who might be, please let them know.

Sayara

Neo Member
So i begun to play the jp version of LLSIF to pretty good amusement.
So many songs i never played before, Like sunny day song and stuff

Except stuff like this happen cuz i dont got nearly as many shiny cards here.
CQ5MNOeUcAE9WcU.jpg

d'oh

Articalys

For people still playing the game, what do you consider yourself to be? Super casual player who only picks it up every now and then when you're bored? Someone who ignores the game until it's event time for your waifu? Hardcore whale who buys gems by the truckload? Or something in-between?

I'm still playing every day to try to never waste any LP and starting to target tier 2 for events I like, but otherwise play normally.

fek

For people still playing the game, what do you consider yourself to be? Super casual player who only picks it up every now and then when you're bored? Someone who ignores the game until it's event time for your waifu? Hardcore whale who buys gems by the truckload? Or something in-between?

I'm still playing every day to try to never waste any LP and starting to target tier 2 for events I like, but otherwise play normally.
Casual at this point. I play mostly trying for new full combos and collecting loveca to pull for the next Nico UR whenever it comes out. Might do some events in JP depending on the card but it's been a while since the last time I went for even the fist card

tenton

Super hardcore fail player.

I play the JP one every day since they added the daily bonuses. Grrr... :p

I fail to 2nd tier the EN one by 16 points when I'm feeling real good (Hanayo event), but I do try to 2nd tier every event when I can on both sides.

I do stop playing the EN version when I get close to a level in between events to preserve the level up.

That reminds me, need to catch up on JP Maki event. :p

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I just wait for events now and even then I think I've gotten tired of those.

Now I'm playing Cindy Gals.

PS. Is it a Honoka UR draw yet?

Sayara

Neo Member
Its a 2nd Year pullbox with a guarenteed SR at least. Not quite an official UR Honoka pull though...

I play to burn the LP, and just to kill time really. Never really tiered any event at all!

JoeFu

Banned
Your internal thoughts every time you see your avatar after you've posted?

good one

also how are people's teams now in game? I've been pretty lucky recently
(although some luck may have taken a biiiit of cash....)

My EN teams
9dZD5nr.jpg

JP Teams
DXvDp8c.jpg

I somehow have 4 URs on my Pure JP team haha, so crazy.
also love the fact no Maki on any of my teams in JP

Azuran

Banned
My teams except for my Pure are complete and utter garbage in my EN game. I been hoarding love gems lately so I cry everytime I play.

On the other hand, they're pretty decent on my JPN game.

PK Gaming

I'm less than casual, haha. I only play once in a blue moon and I don't even go for SRs anymore.

Himemiya

I had a dream, before this vote was even announced, that there was an idolized Eli card suit UR, so that one was a given. Umi and Nico also look great in the card suit set, but there's nun Umi. Maki is garbage to me so I don't care, but at least with fairytale (see also: Nozomi) the background will be a surprise. Have to have a cool background and a passable outfit, I don't know who the heck would vote for something like those April fruit stand things but maybe the final cards will be really pretty either way. Narrowing down the Hanayos was too hard.
eckOo4x.png

This one is cute as hell though.
What did everyone else vote for?

Himemiya

Gonna take me a while to find the onesI voted for brb will edit in

But I didn't only choose SRs. I have no idea why, but I chose some UR's... I forgot the whole point of the vote when I did it lol.
When you click on the notice and then the characters' faces it shows your choice doesn't it?

Labrys

I voted for:
New Years Honoka, Umi and Eli
Job Ver. 2 Rin
Constellation Maki
Rapunzel Nozomi
Spring Hanayo
Summer Nico
China Dress Kotori

Top Bottom