• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4G - Info & Import-Thread - The biggest Monster Hunter ever

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I still miss that stupid giant king crab type of boss they had back in the days.

Currently am collecting mats from the G quests. Man I need to stuff from that "secret" spot you can start the level in, but have a feeling wont be hitting it up any time soon unless I can get that food skill going.

komaruR

I still miss that stupid giant king crab type of boss they had back in the days.

Currently am collecting mats from the G quests. Man I need to stuff from that "secret" spot you can start the level in, but have a feeling wont be hitting it up any time soon unless I can get that food skill going.

so far i havent got into the secret area without food skill.

Parakeetman

so far i havent got into the secret area without food skill.

thankfully the food skill seems to proc often enough!

i need to progress my g rank since with the quests i have currently dont think i have the area i need for the specific ancient dragon bone. at least i upgraded some other weapons in the meantime with the new mats.

need to practice more before taking on the g quests solo. slowly getting back into the swing of things with my gun lance.

Parakeetman

Zero²;135938311 said:
Well u can definitely get it without the food skill on MH3U...
Dunno about 4 tho

you still should be able to with high and g rank just low chance of it occurring. with the random starting points.

Vuze

Somebody here who is actually fluent in Japanese and could summarize the extended village story for me? I've been watching RisingFunGamings live translation series on YT but unfortunately his capture card broke after the Monoblos quest. So I've got what's going on until the Grand Master is travelling to Dondruma. Would be much appreciated :)

Well, if they manage to deliver it before I have to go to a training interview, I'll get the game today. It's finally on its way for delivery.
And if they can't get here before then, I'll get the game in two days I'd say.

Mozz-eyes

Banned
Somebody here who is actually fluent in Japanese and could summarize the extended village story for me? I've been watching RisingFunGamings live translation series on YT but unfortunately his capture card broke after the Monoblos quest. So I've got what's going on until the Grand Master is travelling to Dondruma. Would be much appreciated :)

Dude comes to a village and kills some monsters.

I wouldn't worry too much. There's a lot of text for no real reason.

I've got decent ish Japanese but got bored of the story pretty early on. My buddy with actually-fluent-doesnt-even-need-to-think Japanese said something similar.

Vuze

Dude comes to a village and kills some monsters.

I wouldn't worry too much. There's a lot of text for no real reason.

I've got decent ish Japanese but got bored of the story pretty early on. My buddy with actually-fluent-doesnt-even-need-to-think Japanese said something similar.

Yeah sure, I don't expect much from it but after all they've put some effort into building those NPCs and CG cutscenes so I'd still like to know :)

Parakeetman

Yeah sure, I don't expect much from it but after all they've put some effort into building those NPCs and CG cutscenes so I'd still like to know :)

They didnt its still flavor text for the most part, its not like there really is anything going on to make you care about the characters all that much. Since most of the time everything is zoomed out so far back you feel detached from them for the most part.

CG cutscenes is more just eye candy and to not make the SP experience as barren as it used to be originally.

Sides for the most part everything winds up turning into "need help with X so do quest Y" sorta deal lol

Vuze

Some more digging and I think this pretty much confirms eShop-linked DLC for items, equip and amulets (= charms I guess).
3241ef27ae.png

DLC_EshopInfo.txt and DLC_ShopXX.txt files haven't been present in both, MH3G and MH4 and are pulled from Capcoms servers if you open the DLC menu. Equipment was to be expected after seeing the message I posted a few pages back but I didn't think of amulets.

Tenbatsu

DLC amulets? Wow I wonder what kind of skills will they have. Might break the game thou if they allow high rank amulets to be purchase.

Parakeetman

DLC amulets? Wow I wonder what kind of skills will they have. Might break the game thou if they allow high rank amulets to be purchase.

not really since even back in the ps2 days action replay cheaters with best gear still sucked at the game and 3 strikes out on quests

Tenbatsu

not really since even back in the ps2 days action replay cheaters with best gear still sucked at the game and 3 strikes out on quests
Ha that's true. But it will also depend on what type of amulets are they selling. Whether if they are pleasing the casual crowd.

I managed to clear 60% of G1 quests solo. Think my MH4 end game armor (def 400) is cracking up. Time for a change.

So, what's everyone's hopes for the paid DLC? Returning monsters and/or areas? New monsters and new areas entirely? The mysterious Yama Tsunami, or the absolutely divine Amatsumagatsuchi? I am just... BEGGING for the DLC to be good.

Vuze

So, what's everyone's hopes for the paid DLC? Returning monsters and/or areas? New monsters and new areas entirely? The mysterious Yama Tsunami, or the absolutely divine Amatsumagatsuchi? I am just... BEGGING for the DLC to be good.

I finally got into the ROM yesterday and did two write-ups on my DLC-related findings. New monsters and new areas are not to be expected after what I've seen sadly.

As fellow players of the game are aware, Capcom published an update for the game shortly after release which added an “eShop” option to the DLC menu. For now, there is one free Item Pack you can get from there but it’s pretty obvious (but not confirmed) that they plan on introducing paid packs - however, there hasn’t been an official statement about this and no information about other eShop-linked DLC. So please don’t take the following as confirmation or get mad, we don’t know how they will actually execute their plans.

While I’ve been tinkering with the games data to find out which armors are included in the game, I came across this message. It basically says that I have equipment parts in my box which will be deleted since the matching DLC data could not be found. At first I thought they blocked users from hacking the event stuff like Samus armor but it turns out I can use those just fine even when the quest is not released. 84 parts of each equipment type have been removed after I proceeded however. This was the first time when I thought about (paid) equipment DLC.

Just recently I monitored which files the game pulls from Capcoms servers when you open the DLC menu. Well, I came across these (they are all encrypted, not plain text files). Now, I’ve been doing this for MH3G and MH4 so I have a point of reference. DLC_EShopInfo.txt, DLC_ShopItemInfo_jpn.txt, DLC_ShopEquiInfo_jpn.txt as well as DLC_ShopAmulInfo_jpn.txt are all new to MH4G. This pretty much confirmed my assumption on equipment DLC but raised a new one: amulet DLC (as in the items you mine and get charms from)? Ugh.

Finally I managed to dig deeper and could decrypt the games file system. Not sure where to start I simply picked up a file called core_dlc and found a lot of text strings that reveal even more details on the matter. Let’s have a look.

Presumably planned Item Packs:
<snipped because length>

Item Pack contents are sent directly to your Item Box. There is no info on what the single packs actually contain (atleast not plain visible) but these all sound pretty sensible to me. Based Armor Sphere and Kinsect Bait Pack~

There are also warning texts about having reached the maximum of Zenny and Caravan Points your character can store at a time, so those could be included in Item Packs as well.

Excavation Gear & Amulet Packs:

There are also two menu titles I haven&#8217;t seen in the DLC menu itself yet. &#30330;&#25496;&#35013;&#20633;&#12497;&#12483;&#12463; (Excavation Gear Pack) and &#12362;&#23432;&#12426;&#12497;&#12483;&#12463; (Amulet Pack). Goes hand in hand with the previously mentioned text files that are pulled from Capcoms servers. Furthermore there is some text that says that all these purchases are tied to your savedata and can be received from the Room Service cat in your home.

According to gaijinhunter, who had a look at the text file as well, they will sell complete sets of Excavation Gear. As you might know, the design of the gear you get from Guild Quest is not totally specified, so it makes sense to sell those as complete packages for aesthetic reasons.

Also an interesting thing to note is that the game actually talks about &#35703;&#30707; (Charms, not Amulets) when mentioning where to find your purchases and that you can apparently select which skill points you prefer before judging your purchased amulets. So basically limited randomisation.

This is basically everything I have to share with you today. No monster DLC, no unique armor set DLC but on the other hand no ruby item packs or the like. And again: Nothing has been officially confirmed, this is all just stuff that I collected by doing some digging. Time will tell what Capcom will make out of this.
Found some more stuff in the game data, I guess there is nothing more to find out until Capcom goes live with the DLC :p

New charm types:

As far as I know MH4G has 14 different charm types that you can get as of now, starting with &#20853;&#22763;&#12398;&#35703;&#30707; (Rarity 1 trash) and ending with &#22855;&#36321;&#12398;&#35703;&#30707; (which you can get from Level 140 Guild Quests). However, the game data lists three more charm types after those!

