• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 9 |OT| NO means NO

gata_zps69a3251a.jpg

grover_zps621e1664.png

cheats_zps76fa1f20.jpg

kb_zpsd15883ed.jpeg

staffgod_zps6aee5e56.jpg

geno_zps31ae34cb.jpg

Bigben_zps97d46327.jpg

saints_zps001df2a3.jpg

bills_zps43ff4edd.jpg

bucsfail_zpsb428166a.jpg

cards_zps2fc338be.jpg

raiders_zps5488fc6a.jpg

picks_zpsd28f9a6c.png

Yahoo Pick'em League
Group ID: 5588
Password: neogaf
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem/register/joingroup

Yahoo Pick'em League - Confidence
Group ID: 48829
Password: neogaf
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem/register/joingroup

NFL.com Survivor League

UberTag said:
I've gone and set up a new Survival league on NFL.com.
Simply create a fantasy profile, select Join Group at the above link and search for the private group called NFL-GAF SURVIVAL LEAGUE 2.
Password is neogaf just as it was for the first 2014 league.

Best of luck!

Coverage Maps
http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2014&wk=9

THE NFLGAF DESTINY CLAN by Jabee
Join the NFLGAF Destiny Clan! If you were in the BETA, Make sure you set this group as your clan again! You have to play the game first! This is for both Xbox One and PS4 players!

http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/119656

NFL-GAF NNID/PSN/XBL/Steam names
Quote for link to Google doc

NFL-GAF IRC
http://t.co/TN8BbqlrMS for mibbit
irc server is studio64.yi.org #nfl-gaf

Week 9 Picks
NO @ CAR

TB @ CLE
ARI @ DAL
PHI @ HOU
NYJ @ KC
JAX @ CIN
SD @ MIA
WAS @ MIN

STL @ SF
DEN @ NE
OAK @ SEA

BAL @ PIT

IND @ NYG

sponsors_zpscd7e9cc8.png

THE GODFATHER IV: ARTHUR BLANK'S AUTOBIOGRAPHY IN THEATERS SOON
1iJqv.jpg

OMAHA: THE NEW FOREHEAD SHINER BY PEYTON MANNING
peyton-manning1.jpg

ALL HE DOES IS WIN: THE CAMPAIGN TO GET TIM TEBOW BACK IN THE NFL
tebow.jpg

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Saosvpz.jpg

Anyone want to make the argument that the Cardinals are a better team than the Lions?

sass1.png

Calvin Johnson, Joe Fauria, Eric Ebron, Reggie Bush, LaAdrian Waddle, Kyle Van Noy and a lot of other players coming back and playing together for the first time since week 1.

We have an extra week to practice and get healthy. While Calvin Johnson and other key players were out, Golden Tate has emerged as an MVP canidate. Just more time to get adjusted to the new offensive scheme and the fact that the whole league now knows that Golden Tate is an elite wide reciever in this league. We knew he was good/great but this good? I had no damn idea. Pair him up with Calvin Johnson now?

2014-10-1912_54_32.gif

TateTD.gif

Watch these post game interviews:

Joique Bell Post Game

James Ihedigbo Post Game

caldwell-austin-article-062514.jpg

Defend the Den 2014.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Great OT Grover.

And while our players get healthy, rest up and practice during this bye the Cardinals and Cowboys are playing each other this weekend.

Cowboys beat the Cardinals and we're in first place in the NFC all while our key players like Megatron, Bush and Fauria have been hurt. Doesn't matter either way, we're better than both.

What separates this Lions team from the 2011 Lions and last years Lions is the coaching staff. I cannot emphasize that enough. Our 2011 Lions defense allowed Matt Flynn to have his family financially secured for generations. This Lions team? By far the best defense in the NFL even with Nick Fairley out.

You can have all the talent in the world, all the statistics and while that is important when you have a team playing as a team and that believes in each other that is something special. This 2014 Detroit Lions team has that. You can't coach comradery.

James Ihedigbo

James: "It's important in this league winners find a way to win and losers find a way to lose."

Reporter question: "What happened after halftime in the locker room?"

Ihedigbo: "Our defensive coordinatior, Coach Austin, came in and had a few things to say to us.............you seeing guys like Cassius Vaughn..that's what it's about, is guys across the board steeping up, doesn't matter who it is we all call ourselves playmakers, making plays to win."

Reporter question: What's going through your head especially win you see Prater miss and then make it?"

James Ihedigbo: "First and foremast we got Matt Stafford, we knew we were going to win. That's the comeback kid."

http://www.detroitlions.com/media-c...y_to_win/6c8fa34b-b209-4e4c-b8be-19a6dd53aa29

Joique Bell

And when you come out here you believe, we believe in each other, I told the defense if you guys get us the ball back we gonna score. And what did they do? They got us the ball back. And what did we do? We went out and scored.

WE WON THE GAME. ONE PRIDE.

I'm going to repeat Joique Bell one more time.

WE WON THE GAME. ONE PRIDE.

http://www.detroitlions.com/media-c...ond_half/79a97644-58dc-4300-8cc4-b9d1c3a79bab

Defend the Den 2014.

Striker

Calvin Johnson, Joe Fauria, Eric Ebron, Reggie Bush, LaAdrian Waddle, Kyle Van Noy and a lot of other players coming back and playing together for the first time since week 1.
I can't imagine how much better the Cards defense would be with guys like Darnell Dockett, John Abraham and Daryl Washington playing.

brentech

I can't imagine how much better the Cards defense would be with guys like Darnell Dockett, John Abraham and Daryl Washington playing.
Nope. Lions only team missing important guys. Don't even try to pull that shit.
When the Lions had everyone last year they were infallible behind the arm of one Matt Stafford.

Nope. Lions only team missing important guys. Don't even try to pull that shit.
When the Lions had everyone last year they were infallible behind the arm of one Matt Stafford.

They lost to the shitty Giants last year which ended whatever chance they still had at making the playing off..

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Or the Lions without Stephen Tulloch, Kyle Van Noy, Grover Quin and now Nick Fairey etc. on our defense.

Credit Martin Mayhew for being a brilliant GM and the moves he's made. Credit our coaching staff for bringing this locker room together.

Our Teryl Austin, Ndamakong Suh led defense will make old man Palmers life hell.

Matthew Stafford throwing to a healthy Megatron, Golden Tate, Fauria, Ebron, Theo Riddick, Reggie Bush etc.? The Cardinals are solid but no way are they better than this Lions team.

Either way while we sit back, rest and practice the Cardinals and Cowboys will be playing each other.

They lost to the shitty Giants last year which ended whatever chance they still had at making the playing off..

These aren't the Jim Schwatz Lions. These are the Coach Caldwell, Coach Austin #1 defense with Golden Tate as our 2nd best receiver.

eznark

Banned
Look out, when the Lions get healthy they will have that high powered offense back that put 19 points up on the Packers at home!

brentech

My sarcasm meter was off the charts.

But seriously, it's hard to see them dropping off the face of the earth like last season the way their defense is playing.
Second half of the game is generally more important, and if you give up 0 points there, any team has a shot at winning.

Their offense is wildly inconsistent regardless of who they're missing. But their d had been pretty consistent in the front and back end through 8 games. Would take a collapse of epic proportions to screw that up.

duxstar

Niners gonna get healthy soon , pwillis is rested up, Aldon Smith suspension about to end, a far easier schedule coming up (Rams, Giants, Saints, Redskins, Seattle at home). Actually feeling pretty good about the next few weeks.

ShaneB

RIP Hito =( We all miss you very much.

Thanks for the new thread Grover.

I don't care what's going on with the Jets, it can be a nerve racking game any given Sunday in the NFL. Season is half over already, flying by.

I didn't sleep much last night, so will be sleepwalking through work.

Finished up reading Red Winter last night, great book, and along with The Child Thief, both books are easy to recommend to anyone looking for something to read as well if anyone cares. They're sort of companion books I feel, that's why I mention both.

Striker

Or the Lions without Stephen Tulloch, Kyle Van Noy, Grover Quin and now Nick Fairey etc. on our defense.
The three guys I listed were prominent Pro Bowl/All Pro caliber dudes. Not average guys like Tulloch or Quin. And they've been winning games with a backup QB and missing a HB that was to split carries with Ellington.

They have tremendous coaching and it's what's getting them by, but we'll see how far that can take them.

Bread

Banned
Go Pats

I want to see tabris squirm

I want to see hunter take up smoking cigs

And I want to see manning face

Also, Jimmy face for different reasons.

Top Bottom