• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros. WiiU Gamecube Controller / Adapter Bundle Box Revealed

Fiktion

Banned
Available for Pre-Order.

Contains the game, an adapter, and a Smash Bros. branded controller for $99.

812eVNX6LTL._SL1500_.jpg

Alfredo

Aw, so that was the final controller design. I was hoping for something cooler, but oh well. Seems like a good buy.

So is the final title really fucking

"Super Smash Bros for Wii U"? Damn... Was hoping that was placeholder. Super Smash Bros Universe, Fight, Battle, fucking anything is better than "for Wii U".

Probably bought either way for me, but does the adapter allow the use of the cube controllers for anything else? Highly doubt it....

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Fuuuuuuuuuck dont do this to me, I already have 2 gamecube controllers that work, but.....fuuuuccckkkkkk

KHlover

Banned
I need this in my life. Has NOE confirmed the bundle will make it to Europe? Because I need it. I really REALLY need it in my life *-*

So is the final title really fucking

"Super Smash Bros for Wii U"? Damn... Was hoping that was placeholder. Super Smash Bros Universe, Fight, Battle, fucking anything is better than "for Wii U".

it's a play of words since this is the fourth smash, making super smash bros for (4) wii u / 3ds isn't a bad idea, specially since it seem to be working very well.

Also, the 3ds version already launched in japan, there's ton of threads on gaf all the time, why would you think they would replace it now?

it's a play of words since this is the fourth smash, making super smash bros for (4) wii u / 3ds isn't a bad idea, specially since it seem to be working very well.

Also, the 3ds version already launched in japan, there's ton of threads on gaf all the time, why would you think they would replace it now?

What about Super Smash Bros 4 Wii U?

For sounds like Four.
Woah...

I'm freaking blind.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
IN TWENTY FOURTEEN

Nintendo is so weird / amazing.

deleted

It's really a testament to this controller that after 10 years after it was designed it still is the best choice to play some games.

Imagine if Microsoft would launch an Xbox 1 controller with the next Halo..

I still want a Wii U pro Controller with that button layout though

Kathian

Banned
Why can't they release a wireless one? :(
wavebird is an option but I mean as the new controller

Anyway; time to bring back the Gamecube controller.

Ein Bear

So is this controller made by Nintendo or is it made by a third-party company?

I believe it's made by Nintendo themselves, as it looks like a straight-up official Gamecube controller.

There are some officialy licensed third-party 'fight pads' that are based on the GC Controller and feature Nintendo character artwork though.

I need this in my life. Has NOE confirmed the bundle will make it to Europe? Because I need it. I really REALLY need it in my life *-*
NOE might have said something but they don't announce SKUs to whole sellers or anything like that until about a month before release so retailers don't put pre-orders up. They then wonder why they can't properly supply things to them because at that point you don't have time to manage demand...

Basically we might have an SKU within a week of the inevitable Nintendo Direct that tells us the game is coming on 21st November and what fucking Amiibos do besides Smash Bros.

So is this controller made by Nintendo or is it made by a third-party company?
From what I gather these are first party while the classic controller pros in the same design are third party (more of them later)...

Here is the solo gamecube adapter if you are getting the game digitally.

Link
This item will be released on December 31, 2014. I don't believe your lies Amazon. I expect it will be £19.99 in the UK *sigh*.

Why can't they release a wireless one? :(
wavebird is an option but I mean as the new controller

Anyway; time to bring back the Gamecube controller.
Wireless as in Classic Controller Pro?
Hori : http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ND0E604/?tag=neogaf0e-20
PDP: http://www.game.co.uk/en/Super+Smash+Bros+Mario+Gamecube+Controller+For+Wii+U-304923
I feel bad for PDP as the Hori one looks a lot better.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Walmart's got an amiibo bundle for $99 that comes with the game and 3 amiibos, but I don't think there's any money saved. The amiibos are Mario, Link, Pikachu.

Thank you, checked. I agree with you and plus, I'd want an official amiibo bundle distributed by Nintendo (I'm in PAL land).
I'd be ok with Smash, Smash+GCcontroller, Smash+ 1 amiibo (maybe with an assortment, so you can choose your most beloved one)

Xeno_V

Personally I don't see a reason to go for this bundle as I already have 2 wavebirds.
If the game is $50 and the adapter another $20 then the GC controller is like $30 in the end.
It's not quite a bargain, is it?

Top Bottom