• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2014 |OT| Cleary Must Be Always

Stet

Banned
id6hXpfChXUOl.gif

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Just like I said... Wings are getting lazy and sloppy cause they got that big goal cushion. Good job Jimmy on the penalty shot. Still 4-2.

Foggy

Well, poop. Happy Halloween NHL-GAF, I'm off to see Halloween at the local Drafthouse. Drown my sorrows in sriracha fries or some shit

zroid

Banned
One thing I'll say about this year's Leafs compared to last year's is they aren't losing to opponents they're "supposed to" beat. Three of their 5 losses may have been pathetic, but they were to the Bruins, Pens, and Wings (and Zetterberg was an absolute beast in that one). Last year it was basically a crap shoot every game.

One thing I'll say about this year's Leafs compared to last year's is they aren't losing to opponents they're "supposed to" beat. Three of their 5 losses may have been pathetic, but they were to the Bruins, Pens, and Wings (and Zetterberg was an absolute beast in that one). Last year it was basically a crap shoot every game.

Good point

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'm just glad to see players stepping up and actually playing defense. There weren't a lot of good chances with wide open opponents, but a lot of tips and shots where they were harassed.

I can't really complain too much though I hope Phaneuf has a better game than he's had the past few.

I'm also not sure Winrar can keep that up, but he definitely helped out on the first line and provided a bit of stability, blue collar hardwork, and hustle to it.

The second line looked pretty good as well and Bozak had a few glorious chances.

Clarkson is doing the little things well and fighting well and he's playing with confidence.

FUCK PAUL ROMANSUCK!

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Nice, Pavel from Z and Abby in the empty net. Wings gonna take this one 5-2. Now please don't lose to Buffalo on Sunday... Of course they will.

That's right Detroit, you can try to blow 4 goal leads, but you can only allow 2 goals (like you did all last year with all those 2 goal blown leads).

Anyways, win!!!

Boo on you, Detroit, and especially L.A. The first team needs to stop winning, whereas the other one needs to pull up its socks against the East. Take all the points you can from the non-Leaf East.

pringles

Wings stopped playing for a while but they woke up before things got really bad, another sign that this team is different from previous years.

Datsyuk and Nyquist make this team so much fun to watch.. two of the shiftiest players in the league.

Samyy

I ain't even mad at this. I'm not a stats guy, but I can see how insulting it might be to be judged on numbers alone.

Uh most players are judged on numbers alone right now anyawy (goals, assists, +/-, TOI, hits, # of blocked shots, etc)

They are all just numbers.

zroid

Banned
The Leafs were ultimately outshot and out-Corsi'd but they were in control until the 50 minute mark at which point the feet came off the pedals. Typical Leafs in that regard, but it's understandable to ease up a bit down the stretch with a 2-3 goal lead. Still, that period of about 12 minutes with only 1 Corsi is bad.

HAiwiW7.png

Samyy

The Leafs were ultimately outshot and out-Corsi'd but they were in control until the 50 minute mark at which point the feet came off the pedals. Typical Leafs in that regard, but it's understandable to ease up a bit down the stretch with a 2-3 goal lead. Still, that period of about 12 minutes with only 1 Corsi is bad.

HAiwiW7.png

Score effects

Top Bottom