• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game has the most obnoxiously loud logo/startup sounds?

BosSin

Everyone has probably experienced this at some point. You are really into a game, but every time you start it some ridiculously loud sound is blasted into your ears immediately, making you breifly regret firing it up.

My vote goes for The Darkness 2. This game has had multiple attempts at shattering my ear drums.

StayDead

Worms Revolution, purely because a lot of other PC games it doesn't load your sound config until you get past the splash screen for some dumb reason.

Lowenbrau

Neo Member
Final Fantasy 11 POL music did get annoying. But when I hear it now its pure romantic nostalgia

Link

Edit: Not because the music was bad but because I heard it for 8 hours.

simtmb

1942: Joint Strike (PS3/360)
I don't recall if it's the startup sound, but the menu transitions with each selection...my god...

Omega

Banned
SF on PC.

and it's not even the startup, the game itself is loud as fuck. I have everything set to one bar and it sounds like I have it on max.

but compared to the startup screens its mute.

Hahs

Grand Theft Auto Five

I play really loud, but I usually have to turn my volume down when that loads up.

Camjo-Z

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection has the most obnoxious intro music ever, and it can't be skipped. Every time I play it I sit down to relax and then dash for the volume control as I remember the aural assault about to be perpetrated upon my ears.

Also, woe betide anyone who doesn't immediately press X when playing Quantum Conundrum on PS3.

THEN I FLIP A SWITCH

_woLf

I always felt that the Team Ninja intro audio balance was always way off. It either was insanely loud compared to the actual game, or super quiet.

Mafro

Dante smashing through the glass before the start screen in Devil May Cry 1 gave my friend the fright of his life.

Ateron

Demon Souls always seemed a bit too loud in the title screen. That crescendo sound gets on my nerves and then pressing start tops it

ScOULaris

Street Fighter IV's video/music that auto plays when you hover over its icon on the PS3. It's so loud that it still pisses me off to this very day when it explodes out from my TV, threatening to damage its internal speakers.

Rayman Legends on WiiU. The splash screen is about 10x louder than anything in the OS or the rest of the game itself. Like, what the hell!?

Yort

I'm struggling to come up with a game, but I always noticed the Wii was a lot louder than other game consoles, the DVD player or satellite receiver at equivalent volume settings. So every game I started up was loud.

Shadow of the Colossus on the XMB scares me every time I have it highlighted.

I'm struggling to come up with a game, but I always noticed the Wii was a lot louder than other game consoles, the DVD player or satellite receiver at equivalent volume settings. So every game I started up was loud.

God this too! My sound system us usually set at 15ish for my PS3/360/XB1 but for whatever reason when I would use the Wii it needed to be no higher than 4. Would scare the shit of me everytime I forgot to turn it down.

Tadaima

I've always found Mario games to be loud and obnoxious on occasions.

SUPER MARIO SUNSHINE, WAHOO!

MARIO KAARTT 8!

etc.

Top Bottom