• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] DriveClub Sold 1 Million Units In First Week, Outsold Forza Horizon 2 By 2:1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toxa

DriveClub Sold 1 Million Units In First Week, Outsold Forza Horizon 2 By 2:1 Margin, PS4 Beats Xbox One 5:1

According to reports coming out from Insiderp, DriveClub on PlayStation 4 sold over ONE Million units within a week of its launch. The site reports that the most surprising part of DriveClub was digital sales figure, over 70% of game's sales came via digital transactions and over 70% of game's sale came from Europe.

DriveClub

In addition to this, during DriveClub's launch week (as of October 12), PlayStation 4 outsold Xbox One by a massive margin of 5:1 in Europe. PlayStation 4 managed to sold 96,000 units (around 16% sales came from DriveClub Bundle), whereas Xbox One only sold 19,700 units.

In comparison to Forza Horizon 2 Xbox One launch week sales, DriveClub beats it by a margin of 3:1 worldwide. The full breakdown Forza Horizon 2 and DriveClub Worldwide sales as of October 12 are listed below.

Forza Horizon 2: 489,000 Units
DriveClub: 1 Million Units.

These are not the official figures so we advice readers to take it with massive grain of salt and consider it as rumor, but insiderp has been pretty accurate with their previous sales figure report of PlayStation 4.

Disqualify me if old

rouken

the derp is strong in this one

but if true its kinda given because of the install base of the consoles so derp again

"over 70% of game's sales came via digital transactions and over 70% of game's sale came from Europe"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yes, everyone rushed out to buy the grossly overpriced EU digital version.

No way it's by that much. Although I could maybe understand it since PS4 is desperate for driving games but Xbone already had a Forza game, albeit a bad one.

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
johnny_derp_depp.jpg

Rixa

"over 70% of game's sales came via digital transactions and over 70% of game's sale came from Europe"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

If youre member of PS+, price is 39,90€. I think its quite cheap new game.

Foshy

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The digital version was actually quite a bit cheaper than retail in EU.

not saying the report is even remotely reliable but this part would make sense

CozMick

Banned

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The digital version is actually considerably cheaper than retail.

Hasney

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It's £35 if you have Plus. If that was posted as the only stat, I'd have no trouble believing it. Cheaper than most stores selling the retail version.

Dragon

Banned
A bunch of game-starved sony fans.

Too bad this one wasn't good either.

I assume you've played the game. Sucks you didn't like it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I would argue with your use of the word grossly.

QuikNez

Even if that would be true - why is that surprising? given 1) there are 2x or more PS4s out there, and 2) this is the first decent driving game on PS4 - pent up demand.

It was 39,95 euro for me on PSN as part of a Playstation Plus offer. So yeah, a no-brainer for me. And that Europe likes racing games, and that Playstation 4 does better in Europe, all not surprising. FH2 reviewing better than DriveClub isn't that likely to affect PS4 owners who don't also have an Xbox One, which would obviously be the vast majority.

sam777

In terms of retail in the UK it sold less than FH2. Digital is anyone's guess without official numbers from Sony or Microsoft.

Even if that would be true - why is that surprising? given 1) there are 2x or more PS4s out there, and 2) this is the first decent driving game on PS4 - pent up demand.

Yeah, they are perfectly plausible figures. Forza games have never been very big sellers.

If there is anything that Destiny and Driveclub (amongst others) show is that reviews have become irrelevant. Which is not surprising at all if you read some of pretentious nonsense that is being written.

I guess the lower price in the EU did help DriveClub though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom