• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Announces Windows 10

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Windows 9 still free for 8 users
trollface_gif__icon__tpiwg.gif

WindX would be ideal.

joker_smilexdjeo5.jpg

_woLf

After the name of the Xbox One made absolutely no fuckin' sense at all, this does not surprise me in the least.

Microsoft's product naming team have completely lost their minds.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
And I'm still going to be on 7 for a few years. Unless my university subscribes to Dreamspark or I find a way to transfer my 8.1 license from my laptop to my pc.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Why did they skip Win 9? That's supposed to be the good OS according to the "every other windows OS is shit" rule

Trying to buck that trend.

"Our every-other OS isn't shit? OH YEAH!? WE'LL PROVE YOU WRONG! *Win 10 sucks*"

ViciousDS

Banned
Used XP, skipped Vista, Got 7, Skipped 8, Will be getting 10. It seems they get every other revision correct.....so I will be getting 10....it looks great.

The new Windows 10 comes with all those basic applications you've come to expect from your Windows operating system, except a calculator

Cause seven eight nine

haaaaaaaaaaaar har har har

EDIT: hyuk hyuk hyuk

So, Microsoft thinks they not only can rollback on numbers, but skip them too?

World's greatest monsters.

Update: And they just now announced Windows 11. Can't wait to upgrade to Windows 17 this fall.

... :p

You guys made my day. Thanks for the good laughs!
<3 GAF

Edit: I like how it looks, very clean, hope its fast & snappy!

I hope that a feature of Windows 10 is that all of those people who insisted Metro is actually really good should be forced to use it in Windows 10.

Bricky

Turns out I have been running Windows 9 all along. Windows 8.1 with a few tweaks was already way better than Windows 7 and the original 8 anyway, guess Microsoft officially acknowledged that with this name.

Lunar15

Here's the thing: 8's main problems came down to a horrible UI. The actual OS wasn't half bad. My fear is that they're going to give us a better UI, but a worse OS. Holding out hope, though.

Woffls

If this is the enterprise OS, is there a chance they would call consumer-grade OS Windows 9?

Oh my days they've actually done something with command prompt. I hope it's... yep, it's pasting text. Finally.

Top Bottom