• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bob The Builder gets makeover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better?
Nu8x3ZC.jpg

Camjo-Z

What is it with these shitty CGI redesigns always taking classic characters and turning them into Dreamworks rejects?

What's with the constant "upgrading" of various characters and mascots by giving them more realistic proportions and what not? Bob was fine. :(

[]http://i.imgur.com/OziGxd1.jpg[/IMG]

My actual thought process was "That jackhammer is too small to do any actual work wi- ohhhh I see what they're going for."

Haha what the fuck. My son watches the "old" version every now and then as it still airs here and seems to like it.

Interested to see if this leads to more popularity for the IP.

Spaghetti

hate when they do these kind of redesigns. the love and craftmanship just goes right out of them, though i expect that's a reality of switching to cheaper and quicker cg animation as opposed to stop motion.

Five

Banned
Funny enough, that actually works. Gives him a personality to it just by the look.

Yeah, I agree that it's more appealing and holistic this way, but probably a little too mature for the intended demographic. (it's the super hero from Megamind, by the way)

Lol, proof positive that not all change is good.

Bob the Builder might be after my time(WAY after my time), but I appreciated his simplistic look. It's simple, yet unique and has charm to it. This new one, on the other hand.... YEEESH!

Roo

Between this, Courage, Thomas and Sailor Moon, I'm confident some bastards want to kill the remains of 90's classics.

Davey Cakes

The fuck? For as insipid as the actual plotting of Bob the Builder was, the character design was actually pretty iconic, or at least memorable

This is just...why would you mess with that?
These are pretty much my thoughts.

I never even watched Bob the Builder. But, I very easily recognized it because of the iconic look.

Now? "Dreamworks reject" indeed.

Toad.T

Banned
Who is Bob The Builder? Can't say I am familiar with that show

Early 2000's Claymation pre-school show from... Brittan, I think? Ran for a while, then stopped. Generally, he fixed/built shit while dispensing morals like "Have good self-esteem" or "Teamwork is cool" or "Nobody will ever find the corpse" (I probably fudged up the last one). Also there was a scarecrow that was a cunt to his team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom