• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: 1st Australian presentation now available online

700,000 3DS' sold here and were important enough to get the new 3DS before the US, thanks Nintendo. And at a great price as well. My wallet will cease to exist this November.

CassSept

I swear every time I think Nintendo won't be able to surprise me any more they come out with something so decidedly insane that it's unbelievable.

Congrats Aussies, have fun with your N3DS's :)

Jackano

Just woke up. What is happening here? Time to ask Voo.... Nintendo Australia to end region locking?
Also NoA > NoA.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
What in the holy name of the what the hell.

Ok, we know Australian prices: what are current Australian prices for current 3DS and 3DS XL models?

jonno394

Was gonna buy an xl this weekend and upgrade when the new 3ds comes out. Now I'm just gonna order this from Australia for around the same price.

Nintendo Europe just lost two sales.

What in the holy name of the what the hell.

Ok, we know Australian prices: what are current Australian prices for current 3DS and 3DS XL models?

About $200 for 3DS and $250 for XL. Prices might have changed, but new 3DS is priced greatly.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yes you can import it, my Australian 3DS has a UK eShop. Everything is compatible, but you'd need a UK charger (which they sell separately there, yeah?).

Man i think i will get this sucker. I will be able to use my current XL charger i guess.

btw. My NNiD is tied the German eShop - but i guess this wont make a difference when transferring stuff over ?

Putosaure

Maybe they are beta testing a release in PAL countries to a smaller scale because they don't have enough stock yet.

But sorry Australia, I may try to import one of these. Unless it costs a third of the console price of course.

takriel

Video loads properly, like I see the loading bar, but it just won't play, even if it is finished loading. Anyone know what to do?

Richie

That's gonna be available for all 3DS users.

Oh. A pity they're not reestructing some of the OS, had hoped that with the increase in RAM, they'd make the console interact more smoothly with the Wii U, making cross buy a sooner possibility...

ZeroX03

Banned
Man i think i will get this sucker. I will be able to use my current XL charger i guess.

btw. My NNiD is tied the German eShop - but i guess this wont make a difference when transferring stuff over ?

It shouldn't at all. It should transfer over like any 3DS, unless they've added a region lock specific to Australia (which is super unlikely).

So happy they're bringing the white N3DS over. It was a bit up in the air for a while. And the faceplates I like too.

El Sabroso

if your region is on that 3DS then you can transfer that account, otherwise not

Hmm was gonna wait for a special edition but might buy the regular New 3DS in November for the faceplates
and to rub it in all you NA/EU peeps faces
, then grab an XL when a nice
Xenoblade
special edition releases.

Nanashrew

Banned
Hmm was gonna wait for a special edition but might buy the regular New 3DS in November for the faceplates
and to rub it in all you NA/EU peeps faces
, then grab an XL when a nice
Xenoblade
special edition releases.

I'm not angry, I'm happy for Australia
I'm shaking my fist at my screen right now.

New 3DS releasing in Australia this year, but not EU & US? How exactly did they earn that? *shakes fist*

Also, New Nintendo 3DS name confirmed for the west? Why... ;_;

ZeroX03

Banned
An almost complete list of the cover plates available at launch can be found here. 20 at launch. Retails from $18AUD.

Official website here.

Can't find any confirmed prices for NZ, no retailers appear to have them live yet. Press release doesn't say.

ugly

Engrish is the cutest shit ever
I could eat you Tom Enoki
Uh

I said that in my head

The n3DS theme music makes me want to shoot myself

ZeroX03

Banned

ramyeon

Holy shit that's a really good price on the New 3DS models. Will probably grab the regular one since there's no white New 3DS XL on launch and those coloured buttons are so good.

popyea

The eshop is tied to the NNID. So a UK NNID can get the UK eshop with an Aus system.. If that makes sense.

I think he means you can't switch regions as you like anymore. But yeah, it's still import friendly the way it is. I imported my 3DS from the UK (for that animal crossing pattern) and can access the Australian EShop, because it's still PAL. I just can't access the UK one anymore without losing my saves.

Top Bottom