• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Pig Studios announces "Meme Run" for the Wii U eShop

Oddduck

A bunch of people were talking about this game in the Nintendo Downloads thread.

Ninja Pig Studios announced Meme Run for the Wii U eShop on Miiverse.

ByPvwI-IEAAHFfR.png

Previously, Ninja Pig Studios published the game IQ Test on the Wii U.

The developer posted some YouTube footage of the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoGTTzs2PLg&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spD40KSnYXs&list=UUMh69Hx3_K6zylV3-8ME0-g

Source: http://www.gonintendo.com/s/238059-ninja-pig-studios-bringing-meme-run-to-wii-u

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Come on Nintendo, kill this where it stands. You don't need this, we don't need this.

I can't imagine the pain non-Wii U owners are in. How could you wake up every day, look over at your Xbox One, PS4, PC, whatever you have, and live with the knowledge that you will never, EVER get Meme Run?

That is seriously more annoying than amusing. Some of these titles give a really bad name to indy games. I know Wii U needs games but I hope Nintendo blocks this title.

GulAtiCa

Problem with making eShop open. eShop as a closed platform (WiiWare) would be bad idea. That said, thankfully Nintendo doesn't showcase bad games.

Given how much IQ Test has sold.. I'm honestly not surprised this is coming now. For those that think IQ Test hasn't done well cause of the bad reviews, think again.

devonodev

I saw the image earlier on facebook and assumed it was either a fake post, or from when people could upload any image to miiverse.

It never even occurred to me it'd be real.
It looks beautiful.

It's part of the "So bad it's....no, it's still awful" group of eShop titles making cheap awful games and hoping people spread the word to get more sales. Really hope Nintendo adjusts its policies to not be so friendly. It probably hurts them more than anything with things like this

AsfaeksBR

I think the only place they would allow to sell this game is Play Store.
Really, this must be a LTTP April First joke...

Cess007

"Swag Points"? Really? REALLY? I really hope Ninty doesn't approve this, it gotta maintain a sense of quality in his console.

Dsyndrome

I can't help but be strangely attracted to this Yolo Swag endless runner, if only for the train wreck forthcoming. This is something I would program while drunk in college, not a game I'd ever ask money for.

It seems that with opening up the eShop for everybody, there are lower-quality games making it in, and some developers are knowingly rushing out work to get as much as possible. Of course, at the same time, this allows some solid games to make it, too. The concern I have is that I don't think we're getting as many quality games fast enough as these lower-tier ones.

A question arises: what differs between Sony/Microsoft and Nintendo's certifications such that Nintendo gets these games and the others doesn't'?

Sify64

Please stop giving more attention to this game, as it is exactly the reaction that the developer (lol) wants from gamers. Bad publicity sells.

GulAtiCa

Please stop giving more attention to this game, as it is exactly the reaction that the developer (lol) wants from gamers. Bad publicity sells.

Yep. The more attention you give games like this, the better it does. It's why The Letter has sold so well. All the threads and posts here helped to make it sell very well.

It seems that with opening up the eShop for everybody, there are lower-quality games making it in, and some developers are knowingly rushing out work to get as much as possible. Of course, at the same time, this allows some solid games to make it, too. The concern I have is that I don't think we're getting as many quality games fast enough as these lower-tier ones.

A question arises: what differs between Sony/Microsoft and Nintendo's certifications such that Nintendo gets these games and the others doesn't'?

Yeah this is how I view it. The quick make-quick-buck games are coming out first, but other games that are higher quality just take more time. Take our own Ashodin's game "psyscrolr" which has been in development for at least a few months and looks very well done. So more indie goodness is coming, and will hopefully outweigh the bad, it just sadly takes time.

Top Bottom