• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare - A New Era of Multiplayer

I've been meaning to do this for the past week, but quite honestly I'm a bit worried between this and GTA of being able to actually play online at release with the problems PSN has been having lately. Decisions, decisions.

If there's one game that has the capability to bring the PSN to its knees on release night/day, its Call of Duty.

Raven77

Wow really excited for this.

Does anyone know the differences between the last gen and current gen versions of this game? I'm trying to persuade a friend of mine to get the PS4 version instead of the 360 version but I can't find anything that lists any differences.

Nokterian

Well I'd say you'll find significantly less people playing COD on PC than on either consoles. I feel like part of this though in the past was due to the games running like ass on every system because loloptimization, and the fact that competition is a lot more stiff on PC. It's the great effective battle between unlock treadmills and case 'n' crate gambling!

God damn it.

But yeah the closer we get to the launch of COD: AW the closer I get to getting the PS4 version over the PC version. I don't really have a problem just waiting a few days though and letting people pick apart the PC version before I buy it. If the game is good it'll find its way with the PC audience.

I have all ready pre ordered PS4 version. Staying away from PC because i have no faith in a good port only Treyarch can get me back to PC because ghosts was just shit and Blops 2 is still most played on PC then Ghosts anyway. I am still excited to play it.

Calmine

Never heard of any of those YouTube gamers. I am though excited for this game. Ghosts almost killed it for me but seeing this made me realise that Infinity Ward should just stop and leave it to Treyarch and Sledgehammer and just become the co-devs.

Never heard of any of those YouTube gamers.

Neither have I. All things considered though, while this commercial obviously isn't the venue for them to be completely honest, if I could sit and have drinks with these dudes and talk legit about AW, their's is the opinions I'd like to hear. These kids probably play a LOT of CoD.

RyudBoy

Looks really good, indeed. I was gonna wait to get this sometime later since Halo is coming out 1 week later, but now that I have zero interest in getting Sunset Overdrive, I'm gonna get this instead.

I really dont know what to do. Im not a huge cod fan, but it is a good time killer and is fun with friends. I normally buy it after Christmas for 45 bucks. Cod holds value well so i usually manage to resell it a few months after for about 40. But, if i were to buy it, id go digital to get it on the ps4 and ps3. I still have a bunch of friends who havent made the jump yet. But then i cant sell it... :-/

kuYuri

A bunch of Youtube stars talking about the game doesn't speak to me at all, but having played hundreds of hours of Ghosts, Black Ops, and Modern Warfare, I already know I want the game. Just prefer to play it on the new consoles this time rather than last gen.

Still, I'm sure the last gen versions will be fine and the digital upgrade is a nice incentive for those people who want it.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I couldn't care less what a bunch of shills have to say, but I pre-ordered it because it looks good to me.

Chabbles

"A New Era of Multiplayer" looks like last era everything, but now with boost jump.. It would be nice if they could reproduce the magic again.. genuine dedicated servers would be a nice start to usher in a new era of Cod multiplayer.

Lunar15

Every time I see an Advanced Warfare thread, I just keep seeing Advance Wars for some reason, and it makes me really sad.

Ambient80

Yes. It's got a 1TB drive in it, comes with a great looking controller, and the console itself is a design that I like. Selling the game will recoup 50-55 dollars.

I haven't looked into it but if you are planning to sell the game make sure it's not a digital copy linked to the console or something. I'm sure you've already looked into that possibility but just in case... Would be unfortunate if you were planning on selling it and could not.

I don't trust these sorts of adverts for obvious reasons but I'm hyped.

I haven't given Activision my money for a Call of Duty game since 2010, my brother hadn't stopped gifting me them though so I've seen where the series has gone and... It wasn't nice. Ghosts was absolutely atrocious but this looks like the most fun Call of Duty since Modern Warfare 2.

I've also had quite a bit of cash to spend since I've been given a raise and have pushed certain purchases off to Black Friday so I bit on a Collector's Edition for PS4 and a normal "Day Zero" copy for 360 to play with my little bro back home over Live. Should be a blast.

I still won't play it for three months after The Master Chief Collection comes out.

Springy

Last year was a double whammy of shit for my shootin' dudes fix when both BF4 and Ghosts did bellyflops. I'm okay if AW sucks because the Master Chief will be there to catch me the week after.

please be gud

Also, is it the same people who come into these threads and say that this year is the first year since [BLANK] you may actually buy a CoD, or do you tag each other in every few years?

Also, is it the same people who come into these threads and say that this year is the first year since [BLANK] you may actually buy a CoD, or do you tag each other in every few years?

If you were referring to me (since I said that and posted directly above you) I haven't even been on GAF for a full year (posting anyways, I've lurked for 2) so.... No, that isn't really how it happens.

Springy

If you were referring to me (since I said that and posted directly above you) I haven't even been on GAF for a full year (posting anyways, I've lurked for 2) so.... No, that isn't really how it happens.

Wasn't directed at you at all, especially as you pointed out you'd played the last few entries, just not bought them yourself. There is just a pattern to these threads along that line I mentioned. It's not bad, just a little amusing.

HowZatOZ

Banned
As I've said previously I'm keen to check this one out, last CoD I played was original Black Ops. They seem to be doing some truly new things, even if it is just a mix of Crysis with CoD.

hmm ... time to update this?
egl7Z.jpg

I'll wait and see

seabass0

The last CoD game I played was CoD4:Modern Warfare. I really did enjoy it, but the annual repackaging drove me away.

I have to admit...this does look pretty fun. I'm more interested in this CoD than I have been for any other in the last 6 years. Should I venture back in?

What's the hype level of this title with the mainstream?

It seems to me kind of quiet, as if the age of COD is finally over. But that might be because I'm isolated from the COD fandom and none of my friends that played it care anymore.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I bet half the reason they don't go back to WW2 is because of how popular the multiplayer aspect is.

Modern Warfare set a very high standard and now its experimenting with the genre. I just think this title is going to need a good plot to it. I mean more than a mocapped celebrity.

It's the most polarizing franchise I've seen in a while. It's certainly the best of the war games out there, but it certainly is polarizing.

You wonder if CoD has gotten to a point where the developers just said, "Okay, bring in the next generation of gamers. Cya guys!" just because they know they can hit a target market with CoD? It feels that way sometimes, then others I think they're doing a fine job getting it out there.

This one has me interested that is for sure, I hope the interest translates to some great enjoyment. Last one I invested in was Black Ops 2, which I really enjoyed. See you guys on Day Zero I suppose.

EDIT

Not mp related but I hope since HGW is back for the soundtrack he brings his COD4 theme back.
futuristic version of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9XdMnsKvUs

Holy shit, I did not realize he was doing the music!

We still have yet to see any Search and Destroy footage. I have a feeling that it will be ruined with all the exosuit abilities. It sucks because that's my favorite mode. Other than that I hope it turns out great and I actually pre-ordered it recently.

FASTFASTFASTFASTFAST.

Spare me. CoD's obsession with speed is an enormous turn-off for me nowadays. 3-5 years ago, sure, I could play these games, but now? I just don't have the brain for it.

Top Bottom