&#29733;&#29632;&#12398;&#35703;&#30707; / Amber Charm
&#32737;&#32736;&#12398;&#35703;&#30707; / Jade Charm
&#37329;&#21083;&#12398;&#35703;&#30707; / Diamond Charm

It turns out these also require eShop-DLC data on the card or else they&#8217;ll be removed from your equipment box. So I guess they decided to &#8220;brand&#8221; purchased charms which is a good thing! This will certainly prevent ppl from bragging about their paid charms :p

DLC Excavation gear series:

As mentioned in yesterdays post you and clarified by Adam, you can purchase complete Excavation gear sets. You can buy the following series:
<snipped because length>

There is also one &#8220;dummy&#8221; set that won&#8217;t be available for purchase I guess haha. If we count the above and the dummy (multiply by 2 since there are seperate Blademaster and Gunner parts for each armor piece) the number of equipment pieces matches with the number of pieces that got deleted from my box (again, see yesterdays post for more details).

http://mhvuze.tumblr.com/post/101205041568/mh4g-some-info-about-eshop-dlc-from-the-game-data
http://mhvuze.tumblr.com/post/101255188293/mh4g-dlc-charms-and-excavation-gear-details

I finally got into the ROM yesterday and did two write-ups on my DLC-related findings. New monsters and new areas are not to be expected after what I've seen sadly.

http://mhvuze.tumblr.com/post/101205041568/mh4g-some-info-about-eshop-dlc-from-the-game-data
http://mhvuze.tumblr.com/post/101255188293/mh4g-dlc-charms-and-excavation-gear-details

That's rather disappointing, for the foreseeable future at least. Hopefully there's stuff that isn't in the data that we don't know about yet, and it'll come a s a lovely surprise~ Also, White Fatalis is also going to appear as DLC. Any ideas on whether or not it'll be free? (I'm hoping so.)

Also, love the videos! Keep 'em up!

Vuze

That's rather disappointing, for the foreseeable future at least. Hopefully there's stuff that isn't in the data that we don't know about yet, and it'll come a s a lovely surprise~ Also, White Fatalis is also going to appear as DLC. Any ideas on whether or not it'll be free? (I'm hoping so.)

Also, love the videos! Keep 'em up!

Thanks man :)

There are no hints to paid quests, I'm 99,9% positive they will all be free.

NewGame

Banned
Thanks for all the digging Vuze, big fan of your work with the previous titles too. :)

Grind before a quest irked me quite a bit. Honestly I would be partial to buying a 99c fat stack of consumeables. Lets not encourage Crapcom though. I would happily fork over 3DS play coins though! Spend an hour grinding volcano runs /w farm or just go for a walk! Non-wearble life improvement right there!!

Prototype

Can someone link me to the reason why capcom disabled posting pics to miiverse?

I just found out about this and and really disappointed. Not really a reason to get a new 3ds for me anymore.
I was really looking forward to this feature more then anything else and was sad is wasn't on Mh3u on the wii u. Now it's not even gonna be in 4u. Lame.

Vuze

Can someone link me to the reason why capcom disabled posting pics to miiverse?

I just found out about this and and really disappointed. Not really a reason to get a new 3ds for me anymore.
I was really looking forward to this feature more then anything else and was sad is wasn't on Mh3u on the wii u. Now it's not even gonna be in 4u. Lame.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=135671395&postcount=430, not sure if you want an official statement, then I don't have one :D

---

I just did my first MP quests and holy fucking hell, the framerate... I don't remember MH4 having such a bad performance. I get literally 15fps when I'm online and visit the blacksmith in Dondruma and the performance during quests also varies heavily... old 3DS obviously but geez

Prototype

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=135671395&postcount=430, not sure if you want an official statement, then I don't have one :D

---

I just did my first MP quests and holy fucking hell, the framerate... I don't remember MH4 having such a bad performance. I get literally 15fps when I'm online and visit the blacksmith in Dondruma and the performance during quests also varies heavily... old 3DS obviously but geez
Thanks, man this makes me sad. Gonna tweet later to them how sad this makes me.

