• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT2| Louder Than Formula E

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Just read about ericcson to sauber.
I guess they can use the money. Hope they have a better car next year. They seem to have shift the development focus quite early this year. Still hope they get a point in the remaining races as that makes quite a difference when it comes to FOM money.

They can just hope that upgrades on Ferrari PU will work as they should for 2015

DBT85

Michelin already said they wouldn't come back without the new tyres to match those in other racing series and to have more in common with road tyres. It was part of their pitch to get back after Bridgestone left too IIRC.

Pirelli said they'd do the same if that's what F1 wanted, but as usual the teams didn't like the idea of change.

I thought the Lotus with 18s on looked great.

pirelli-10-inch-tyre-f1-concept-test.jpg

Lach

Sauber really needs to improve their car if they don't want to end up dead-last next year.

I'm sure they can. I was really surprised to see that this would (at this point I'm tempted to say "will") be the first time in 21 years in F1 without making points. Which is impressive considering the first few years it took a Top6 place to make points.

Gruso

Apparently Texas switches to DST at 2am Sunday. Just get the times from the formula1.com sidebar - they should be corrected for race local + your local time.

DBT85

I don't understand. Why?

There were also rumours that Sebastian Vettel would miss qualifying altogether because by taking a sixth new engine, the penalties would add up to mean he would have to start from the pit lane, even if he took pole.
"We'll certainly be taking part in qualifying," said Red Bull boss Christian Horner. "But we have to be very careful with our mileage, he has to get through three race weekends with this unit."

Ark

Well, they are basically spending a lot of money racing against themselves. It's better to spend some of that money in another series.

True, but having both Porsche and Audi compete in the WEC might entice other car manufacturers to join the series at prototype level.

LeBoef

True, but having both Porsche and Audi compete in the WEC might entice other car manufacturers to join the series at prototype level.

like the fight audi vs peugeot before?
btw, toyota is in aswell... arent they?

/edit
toyota is at least at le mans. dont know if they participate at the whole WEC season

cmr-94

wow at the bernie interview on sky! considering changing engine regs to get noise back. promoter not happy.

also, F1 could potentially go down to 14 cars is things go bad

cmr-94

this noise argument has got to stop. these engines aren't going anywhere. perhaps we can make them a little louder somehow but there is no going back now

psilva

What are the chances of them working with raising the rev limit? A cranked up turbocharged V6 should sound fucking delicious, no? Or are we stuck at these revs because of the priority of the current fuel limit?

DBT85

wow at the bernie interview on sky! considering changing engine regs to get noise back. promoter not happy.

He needs to go away.

What are the chances of them working with raising the rev limit? A cranked up turbocharged V6 should sound fucking delicious, no? Or are we stuck at these revs because of the priority of the current fuel limit?

The engines are limited to 15,000 but don't go that high because of the fuel limit. If they were allowed to run fuel a little more KG per hour, then they might just tip 15,000 RPM.

Zeknurn

Well Grosjean just soiled his pants. Jesus.

Did he just say "Merde, are you sure things are working properly?"

Edit: Why does Grosjean's helmet have a bunch of Matt LeBlanc pictures on it?

Rosberg with downshift problems. Gearbox penalty inc? Gg that's the race over.

Fox Mulder

this noise argument has got to stop. these engines aren't going anywhere. perhaps we can make them a little louder somehow but there is no going back now

yeah, I'm shocked Bernie is still harping on it, as the outcry felt like it went away. A bit unprofessional to constantly be shitting on your own product.

I wish they sounded better, but oh well. If anything, I'd rather they focus on ways to better parity so one team doesn't rule the entire season or for years at a time.

That must have been one of the longest team-principal press-conferences ever.

Boullier looked a bit uncomfortable when he had to defend the big budgets that teams like McLaren use compared to the smaller teams. It wasn´t that long ago that he wanted budget-caps.

Dead Man

Fuck off Bernie, just get rid of the fuel flow limit you fucking monkey. Let the teams fucking race flat out if they want.
B1S5eosCcAAuQWw.png:orig

Williams can't get away with such horrible move, they should be banned for the next 3 events!
What a horrendous breach of decorum, they must be punished!
They don't hit the rev limit because of the fuel flow regs, making the rev limit superfluous. Mandating average fuel flow is a stupid idea, they argue it is for preventing boring ends to races where everyone is in conserve mode, but that is some very fucking shaky reasoning to me.

f0rk

American promoters all about that noise then apparently

You can't take what Bernie says as what Bernie thinks / will do. I mean in that Sky interview the dumb American 'CAR SHOULD GO VROOOM' promoter is literally standing right next to him. Anything Bernie says is for that guys benefit.

Top Bottom