• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolve Alpha delayed for PS4 due to the 2.0 firmware update

Krakn3Dfx

Waiting patiently for Sony to come out and say Rest Mode is borked due to updates implemented to support the Evolve Alpha.

daveo42

Banned
M$ money hat
Follow the money

dP8fd.jpg

I wonder how this relates to the 2.0 update exactly. Seems weird.
There could be any number of backend changes we're not privy to, especially when moving from 1.x to 2.x of an OS.

That said, the dev should've had access to 2.0 before us, so they should've been aware of most or all of such issues. Likely, they were aware and thought they could everything patched up in time for the alpha, but are now realizing they're gonna fall short.

Lrrr

These kinds of things happen, but Sony really needs to learn that they can't keep drawing on that goodwill, anti-DRM, account that they started at E3 2013. Eventually, they'll be no funds left.

And the hits just keep on coming. :(

Good thing Evolve is only in Alpha stage and there's plenty of time for Sony and Turtle Rock to turn things around.

Trace

Banned
So the game doesn't even work on PS4, and on top of that no PC players can connect.

And the Xbox One version came out earlier?

Normally I'm not this biased, but this screams moneyhat.

Guile

Banned
Driveclub 2.0 here we go. =(

Why is it so hard to get multiplayer games working from day one these days?

Krakn3Dfx

And the hits just keep on coming. :(

Good thing Evolve is only in Alpha stage and there's plenty of time for Sony and Turtle Rock to turn things around.

It's too bad Evolution never did this to see the result, Driveclub might have come out of the gate in much better shape.

Qassim

So the game doesn't even work on PS4, and on top of that no PC players can connect.

I've played some online matches on PC.

They're simply just struggling under the load. Which is to be expected, that is the entire point of these alphas, to gauge server and network load.

I'm just going to stop getting excited about downloadable games.

So.. all games?

nynt9

Maybe it's due to Shareplay and people being able to play the game even if they don't have access to the alpha? Sounds like an NDA nightmare.

Rymuth

Destiny's Alpha and Beta were cancelled/delayed on XBO but the game pulled respectable number with that crowd. I expect a similar case here.

mood

Hah, it's an alpha. Better to know if things are broken now than when the game is released. See Driveclub.

Trace

Banned
Hah, it's an alpha. Better to know if things are broken now than when the game is released. See Driveclub.

True. I just think major gamebreaking issues to the point where 2/3 of your platforms don't work should be addressed before an Alpha.

Jaxx

Banned

Yes, Microsoft deliberately screwed up Sony's 2.0 update.

Gestault

Like I said in the other thread

Other than your feelings that it really shouldn't have happened, do you have a reason why your point has more credibility than the word of the devs? It's alpha software which they had packaged and ready to go, and in light of the new FW update (which has recognized issues), it's suddenly not functional. So whether it's by someone's word or a very obvious way the scenario played out, I don't understand your assertion.

Perfect!

Been playing on my Xbox One. PS4 one is preloaded on my console, so it will likely run later meaning more play time in the long run!

Sucks for those only with a PS4 yes.

tkalamba

Xbox One players are having trouble connecting too... I've yet to actually get a game going.

ObiDin

WTF? We know that MS had a deal in place for the early alpha, but you think it also involved borking their own game on 2 other platforms? Hope this is sarcasm.

RdN

This update 2.0 is giving more headaches than improvements.. And it's fucked to think that Sony worked for more than 6 months just to release something like this.

Top Bottom