• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare - A New Era of Multiplayer

Tokubetsu

So my pre-load has been stuck at 52% for over an hour now (xbone). Are servers getting hammered or something? I tried a hard reset already.

Euron

I wish we still had OTs before launch...I like consolidated hype and info. I am super tempted to buy this game, but with Sunset, Destiny and MCC coming out I'll be swamped. How are the maps looking so far? Good snow maps? Are there more small maps?
I need to know about the snow maps, those are always my favorite. I saw one in a trailer so we know that there is at least one in the game. The maps are what will make or break the multiplayer for me though. You can have countless unlockables and customization options but if the level design isn't good, then the game isn't pleasant to play.

I need to know about the snow maps, those are always my favorite. I saw one in a trailer so we know that there is at least one in the game. The maps are what will make or break the multiplayer for me though. You can have countless unlockables and customization options but if the level design isn't good, then the game isn't pleasant to play.

Agreed on all accounts. Snow maps are also always my favorite and you can throw in any weapon or ability at me, if the maps suck, the MP will suck.

So far the 7 or so maps that I've seen have looked pretty great, but it's hard to tell until you actually get to play for yourself. I really hope they're good. Ghosts was such a let down.

Hip Hop

Search up Bio Lab gameplay. That map is the snow one and has been featured many times on previews. You can get a pretty good feel for it.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
So my pre-load has been stuck at 52% for over an hour now (xbone). Are servers getting hammered or something? I tried a hard reset already.

Do you have a game running in the background? I don't own an XB1 at the moment. Maybe there's an application or possibly you've paused the download. I'd also check to see if your connection is running as well.

Hmmm can't decide if I want to go digital or disc. Half of me wants the disc just in case the network performance blows like BO2... Other half wants to keep my collection digital.

Tokubetsu

Do you have a game running in the background? I don't own an XB1 at the moment. Maybe there's an application or possibly you've paused the download. I'd also check to see if your connection is running as well.

No apps running, tested network connection said it was fine, nat open. Power on and off. Hard reset. Hmm.

Your Amazon.com order of Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Atlas Pro Edition for PS4 and Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Day Zero Edition for Xbox 360 has shipped.

rs_355x210-140404140948-tumblr_moohomos111ql0k28o1_400.gif

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
No apps running, tested network connection said it was fine, nat open. Power on and off. Hard reset. Hmm.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Here is a list of steps for you guys to try. If this does not work, please post back so we can investigate the issue further.

First, from the Dashboard, navigate to My games & apps and then select Queue.
Select Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and press the Menu button.
Select cancel to cancel the download.
Next, to ensure that your are not experiencing any connection issues, let's test your network connection.
From the Dashboard, press the Menu on your Xbox One controller and then select Settings.
Select Test Network Connection under the Troubleshooting Icon.
If you receive a connection error, follow the steps in our Xbox One Network Connection Error Solution page for further troubleshooting.
If you do not receive an error, navigate to Settings again and select Disc & Blu-ray.
Under Blu-ray, scroll down to Persistent storage and then select Clear persistent storage.
Once you have cleared the persistent storage, press and hold the power button on your Xbox One console for 10 seconds.
Once your console is powered off, unplug the power cord.
Wait 5 minutes and then plug in your console.
Power on your console and navigate to the My games & apps tile.
Scroll to the right and select Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare under the Ready to install section.
Keep an eye on the installation to see if you are continuing to see a drop in the installation percentage.

I found this on a XB support forum.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4271/p/1846654/5008325.aspx

The Beard

Didn't Xbone preloads open up like a couple weeks ago ? A little weird that servers would be getting slammed right now. PSN only gave PS4 owners 3 days to preload and yes, PSN servers are crying right now.

Tokubetsu

Didn't Xbone preloads open up like a couple weeks ago ? A little weird that servers would be getting slammed right now. PSN only gave PS4 owners 3 days to preload and yes, PSN servers are crying right now.

It's moving again now but at a snails pace (I'm up to 60%) and nowhere near what my connection is capable of. Not a big deal but strange. Never had this problem before (I preloaded Destiny and Forza Horizon 2 no problems).

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
It's moving again now but at a snails pace (I'm up to 60%) and nowhere near what my connection is capable of. Not a big deal but strange. Never had this problem before (I preloaded Destiny and Forza Horizon 2 no problems).

You might be in a large queue possibly.

the unfair behaviour of someone who moves nearer to the front of a queue than other people who have been waiting longer
http://www.macmillandictionary.com/us/thesaurus-category/british/To-wait-in-a-queue

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Just a warning. The series is pretty much dead on PC. In a couple weeks I'm betting some playlists will be hard to get a game on.
The last few ports have sucked eggs. It's not like PC gamers don't like military shooters. Counter Strike is massively popular, and even BF4 is doing moderately well.

So you all got advanced arsenal and digital customization pack dlc ?

My preload is finished and I only have the main game but no addons : (

There is nothing under releated items or addons beside season pass and destiny shaders.

I bought day zero edition for 60$ on US psn store (ps4 ver.).

I feel like I had something similar happen with titanfall, where he download basicay just stopped. I switched from either wifi, to Ethernet to finish the download, or Ethernet to wifi to finish the download. I can't remember which. But it worked, and the download finished.

nOoblet16

To be fair, the guys behind this game were doing the futuristic thing before Black Ops II existed. The way I see it, they've brought that aesthetic to COD now.

As for the zombies, who knows. Give the people what they want I guess. Most people don't care about who the developer is.
BO2 didn't started existing out of nothing the year of release you know.
This game has been worked on for three years ie. since MW3's release, Black Ops 2 started development before that which would be soon after the release of Black Ops 1.

Or are you just talking about Dead Space?

Calmine

UK people any who ordered from Tesco Direct got theirs despatched? Mine just preparing to dispatch. I'm hoping to get tomrrow :p

Calmine

I'm with you. If I get this game late (like I have with a few other games) I am not re-subbing to Prime.

I gave up on Amazon for pre orders. Never had it arrive on day of release even when promised. Used Shoptoo for a while but their prices hiked up so now I'm just going with whatevers cheapest.

The Game Collection have been really qood. Got Shadow of Mordor from them on Tuesday before Friday release.

J4g3r

I gave up on Amazon for pre orders. Never had it arrive on day of release even when promised. Used Shoptoo for a while but their prices hiked up so now I'm just going with whatevers cheapest.

The Game Collection have been really qood. Got Shadow of Mordor from them on Tuesday before Friday release.

Amazon have been pretty good with me in the past, must be a location thing.

Top Bottom