• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Lucifon
(10-26-2014, 12:06 PM)
So I'm sat on a local newspaper website when I get a full screen ad for Sunset Overdrive. I was about to hit close when I noticed the ad said exclusively on "Xbox One & PC".

Did someone at MS screw up? Surely these ads are pre-approved.

Edit - Direct link to ad:

Originally Posted by Pungza

http://ds.serving-sys.com/BurstingRe...ede991995a.swf

Edit 2 - Apparently a mistake...

Originally Posted by ChosenPredator

Last edited by Lucifon; 10-26-2014 at 09:46 PM.
MadD4mon
(10-26-2014, 12:07 PM)
Interesting. Didn't they say that the game won't come out on PC at some point? Can't remember exactly.
Seanspeed
Banned
(10-26-2014, 12:08 PM)
Its a mistake.

Please don't be a mistake
Hoo-doo
(10-26-2014, 12:08 PM)
Cool, might actually get to play it then if it turns out good.
redblack85
(10-26-2014, 12:09 PM)
Wow,i can get on my PC!
Rapstah
(10-26-2014, 12:10 PM)
That's cool if true. I'd buy it on PC.

But it feels like a mistake. It's not "on PC" right now. Why would you say that in an ad?
Principate
Saint Titanfall
(10-26-2014, 12:11 PM)
I'd say it's a mistake though insomniac does own the IP.
MavFan619
White PC bundle and I'm in there. But seriously doesn't seem likely or at least not yet?
Danielsan
I'll gladly check it out on Steam. Also would be a good move for Insomniac.
Bboy AJ
My parents were murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Hope it's true. The more games on pc, the better.
CaptainTiptop
Edit: Read Seanspeed's post wrong.

If this is true, what Xbox exclusives aren't on PC? Forza?
Last edited by CaptainTiptop; 10-26-2014 at 12:14 PM.
Nzyme32
Probably a mistake. Probably not a mistake.

As the only Xbox One title I'm interested in, and the knowledge that it is very likely I will never pick one up - if it hits PC and isn't a mess, I'd buy it.
Grindlefly
This has to be an error. Sunset Overdrive surely will attract new console owners and putting it on pc will just stop that won't it? Microsoft need to hold on to their exclusives. I'm tempted by this but would just hold on for pc version if true
Radec
(10-26-2014, 12:12 PM)
heh.. Time to buy this next year then.
GeoNeo
I disagree.
Maybe the PC modding community can mod it so the gameplay looks less boring.

Jokes aside I don't see this coming to the PC.
Saintguine
Probably a mistake, publishers make mistake with platforms all the time.
Hip Hop

Originally Posted by Rapstah

That's cool if true. I'd buy it on PC.

But it feels like a mistake. It's not "on PC" right now. Why would you say that in an ad?

Because it will be one day?
Well, maybe.

The ad just got released early by mistake probably.
ekim
That ad does imply it will come out on PC soon but it wasn't announced for that platform. I think it's a mistake. Probably some kind of template/premade asset that was used here from another ad (DR3, Ryse)
Ahzrei
Banned
Microsoft hates PC way too much for this to be true.

My hat is looking mighty tasty though.
Moobabe
Sassy with Monet
(10-26-2014, 12:13 PM)

Originally Posted by Grindlefly

This has to be an error. Sunset Overdrive surely will attract new console owners and putting it on pc will just stop that won't it? Microsoft need to hold on to their exclusives. I'm tempted by this but would just hold on for pc version if true

I'm not sure SO will have that much pull with prospective owners will it? I mean, it looks ok?
Sarquiss_

Originally Posted by GeoNeo

Big_Al
I'm sure it's an error in that if it is coming to PC it won't be right now, maybe in a year or so. But definitely not in the run up to xmas when MS are trying to sell consoles.
Stop It
Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
12 month exclusive perhaps?

I'm not expecting this to head to PC, but then I didn't expect Ryse to hit PC either.
Tommy DJ
(10-26-2014, 12:14 PM)

Originally Posted by Ahzrei

Microsoft hates PC way too much for this to be true.

My hat is looking mighty tasty though.

Well you do know that former Xbox One exclusives Dead Rising 3 and Ryse ended up on PC eventually so who knows what the fuck is going on.
abracadaver
After Dead Rising 3 and Ryse it wouldn't surprise me
CassidyIzABeast
Hopefully this never comes to PC.
ZeroX03
Fucking day one if true.

MS if you let Scalebound go to PC too I'll never buy your system lol
Theecliff
MS:
Principate
Saint Titanfall

Originally Posted by Moobabe

I'm not sure SO will have that much pull with prospective owners will it? I mean, it looks ok?

It's one of the few so far completely XB1 exclusive titles and they even used it as the white XB1 bundle game.
Auto-Reply
(10-26-2014, 12:15 PM)
When was the last time Insomniac put something out on pc? ... I hope it's true but I don't believe it yet!
Nemmy
(10-26-2014, 12:15 PM)
I'd gladly check it out if this turned out to be true, it looks interesting but not interesting enough to sell me an Xbox One.

After Ryse getting a port, who knows?

