• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mars is an inhabited world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drazgul

GVydAwK.gif

I can't get over how amazing this is.

All hail the Destroyer of Worlds, for he is a vengeful god.

This is what Cosmos 2 would've looked like if it was directed by Kojima.

On a serious note Carl Sagan's Cosmos changed my life. Led me to Atheism (God Delusion completed the transition) and awoke in me a zest for learning. Shame I watched it near the end of my school-life. If I'd have watched it earlier then would've studied Maths, Physics and Biology in 6th form and gone on to Physics or something space-related at university.

KPJZKC

Worst idea ever. Sure, at first a few of them may die. But then advance evolutionary processes of the species will kick in, and as a result they will adapt to the Martian environment. With a lower gravity to earth's the roaches will then start to become massive in size, as the mass would no longer be constrained by the limitations of earth's influence. Though it may take generations, the roaches - alone in the martian environment - will spend centuries in a survival of the fittest/cannibal ecological system where only the smartest, fastest, and largest are able to survive. Eventually, being the dominant organisms, the roaches will begin to learn organizational and language skills, and would use them to cultivate a militaristic society with only one goal - to take back the planet that forcibly removed them.

And that is how the world will end.

The Japanese beat you to it unfortunately...

aaac87e5d8994cb4b325ca8416e323701359578494_full.jpg

forms

What an amazing trip.

Updated: Wow, just checked a couple of his other videos. This is a master at work.

Didn't the size of insects coincide with oxygen levels? I thought Mars has low levels. I guess they could adapt to take in whatever is prevenient (best case scenario right?) And grow. If that happened, then I suppose they could farm themselves for food, as I'm not sure what else they would eat initially.

They would all have to survive first, but they stand a better chance than we do. Aren't water bears the most resilient creatures anyway? According to quite a few things I've read. Here is an animal planet bit on it.

The water bear (tardigrade), the most extreme ani…: http://youtu.be/SUC0_HjNFBs

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Well, despite the Clickbait title that made me think we're doomed to the Great Filter, that was a semi-entertaining YouTube video.

This is what Cosmos 2 would've looked like if it was directed by Kojima.

On a serious note Carl Sagan's Cosmos changed my life. Led me to Atheism (God Delusion completed the transition) and awoke in me a zest for learning. Shame I watched it near the end of my school-life. If I'd have watched it earlier then would've studied Maths, Physics and Biology in 6th form and gone on to Physics or something space-related at university.

I too was in the same position as you although I started reading the God Delusion at a very late stage of my teens (about 5 years ago) when I started questioning my beliefs, as I have always been fascinated by Science since a very young age, but never had the guts to go and learn about it.

After so long contemplating I have started studying Natural Sciences degree and I am so glad I did; it's never too late!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom