• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Share Play thread | Share playable PS4 game streams to your friends

Tried a session with wapplew, couldn't get it to work because our internet speeds too slow it says. =(

I'll need to try again later. 10mb/5mb down/up should've been sufficient.

wapplew

Tried a session with wapplew, couldn't get it to work because our internet speeds too slow it says. =(

I'll need to try again later. 10mb/5mb down/up should've been sufficient.

Maybe is the psn thing, I can't get connection to driveclub after update, which usually not that case.
Also,forgot I'm downloading things on my pc, lol

Let's try again sometimes tomorrow, I move my PS4 to my workshop, wire connect it, 8mb streamyx should be enough.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
This is going to be great for OTs that are a little less mainstream than the usual, and you have people curious about the game but not completely sold.

The Golf Club would be a good example for me - I'm just not convinced the swing mechanism will be something that I'll enjoy, and no demo means I'm not buying even though I love golf games. But shareplay means a kindly soul in the OT could help out and let me play for a while, either leaving me to it for an hour or answering questions etc about the game.

Btw, I tested it on a 38/5 Mbps (down/up) VDSL2 connection and it works just fine.

If you have an ADSL connection (sub-1 Mbps upload) just like my friend, then you're out of luck. He tried both Standard and High quality, but he could never become the host.

He has 2 PS4s on his LAN though and in that case, it works just fine. :) p2p is wonderful when you have ample of bandwidth/low latency!

Used injustice with shareplay. I was the one getting streamed to. While not ideal the conection was good enouch gor me to actually get some wins! This feature is anazing.

Anyone want to play the PESDemo against me??

PSN: DoubleDeazy2

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Anyone in the UK with Virgin media able to do this?

I feel that they will find a way to fuck this up.

They are supposed to be "Sony's UK ISP Partner".

"bits of the pipe are left open to gamers".

"make this the best entertainment experience for gamers across the country".

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-20-virgin-media-is-sonys-playstation-4-uk-isp-partner

not sure what that was all about to be honest. as a virgin media customer...i've never had a problem with speeds on my PS4.

Gurish

Can I play my single player game while my friend watch me and than taking turns and let him play while i watch him?

In other words can we finish a single player game together taking turns without anyone missing story line and gameplay?

that could be incredible.

LAM09

Used injustice with shareplay. I was the one getting streamed to. While not ideal the conection was good enouch gor me to actually get some wins! This feature is anazing.

Anyone want to play the PESDemo against me??

I would be up for it, but the PES demo didn't work for me. I would be happy to give it another shot though. The Winning Eleven demo might work.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I'd love to try Alien Isolation and Evil Within from an EU gaffer!
Even 30 minutes to get the feeling of the game would be cool

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Can I play my single player game while my friend watch me and than taking turns and let him play while i watch him?

In other words can we finish a single player game together taking turns without anyone missing story line and gameplay?

that could be incredible.
No reason why that wouldn't work! But every hour you'd have to start a new share play session due to the time limit.

plainr_

Btw, I tested it on a 38/5 Mbps (down/up) VDSL2 connection and it works just fine.

If you have an ADSL connection (sub-1 Mbps upload) just like my friend, then you're out of luck. He tried both Standard and High quality, but he could never become the host.

He has 2 PS4s on his LAN though and in that case, it works just fine. :) p2p is wonderful when you have ample of bandwidth/low latency!

Wait a minute, Share Play works between 2 PS4's within a LAN network? Megaton for me if so.

J 0 E

Great job OP , you have to add that Share Play is Region Locked so if my account is US I can't invite my friend with his EU account to play my games, I need more confirmation on this too > happened to me today with Fifa 15

MisterM

Anyone in the UK with Virgin media able to do this?

I feel that they will find a way to fuck this up.

I'm in the UK with VM. I've streamed using the PS4 without issue (and stream from the PC fine), Internet remote play using a Vita was awful though.

I will test Share Play when not at work ;)

acklame

Can this work for local (not online) co-op games where two players are local and one is doing shareplay with a third person?

Great job OP , you have to add that Share Play is Region Locked so if my account is US I can't invite my friend with his EU account to play my games, I need more confirmation on this too > happened to me today with Fifa 15

Aww shit you may be right. I just tried to connect with someone out in EU and no dice. But were about to test and see if its the actual game region affecting it.

Videogamer were streaming Lords of the fallen and is letting people take control to fight a boss via shareplay. The viewer defeated the boss!

I'm in the UK with VM. I've streamed using the PS4 without issue (and stream from the PC fine), Internet remote play using a Vita was awful though.

I will test Share Play when not at work ;)

Yeah its weird. Never had a problem with PC streaming and PS4 streaming to to twitch is "servicable" but VM hates you and your Vita.

ExoSoul

Banned
I feel like I'm scamming people if I invite them to share play TowerFall cause you need a shitload of matches for that game and it won't count for their trophy =/
same with Sports Friends

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Videogamer were streaming Lords of the fallen and is letting people take control to fight a boss via shareplay. The viewer defeated the boss!

Yeah I got to play for a little bit on the stream...it worked well! Definitely not a second of delay, but the controls felt "heavy" in a sense, dunno if that was the game or lag. Probably both? Sadly I lost connection about two minutes in.

Spy

I have a lot of PS4 games, if you want to try something out add me on PSN.

I want to see if I'm able to host a decent game.

DieH@rd

Banned

I'm from eastern EU, and I today played Diablo3 that was hosted by gaffer from Canada. There are several other reports in this thread of games that did not have region restriction.

Maybe some games do have it, maybe its PSN dying, we shall see...

LuuKyK

This is such an incredible feature. It really gives you the feeling of a new generation. I hope it becomes a trend in the industry.

Alpende

I can see the potential in this, wasn't that interested in it at first but now I am. Trying out a game for 60 minutes max is a great way to determine if you want the game or not.

Maybe is the psn thing, I can't get connection to driveclub after update, which usually not that case.
Also,forgot I'm downloading things on my pc, lol

Let's try again sometimes tomorrow, I move my PS4 to my workshop, wire connect it, 8mb streamyx should be enough.

That will do it, it always screws up my Netflix Streaming or online gaming if I am downloading a torrent on my PC.

Great, great feature. I hope this leads to more games getting sold because it would allow people to try out games they maybe wouldn't have had the chance to try. Love it.

It's not region locked system wide, it's locked in a game by game basis. I'm IN us and share played with a German gaffer and eu gaffer. Played, Dust, infamous first light, marvel Lego and Last of Us.

Only one that didn't work was Lego marvel, he said a pop up said due to region restrictions he couldn't play.

Top Bottom