• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One reach 100 thousand shipped in China on day one

100k sounds good and it'd be interesting to see how it stacks up against the PS4 in the same region.

It sounds like I'm speculating, hence the words likely and could. If I had the info, I'd use language like definetly and has. It really is basic English.
So... tales from your ass.

NolbertoS

Return of rhe King?? :p. before I consider this a good omen for MS in asia at least Iwanttoseethereceipts.gif first. I'm betting its shipped rathet than sold. MS PR would be all over thr sold, if it were the case. Crafty PR like usual.

Kinthalis

Banned
The PC versions of these franchises range from terrible to broken.

What? CoD on PC is usually the better version. FIFA is always been fine, though previous iteraiton sometimes lack some of the console's new engine improvements. This year there is parity at least (and it runs better on PC). Never heard anything bad about NBA2k on PC.

Spaghetti

3Gpey.jpg
pretty sucky joke.

Amir0x

Banned
China is going to be an interesting market. It'll be important to see if in the future the Chinese government ever feels any pressure to clamp down on the black market, to perhaps encourage this market. It's probably good for business that they do, I'd think. Good for the videogame industry in general too.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
This could be a very good step for our hobby.

If China can make a transition to more traditional console games and away from F2P PC games it could honestly save a lot of studios who are under a squeeze to sell to a rapidly decreasing marketplace.

It might be a temporary move, but a necessary one given the implosion of the Japanese market.

Given the raw numbers of people involved even a small % attach rate could really move the needle.

VinFTW

This could be a very good step for our hobby.

If China can make a transition to more traditional console games and away from F2P PC games it could honestly save a lot of studios who are under a squeeze to sell to a rapidly decreasing marketplace.

It might be a temporary move, but a necessary one given the implosion of the Japanese market.

Given the raw numbers of people involved even a small % attach rate could really move the needle.

This. Honestly I'm giddy at the possibilities... Exciting times indeed!

pr0cs

Pretty exciting really.
Personally I'd like to see some Chinese developers (ones not owned by UBI et al) create some interesting software. I'm not a fan of a lot of most Japanese software but I'm curious to see what China can produce.

jackdoe

How much of a profit will MS and Sony see from sales in China? I'm assuming that it's a similar situation to Hollywood releases in China.

Pretty exciting really.
Personally I'd like to see some Chinese developers (ones not owned by UBI et al) create some interesting software. I'm not a fan of a lot of most Japanese software but I'm curious to see what China can produce.

Japanese developers are years ahead of your average Chinese developer, even those making handheld games. If you're not a fan of Japanese software, don't pin your hopes on Chinese software being any different.

Some examples below:

speed.qq.com/‎
jx3.xoyo.com/‎
xy2.163.com/‎
http://games.sina.com.cn/tl/index.shtml
http://xy2.163.com/2007/xy3/
http://www.xishanju.com/
http://www.pcgames.com.cn/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaGMEgd0vA8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtOLeQN3yy8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuJwKA0qsdg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k8vDspICPU

renjworks

Neo Member
ok, that's quite impressive, now let's see how Sony will perform.
I would estimate around double that of XB1; of course basing on popularity.

Dunlop

I'm fascinated by the whole retail vs black market for consoles.

Is having a black market console something that is enforceable with fines?

fallingdove

Well done. It's a great system and deserves to do well, regardless.

Not really and not really. Nothing that Xbone(or the PS4 for that matter) currently are make them great systems and they don't deserve anything.

That said, I hope that consoles do well in Asia. I really need some diversity in my games - looking at my library on Xbone/PS4, things are getting a little too western.

Its clearly shipped numbers. MS seldom gives sell through numbers. Lets see how it plays out going forth. It may take awhile to actually sell 100k to customers.

Syrus

Banned
I would think thus is sold through, 100k seems too small a shipment.

Plus wasn't their 100k pre orders or a rumor?

Syrus

Banned
Not really and not really. Nothing that Xbone(or the PS4 for that matter) currently are make them great systems and they don't deserve anything.

That said, I hope that consoles do well in Asia. I really need some diversity in my games - looking at my library on Xbone/PS4, things are getting a little too western.

Nice opinion there, I've had great fun with my system and its exclusives

Well that's your opinion. People vote with their wallet and many Chinese bought the Xbox One. It's a great system after all. I'm actually happy it's better than i thought in the Chinese market. I want these consoles to sell as much as possible.

Its clearly shipped numbers. MS seldom gives sell through numbers.Lets see how it plays out going forth. It may take awhile to actually sell 100k to customers.

What are you basing this on,if you read the article MS didn't give these numbers.Chinese media/retail agencies gave out these numbers today.

fallingdove

Nice opinion there, I've had great fun with my system and its exclusives

Yeah, everyone has them. I guess that's why forums exist.

But even objectively speaking, there are a smaller number of overall functions and features than last gen and the few exclusives that exist on the platforms are scoring worse than their predecessors. Classifying the PS4/Xbone as great in their current state seems to be a bit of a stretch.

RetroStu

Banned
The amount of drive by posts in these positive X1 threads are beyond a joke now. Can i ask why the mods never pick up on it?.

cakely

The amount of drive by posts in these positive X1 threads are beyond a joke now. Can i ask why the mods never pick up on it?.

Fantastic suggestion. Is there any one in particular you'd like to have banned? Is it a short list or sort of a long one?

ironcreed

Banned

Speak for yourself. I think it is a great system and will be even better as the gen progresses. Same goes for the PS4, which I also own.

I would be surprised if this was their sold through numbers and not just shipped. MS has not provided actual sold numbers for any region (have they) and always opt for the higher shipped numbers.

So a launch in a country with 10x the population of Japan bought 4x the XBOnes of the Japanese launch... I guess it depends on how you look at it.

What stats do you have on how many people in China compared to Japan live below the poverty line? If you're going to play stats you got to come with the goods.

The general line of China sold more than Japan is fine.

fallingdove

Well that's your opinion. People vote with their wallet and many Chinese bought the Xbox One. It's a great system after all. I'm actually happy it's better than i thought in the Chinese market. I want these consoles to sell as much as possible.

Investing in the future like all of us have - and I am glad to see it, but my point is that both MS and Sony have yet to prove themselves and neither company deserves anything for what they have done so far.

RetroStu

Banned
Fantastic suggestion. Is there any one in particular you'd like to have banned? Is it a short list or sort of a long one?

I don't want anyone banned, i just don't get why its 'open season' in every X1 thread, usually by the same avatars.
You can get banned for the slightest thing on here, i even got banned for posting the 'Dis gonna be gud' gif in a PS4 thread from ages ago, the thread where it came out about the 4.5gig of ram only used for games. Yes that gif that gets posted a 100 times a day on this forum.

I mean don't any of you get bored of it whenever you go in an X1 thread?

So 100k shipped to China? How many were shipped to Japan and still sit on the shelf?

I would think thus is sold through, 100k seems too small a shipment.

Plus wasn't their 100k pre orders or a rumor?

Didn't India got something like 4000 units shipment? That's the second largest population in the world.

ironcreed

Banned
Investing in the future like all of us have - and I am glad to see it, but my point is that both MS and Sony have yet to prove themselves and neither company deserves anything for what they have done so far.

You don't speak for the millions who have bought and are enjoying these systems already. That said, sorry that you are not happy.

Top Bottom