• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Dark Souls 2 DLC delayed by a week

McDougles

They had just shown off footage and info to places like Polygon on Thursday, so it had to have been some type of A-bug or something to delay the last DLC for a week.

Kind of crazy I hated this game when it came out, but now I'm really digging it. Close to 30hrs in, and I'm barely scratching the surface, lol. But yeah, what's the consensus on the DLC for the game, worth it?

Dambrosi

Banned
Kind of crazy I hated this game when it came out, but now I'm really digging it. Close to 30hrs in, and I'm barely scratching the surface, lol. But yeah, what's the consensus on the DLC for the game, worth it?
Oh hell yes. Both new areas are magnificent - in fact, I've heard people say they're better than the main game.

Teeth

For the most part, they're better than the majority of the main game's areas. More complex level designs, tougher enemies, more devious traps. A couple of really great boss fights (and a couple of savagely hard ones). Some people have criticized the enemy types for being more of the infinite-poise variety (can't knock them out of attack animations) but I found them fun to fight.

The two areas are pretty damn tough, so I wouldn't advise tackling them until you're about at or past Drangleic Castle unless you are a pro.

Durante

I'm actually happy about this, gives me some time to play Ar nosurge (which was going to release on the same day).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
To enter DLC#1, you go through The Gutter, right?
How do you enter DLC#2 and #3?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Thanks ya'll!

Hypron

Acutally that's pretty good for me. I've got heaps of uni stuff on this week and most of next week but after that I'll be pretty much free. Which coincides quite well with the release of this DLC :D

KarmaCow

Aww I just finished the game with a new character specifically for this dlc. I still have Dragonfall and Wasteland 2 to play though.

Danielsan

Bummer for those who were looking forward to it, though a week isn't too bad.
I just got back into Dark Souls 2 myself. Originally started on the PS3 and made it to the Undead Crypt. Stopped and restarted on the PC, but never got as far as on the PS3.

I recently formatted my PC and got a fresh Windows install. But sadly lost my DS2 save in the process. I restarted last friday, 9 hours in, and I'm already making good progress. Just beat the Smelter Demon and already killed the Lost Sinner. Hopefully I can get to the late game areas soon, and I really want to try the DLC. Especially DLC 3, as I love snowy settings.

For as much shit as Dark Souls gets from the fans (some of it deserved), it's still a blast to play through. There are few games in which you can play though the exact same content 3 times within 6 months and still enjoy it.

For the most part, they're better than the majority of the main game's areas. More complex level designs, tougher enemies, more devious traps. A couple of really great boss fights (and a couple of savagely hard ones). Some people have criticized the enemy types for being more of the infinite-poise variety (can't knock them out of attack animations) but I found them fun to fight.

The two areas are pretty damn tough, so I wouldn't advise tackling them until you're about at or past Drangleic Castle unless you are a pro.

Reminds me when my friend use to play Dark Souls 1 in front of me. Certain areas in that game where brutal with all sets of traps. Thanks for the recommendations guys.

Im still waiting for a PS4/X1 remaster

Didnt know they were still doing DLC, and that it was so extensive, so it makes me wonder about GOTY editions/ports

I decided to give away my purchase at launch after hearing about the criticisms, but I still intend to jump into the game.

Edit: And apparently the DLC is better than the base game?

This is good, plenty of games to play in the meantime.

Take all the time you need, FROM.

A delayed DLC is eventually good, a bad DLC is bad forever.

My wallet thanks you, delay.

Clearos

No issue with this as the backlog needs some loving and I need time to level up my second character.

If this is an issue then i change my answer to something about taking the day off work and not being able to play.

Mogwai

Edit: And apparently the DLC is better than the base game?
It has the same issues as the base game. Copy/paste assets, pointless fights with way too many enemies at once, etc.

It's decent but nothing spectacular. Nothing close to Artorias of the Abyss.

Poudini

Banned
It has the same issues as the base game. Copy/paste assets, pointless fights with way too many enemies at once, etc.

The boss fights are pretty spectacular though. Apart from the
2 copy/pasted bosses, though Nashandra's fight was way improved.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk

I love Artorias myself, and the bosses were spectacular, but people seem to forget Artorias re-used assets too. Royal Woods and the stone giants, anyone?

Guevara

I love Artorias myself, and the bosses were spectacular, but people seem to forget Artorias re-used assets too. Royal Woods and the stone giants, anyone?

THAT HAD NARRATIVE WEIGHT AND LORE SIGNIFICANCE!!!!

But seriously, it was so mild many people didn't realize it was the same area, meant to be very very far in the past. Personally I thought it was great, the area felt familiar in a disconcerting way.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Hey I liked it too, but let's not pretend it wasn't re-used assets. I just don't see why one gets a pass and not the other. And "lore justification" can be used for anything, I couldn't care less about that to be honest. :p

ced

I might as well get around to playing all 3 DLCs now, as my hope for an ultimate super extreme PS4 version with all DLC is probably not happening.

nynt9

THAT HAD NARRATIVE WEIGHT AND LORE SIGNIFICANCE!!!!

But seriously, it was so mild many people didn't realize it was the same area, meant to be very very far in the past. Personally I thought it was great, the area felt familiar in a disconcerting way.

Doesn't the
Smelter Demon
's reappearance also have lore significance?

Top Bottom