• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra is Now Available for Digital Preorder on Xbox One ($14.99)

Toa TAK

Banned
They greatly suffered by Bryan and Mike not knowing there were going to be more seasons, so both feel really weird. Season 3 is the first one where they got to go "We have more than fourteen episodes, so let's do cool things and foreshadow coming events and characters."

But I don't really want to get in to a Korra quality discussion because it never turns out well.
Book 2's finale is amazing!

Auctopus

So that'll probably be £11.99 on the UK PSN store. That's pretty cheap, I know it's a short game and all but if it has Platnum's production value then it's a great deal.

Between this and inFamous First Light its been a good year for women in action games. I just wish that they were both mainstream physical AAA releases.

Mesoian

They greatly suffered by Bryan and Mike not knowing there were going to be more seasons, so both feel really weird. Season 3 is the first one where they got to go "We have more than fourteen episodes, so let's do cool things and foreshadow coming events and characters."

But I don't really want to get in to a Korra quality discussion because it never turns out well.

I mean hey, Season 3 was great, Season 4 thus far has been great, I'm hoping this game will be great, Yeah man.

But being where we are now...you can do that thing I said before.

ArjanN

I have no idea what this show is about

But it's platinum so fuck it, i'll buy two

It's the sequel show to Avatar the last airbender, it's basically an American take on a shounen anime like DBZ/Naruto/Bleach etc except with better animation.

"People having anime fights with elemental powers" is pretty much all you'll need to know, probably.

I think Platinum did a really great job with Revengeance, in staying really close to the MGS lore while avoiding the trap of getting dragged down by how much convoluted nonsense that lore has become.

LilZippa

If I were you, I'd just watch the season finale of 2 and skip right to 3.

Because seriously FUCK season 1 and 2.

Telling someone to skip the best 2 episodes in all of the Avatar series is upsetting. Watch Beginnings part 1 & 2 before skipping to the finale.

Cheddahz

Banned
Oh cool, might just wait to get it (since Bayonetta 2 is coming out a few days later), but it's still nice to know that it'll only be $15

BVRUAwv.jpg

Ready and waiting.

Mesoian

Telling someone to skip the best 2 episodes in all of the Avatar series is upsetting. Watch Beginnings part 1 & 2 before skipping to the finale.

Okay, yeah, that's fair. Beginnings wasn't bad and does a pretty good job explaining where all the avatar business started from.

Each book had a great finale and was better than the last. Book 2's finale was just so so good.

To each his own

NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW

This will be the first game I ever pre-order digitally. I desperately need my Platinum Boss Fight™ fix.

If there's a boss in the game anywhere near as good as some of the bosses from Bayo or Rising, I'd be satisfied.

Tuck

^I liked Book 2's end. It got pretty crazy and out there at the end, but it was enjoyable. Miles ahead of Book 1's ending.

I think at worst it will be short and unpolished

I doubt it will suck

I'm more worried about the story. Canon material in a videogame? What could go wrong!?

October has been a hell of a month... Horizon 2, Evil Within, this, and Bayonetta 2! At least it's coming before those 60 hour week holidays hit.

Wait people are putting spoiler tags then posting a huge spoilerific gif? Where is the consistency?! I'm not fussed as I've already seen season 2 but that will spoil the surprise for some people.

Anyway back on topic, can't wait to see some better footage of the game, won't pre-order just yet until a few more details are out but loved the series and enjoying season 3 so hopefully the game will deliver and give Korra some more limelight.

DedValve

Banned
Buying this to support Korra and Platinum. My two favorite things. It also looks fun as hell.

Just give Platinum a shot to make their own Avatar set anytime before Aang
KYOSHI

Top Bottom