• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's creed Unity PC version System requirements

Elios83

As soon as actual next gen games and not cross gen titles are made and released, there will be a steep increase in PC hardware requirements.
It happens every generation, PC hardware needs to much more powerful than what it is inside consoles to run the same game because games can't be truly optimized or coded on the metal, there's a lot of overhead, this gen will be no different, it's just that cross gen games delayed the process.
So no I'm not surprised.

Those are some heavy ass requirements. Jesus.

A minimum Geforce 680 or Radeon 7970. Minimum.

Yup I have everything
Everything

On low to play Shadow of Morder @ 1080p with my current PC. Will be upgrading to a new GPU and can't go any lower then 3GB of Ram on the GPU. 6 would be ideal

Jedi2016

Sweet lord. So this is the price of 60fps in ACU, huh? I think this is the first time in recent memory that I've barely squeaked by with the minimum (2600K, 16GB RAM, GTX-680). I'll never know how it performs, though, since I'm not picking it up in any event.

Xdrive05

The recommended GPU is only like 25% faster than the minimum. Wtf.

This is going to run like dogshit on everything isn't it.

Ubisoft doing what they do. And the game will still run like shit on great computers for weeks(months) after release.

As soon as actual next gen games and not cross gen titles are made and released, there will be a steep increase in PC hardware requirements.
It happens every generation, PC hardware needs to much more powerful than what it is inside consoles to run the same game because games can't be truly optimized or coded on the metal, there's a lot of overhead, this gen will be no different, it's just that cross gen games delayed the process.
So no I'm not surprised.

Weird how other developers/publishers sometimes don't run into this problem. Almost as if Ubisoft is just terrible at optimizing games.

Using a Ubisoft game as any kind of metric for PC gaming as a whole is nonsensical. For every unoptimized Ubisoft game, there are multiple ones that look better and have lower requirements.

How much longer till Titans and AMD 295x2's become the recommended requirements for PC ports.

We're going to need titans to even play 2D sidescrollers soon! The humanity. PC gaming is dead

Leb

This is pretty much the final nail in the PC gaming coffin, I'm afraid. Given how accurate system requirements have been this generation, and taking into account MS's well established and clearly outlined parity policies, we can conclude that it will take almost 800 dollars worth of hardware (for the CPU and GPU alone!) to run this game at 900p/30 fps.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Well, shit. AC3 ran decent with my 660. I don't want to upgrade so soon. :(

just got this PC last year.

That's what I have and I can run Alien Isolation on Ultra settings 1900x1200. This is ridiculous. I wonder if it's just something that you can bypass. Normally it is. I tested it out tonight and it ran fine.

Alien Isolation
MINIMUM:
Processor: 3.16Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo E8500
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: 1GB (AMD Radeon HD 5550 or Nvidia GeForce GT 430)
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 35 GB available space

NVM

ICPEE

This is pretty much the final nail in the PC gaming coffin, I'm afraid. Given how accurate system requirements have been this generation, and taking into account MS's well established and clearly outlined parity policies, we can conclude that it will take almost 800 dollars worth of hardware (for the CPU and GPU alone!) to run this game at 900p/30 fps.
How much longer till Titans and AMD 295x2's become the recommended requirements for PC ports.

catmario

Um that is the least ridiculous part of this, did you see the GPU reqs?

Yes. I don't want to believe this, but It's true.

- 그래픽카드: NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 680 또는 AMD Radeon HD 7970 (그래픽 메모리 2GB 이상)
(NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 780 또는 AMD Radeon R9 290X (그래픽 메모리 3 GB 이상) 이상을 권장)

or.... Are GTX 680 and HD 7970 cannot run 32 bit OSes? I don't know about that. :(

The Cowboy

Its like someone said "should we optimize the game on PC?" and someone higher up said "nah, just up the hardware requirements until it works". Those minimums are insane, the equivalent visuals of the PS4 version (heck even the Xbox one version) shouldn't require specs like that, let alone the minimum settings.

maneil99

So basically, a 770 GTX is the minimum and a 780 is the recommended. Theres like a 20% gap between the two...

Sir TapTap

Too bad we're "retiring" the term "bad PC port" because my better-than-PS4 GPU apparently can't run this annual sequel.

This has got to be a fuck up, right? A...very consistent fuckup.

Squishy3

Can't wait for it to run terribly on cards that meet the requirements. Or run great on cards that are below the requirements with Evil Within and Shadow of Mordor overshooting their system requirements.

Expecting it to not run well because... well, it's an Ubisoft PC port. Has this gotten the mandatory Ubisoft Assassin's Creed PC release delay yet too?

That is one narrow gap between minimum and recommended GPU specs. Minimum, you need a GPU twice as powerful as what is found in the consoles. Good lord, this is going to be something.

This has got to be a fuck up, right? A...very consistent fuckup.

If the game doesn't even run that well on XBO and PS4 (900p, 30fps with frame drops), then you run that by the usual Ubisoft PC porting algorithm, it seems to be just about what we should have expected!

But wait for benches regardless.

Haunted

First time this generation my rig is below the minimum requirements.

I mean, I did predict this happening (badly optimised PC ports demanding incredibly powerful hardware compared to what's happening on consoles), but it's still sad to see.

samn

So I spent £700 on a new PC this summer specifically for next-gen games like AC:U and it doesn't even meet the minimum requirements.

Fuck this shit, I'm getting a Wii U.

Top Bottom