Too bad about the frame rate tho... That sounds horrible.

chadi

Just got my new 3DS and the screenshot feature in Miiverse is still disabled. It's never gonna come back I guess? :( I wish they just banned the users posting hacked screenshots than disabling the feature for everyone. So sad.

Kysen

Put in around 10 hrs at the weekend on the new LL, finally got used to the cstick. Played with 3d on and it's great. The head tracking really works. Had to abandon my hunter set when doing the guild quests as the armor is too damn low. Was funny watching other gunners getting one or 2 shot.

Back to my trusty lance and hiding behind my shield.

Tenbatsu

Faint memory of the difficulty for MH/MHG except for those eggs carrying ones, however, I think this might be one of the hardest MH (excluding Dos) in the main series. Am consuming over 10 great potions for every quest fight for the latter half of G1 (armor 500), might be my armor is still way too low for G rank.

divusrex

Oh god, I can't wait to play this game. It doesn't help that I'm facing a moral dilemma about this. Do I splurge on the bundle set when I'm in Japan, or wait til the NA retail version is out?

LAWD, HEED ME IN MY TIME OF NEED.

Vuze

Oh god, I can't wait to play this game. It doesn't help that I'm facing a moral dilemma about this. Do I splurge on the bundle set when I'm in Japan, or wait til the NA retail version is out?

LAWD, HEED ME IN MY TIME OF NEED.

c7NJRa2.gif

Well, I got to G1 today, with HR26.
As I'm getting owned right now I need to craft an armor set that'd give me quite a bit more defense than I'm currently getting. After that, I can worry about upgrading my weapon then find a setup with good/amazing skills to be able to tackle any quests.
I'd love to get something that combines multiple godly swordsman skills.

NewGame

Banned
Athena is still working on the ASS. It'll be completed soonish! I can't wait to spend hours of my life building theoretical sets that later I find have a 1/7200 chance of finding the charm I need to finish it!

I want to absolutely blast through low and high rank and spend the rest of my life in G rank. In MH3U using the port I got to G rank in less than 20 hours IIRC. Bone and then Bone+ while using Hunting Horn. Might do the same this time around or maybe I'll swap to Alloy + sword and shield.

I was playing the demo of the game at PAX and Sword and Shield felt so good. The rising upslash when climbing is amazing and the backhop+lunge technique is really good.

Tenbatsu

That G1 Najarala combo attack is ultra deadly (projectile burst -> stun -> ground coiling attack), Anti Stun skill is crucial. And they programmed Rajan to shoot projectile the moment you entered the area where it's at. The unfairness from earlier MH titles are back in this one. Aaargh!!

divusrex

Cause I be broke...I got a limited budget and I'd rather not use it all in one purchase.

Has anyone seen any reviews about the Hori extended slide pad? Or can anyone give an opinion on it? I got the claw grip from the PSP and it seems the design of the pad is specifically for us claw users.

Doombear

Athena is still working on the ASS.

Oh that is excellent news. I hope the kinks are worked out by the time it hits NA. I can't live without that ASS. If the DEX is on board too, even if it isn't integrated... even better. I don't know how I ever survived without them.

Zornica

Banned
finally. although I have to admit that I haven't played mh4g nearly as much as I would have liked yet.
to much rl going on. I hope I'll be able to play more during next month.

Vuze

Yeah, same here. "Only" managed to spend 50h with it so far... but I'm slooowly getting to G3 lol

Anyway, I recently crafted the Zamtrios Sub Charge Blade, looks aweomse! Can't wait to make a Status-Set in the endgame to use it with, KO phiole / Para combo could be badass.

Zornica

Banned
january seems highly unlikely. My best bet would be somewhere around march, like 3g back then. Also launching together with the n3ds.

Top Bottom