Originally Posted by ZeroX03

MS if you let Scalebound go to PC too I'll never buy your system lol

This, lol. It's probably their only chance to sell me an XO.
MavFan619
(10-26-2014, 12:16 PM)

Originally Posted by CassidyIzABeast

I don't even own a gaming capable pc yet for this to affect me but why wouldn't you want it on PC?
Glass Rebel
Insomniac owns the IP so I wouldn't be surprised. Not holding my breath but I think it might be similar to the Alan Wake situation.

Why?
Corpekata

Originally Posted by Auto-Reply

When was the last time Insomniac put something out on pc? ... I hope it's true but I don't believe it yet!

Spending 80 percent of your career working on IP owned by Sony will probably not lead to many PC releases.

They're currently making a PC game called Slow Down Bull.
Hindle
Banned
(10-26-2014, 12:17 PM)
If it is PC bound, we won't see that port until 8 or 9 months after the X1 version has launched. It's what happened with DR.
fantomena
Banned

Originally Posted by Auto-Reply

Outernauts (Facebook, Kongregate, iOS), according to Wiki.
pa22word
Only reason I have zero plans to buy this game at the moment. Love insomniac, bit after getting boned (pun very much intended) on both ryse and dr3 I can't find it in me to put money down on an x1 game knowing that in around a year I can get a vastly superior pcv with all the dlc for a cheaper price.
-MD-

Quite the task but I'm sure someone's up for it.
Nzyme32

Originally Posted by Grindlefly

There is no evidence to support that, but in the end, does it even matter? Microsoft still benefit via either platform. Moreover, it may simply be a poor business decision to keep it on the console alone considering the install base.

Regardless, it is highly unlikely that they would want this to be known so soon. Then again, maybe not. Microsoft have interesting new directions with a fair few of their products
nbnt
is responsible for the well-being of this island.
(10-26-2014, 12:18 PM)
This is most likely just a mistake.

But it wouldn't be a surprise if it does show up on PC 8-12 months later, MS doesn't own the IP.
CassidyIzABeast
(10-26-2014, 12:19 PM)

Originally Posted by MavFan619

I don't even own a gaming capable pc yet for this to affect me but why wouldn't you want it on PC?

Played DR3 and ryse on PC so if there's a PC version of this I'd just end up waiting to play it there. I need a reason to use my XB1's disc drive.
Radec
(10-26-2014, 12:20 PM)

can't hide the inner fanboy in you don't ya?

gotta have that xb1 exclusive huh. that's the only reason I can think that you wouldn't want more people to play this game.

Originally Posted by GuiltyBystander

LOL.

I do think there is a big chance it will come to the PC though. Didn't Insomniac say that it was crucial for them to own the rights to the IP when they make "exclusive" deals? I think this will be something like Ryse and Dead Rising 3.

I think the exclusive deal is, just don't release it on Playstation consoles.
Last edited by Radec; 10-26-2014 at 12:22 PM.
GuiltyBystander
Banned
(10-26-2014, 12:20 PM)

Jokes aside I don't see this coming to the PC.

LOL.

I do think there is a big chance it will come to the PC though. Didn't Insomniac say that it was crucial for them to own the rights to the IP when they make "exclusive" deals? I think this will be something like Ryse and Dead Rising 3.
Glorified G
(10-26-2014, 12:21 PM)

Originally Posted by Big_Al

I'm sure it's an error in that if it is coming to PC it won't be right now, maybe in a year or so. But definitely not in the run up to xmas when MS are trying to sell consoles.

I don't get this. PC and consoles have two different audiences. Who was planning on spending $400 on an Xbox One just to play SO but won't now because the game might come out PC this holiday?

The people who own a high end PC are niche. The people who plan on owning a high end PC and an Xbox One are the niche of the niche.

Originally Posted by MavFan619

Originally Posted by Glass Rebel

Why?

Pretty easy to figure out why.
Grindlefly
(10-26-2014, 12:21 PM)

Originally Posted by Moobabe

It looks fun, but I mean more that if it's only available on one platform that increases the strength of that platform. If true then I would be thinking it more likely that most ms exclusives will hit pc at some point, lowering the incentive to get an x1
Nzyme32
(10-26-2014, 12:22 PM)

I don't think I'll ever quite grasp these comments. Why would it be bad for you if this happens eventually?

The only reason for such complaints for me, is if the game itself is effected negatively in some way - poorer scope / scale, compromises, rushed out etc. I don't think any of these would be the case if it were true anyway.
timlot

Originally Posted by Lucifon

So I'm sat on a local newspaper website when I get a full screen ad for Sunset Overdrive. I was about to hit close when I noticed the ad said exclusively on "Xbox One & PC".

Did someone at MS screw up? Surely these ads are pre-approved.

May I ask for a link to your local paper website? That " Xbox one and PC" is seems strange.
Ahzrei
Banned

Originally Posted by Tommy DJ

Well you do know that former Xbox One exclusives Dead Rising 3 and Ryse ended up on PC eventually so who knows what the fuck is going on.

True... Maybe there is hope.

I'd rather have Scalebound personally- but MS being more open towards PC is only a good thing, imho.
pa22word

Played DR3 and ryse on PC so if there's a PC version of this I'd just end up waiting to play it there. I need a reason to use my XB1's disc drive.

So, basically "List Warz(tm)"?

Other people shouldn't have to suffer just because you wasted money on an xbone dude :/
BasilZero
(10-26-2014, 12:24 PM)
That would be great if its true! But I'm sure they'll try to tie it down to the Windows store somewhat for Windows 10 lol