• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo looking for Lead Graphic Engineer for Next-Gen Console SoC in Redmond

The Wii U will be over 8 million world wide by the start of 2015, when their next console launches in 2017, the system will probably just barely reach 14 million if it keeps the rate it's going right now.

Nintendo needs to drop the Wii U price downwards of $250 and by next Christmas have some $199 deals with Zelda bundles if they want to get increased sales faster.

Caramello

The Wii U will be over 8 million world wide by the start of 2015, when their next console launches in 2017, the system will probably just barely reach 14 million if it keeps the rate it's going right now.

Nintendo needs to drop the Wii U price downwards of $250 and by next Christmas have some $199 deals with Zelda bundles if they want to get increased sales faster.

They'll be in a position to do that and it will definitely happen next year.

Like how the GameCube continued living through the Wii, I can see the WiiU to continue one way or another.

The GameCube's last released game was Madden '08 in August 2007, only 9 months after the Wii came out sadly. The original Wii still has games being released on it 2 years now after Wii U has been out. I just can't see the Wii U getting anything past 2017 and into 2018 during their next console's first year.

Caramello

I've heard that for almost two years straight. I'll believe it when I see it.

What? Where? YouTube comments section?

They've had excess inventory and haven't been able to cut the price without losing a lot of money. We know that they will need to start producing more Wii U hardware early next year if they haven't started already so they can begin to lower costs and therefore cut the price.

Top Bottom