• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo Nightfall footage and interview (IGN)

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
You can very much tell I am trying to contain a massive jetlag belch in one of those vignettes. I remember it like it was yesterday.

And when it came out, it was cadaverous and horrid, like the last exhalation of a charnel pit.

VinFTW

You can very much tell I am trying to contain a massive jetlag belch in one of those vignettes. I remember it like it was yesterday.

And when it came out, it was cadaverous and horrid, like the last exhalation of a charnel pit.

lmfao.

Anyways, Mike looks like a super passionate dude. I feel like his character is gonna be real good for both the live-action series and the game.

Need some more charismatic, bad-ass characters in Halo.

Pumped.

The interview was kind of awkward but that is probably to be expected with Greg. It looks like they did a good job casting. Kiki Wolfkill is still the best name ever. Nightfall looks very interesting. It has high production value and if it separates itself enough from Halo and tells its own story my wife will probably watch it with me.

Gestault

You sir, have slayed me.

IHaveIce

Banned
You can tell by the looks it is from Ridley Scott. (Meant to be a compliment)

Though I still don't like the fact to introduce once again new characters as main characters instead of using well established Spartans that exist in canon

Wizman23

Banned
Looking forward to this. The Blomkamp short before Halo 3 was amazing as well as Forward Unto Dawn. Hopefully the "janitor" gets a cameo in Nightfall as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MR2rN198zw

NCM/Regal Cinema First Look takes you behind the scenes with Halo franchise director Frank O’Connor, executive producer David Zucker, and actors Mike Colter and Christina Chong of the new live action series “Halo: Nightfall”.
Secure your access to "Halo: Nightfall" debuting November 11, 2014 in Halo: The Master Chief Collection, only on Xbox One.

Executive-produced by Ridley Scott, Scott Free TV President David Zucker, and directed by the award-winning Sergio Mimica-Gezzan ("Battlestar Galactica," "Pillars of the Earth," "Heroes").
Halo: Nightfall is a live action series providing insight into the origin and backstory of legendary manhunter Agent Locke (Mike Colter, “The Good Wife”), a pivotal new character in the Halo universe who will play a key role in Halo 5: Guardians. A strange and treacherous world exposes elite UNSC operatives to a much deeper danger.

Looks great, I can't wait for this. I love the stories set in the Halo universe probably more than the games and find them very interesting.

Just to clear this up though is Nightfall like a movie then or something and not the actual TV series? I thought Nightfall was going to be the TV series or is that something separate?

Duxxy3

Interested to see how we go from the regular soldier to the man in the suit. I've got the feeling it's not just a simple ODST suit.

Will Nightfall be available as a complete experience from the get go, or is it a episodic thing? (if yes, how many episodes are planned?)

TheOddOne

ibyif8rzdUtrvr.gif

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Lekgolo colony?
I always imagined them needing some type of outer shell to keep themselves intact. I never imagined them squirming around like that. D-: I think you're probably right though. I'm glad they're exploring that more -- I always felt it deserved more attention. They're one of the more alien aliens in the series.

What the heck are Lekgolo?
Hunters.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder who's talking to Locke at the end of the footage.

Man, this is the most I've nerded out on Halo fiction in a long time, haha.

The hunters that are in the game?
Yup. Each Hunter is a living colony of worm like creatures (usually contained within a hard outer shell).

Japarican

Banned
There are so many people that don't know what Lekgolo are, now I know...I know that hunters are just a bunch of worms linked together WHAT!?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Not orange though =/
I'm thinking they might be infected by whatever the hell is on that planet. I'm guessing the artifact that the Elite is holding at the end of the footage is linked to that, too.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
There are so many people that don't know what Lekgolo are, now I know...I know that hunters are just a bunch of worms linked together WHAT!?

I am not confirming or denying what the thing you see in the footage is, but I would note that Scarabs are also worm colonies. Look closely at the joints.

Top Bottom