• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
ot6bannerb0s1a.png

wowot5expansionsnmjep.png

Previous OTs

OT1
OT2
OT3
OT4
OT5

GAF Players Google Document

GAF Players

Wanna raid but have trouble finding players?

Try OpenRaid, the biggest cross-realm community around.

North America: http://openraid.us/
Europe: http://openraid.eu

Talent Calculator

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/tool/talent-calculator

Realm Status

North America: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/status
Europe: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/status

Opening Cinematics

Warlords of Draenor
Mists of Pandaria
Cataclysm
Wrath of the Lich King
The Burning Crusade
World of Warcraft

Patch Trailers & Reveals

Expansion Reveals

Other Cinematics

News & Editorial

Gameplay & Strategy Guides

Gameplay Databases, Stats, & Addons

Full Game Databases

Character Rankings

Items

Addons
Wiki/pedia

|OT5| Wall of Shame

wallofshameot5e1s7a.png

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Oh lordy I had more posts than yanger? I gotta fix my life.

And we should probably purge and refresh the players spreadsheet to get all the active people for WoD. Don't need to know all alts specifically, just main character/server/faction and battletag. I never even added myself to the old/current one.

Not sure how you want to do that.

And since this got cutoff as the last post of the old thread - for discussion:

Originally Posted by I'm an expert

bro cmon.. full transparency on dat titan panel.. pls..

also, I never use custom bars.. theyre always such trash. default bars have never been an issue.

Maybe default bars are fine if you mostly PvP, but I think we've outright rejected people without custom bars (though not entirely for that, it's a big red flag) as raiders. You simply need the extra screen real estate afforded by the ability to move around and see more bars than the default UI allows. The wyvern and (gargoyle?) art flairs alone take up a lot of unnecessary space.

In PvP you don't really need to worry as much about standing in bad that might be on the edge of your screen, so it's not as critical there.

I use Bartender and it's been great except for the recent stint where my extra action button went MIA for a few weeks. Pain in the ass too since it can be so critical and you have to find something to test it on. Thankfully the revamped BFD has one that's quick to access and test.

RkOwnage

Alright GAF, I switched to horde for this expansion, I'd like to play a DK tank, and I just hit 90, got to 504 ilvl and am wondering where to go next. I'd like to see some content but am a little worried about going into ToT as a freshly geared tank. I've done timeless isle chest farming and the pre-WoD quests for my items.

Any suggestions on where to go?

Wunder

thread closed and i was going to post :(

whatever someone asked for what ui are we going with on WoD

doing stuff

+mouseover bar on the right and raid frames on the left

That UI... is fucking cool. Did you set it up yourself?

Alright GAF, I switched to horde for this expansion, I'd like to play a DK tank, and I just hit 90, got to 504 ilvl and am wondering where to go next. I'd like to see some content but am a little worried about going into ToT as a freshly geared tank. I've done timeless isle chest farming and the pre-WoD quests for my items.

You can farm UBRS for some 550 blues and get those items from the Shado-Pan Assault once you do your first ToT. If you're really anxious about it you can watch a set of videos for the first wing to give yourself a good idea of what to expect. I havent had much issue with ToT LFR as much as I have had with SoO, not to say that SoO LFR is that hard anyway. If you're still nervous after watching the first few bosses you can always message the other tank and hope he's a nice guy and will let you OT/walk you through some bosses. I don't think the first two bosses are too difficult to tank, but I haven't tanked in this expansion at all so what do I know.

Do some heroic dungeons to cut your teeth and get used to how to play your class. The stakes are much lower there if you're unsure.

gdamn Neilas Aran.

I'm still butthurt that stormwind has been destroyed for like 4 years now while Orgrimmar has just been attack yet looks the same.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
That UI... is fucking cool. Did you set it up yourself?

That looks a lot like RealUI. Customized a bit.

I've found that in 6.0 there's no real reason for me (yet) to have an obscene amount of addons. I have bartender to arrange a bar like the Naga pad just because my brain is dumb and can't handle it unless it's shaped like the Naga keypad, and Moveanything, just to make the Health Bars bigger. The less addons you have, the faster the game loads.

Look at how many gaps I have on my bars already. I just can't get used to having some abilities off my naga buttons. But the fact is the nagas are all but obsolete now.

Hour as in when they go on sale at retail? They've done midnight parties at retailers in the past.

They're supposed to 'flip the switch' and open content to players sometime around midnight day-of.

iirate

I'm trying to decide on a character for PvP in Warlords, but it's not something I have a lot of experience with. I've casually PvPed on my main(resto shaman) over the years, and I have a group of friends that comes back at the start of each expansion and runs BGs, but I'm interested in trying something other than heals in PvP. I might also end up doing some arena this time, so viability in 2s is a concern.

I'm considering priest, as shadow pvp looks potentially fun and I'd be able to heal on the same character if I wanted to.

I've also considered warrior, ret pally, or druid(feral/resto). I know this isn't really something anyone else can decide for me, but any insight or advice would be appreciated.

Yeah I think for Euro realms it's midnight whenever the next day compared to the US realms.

Not sure though. Would have to check to see if they ever even released full details.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
"we reject people for not having custom bars, like pvp bads"

are you serious lol..

I play on a 40 inch tv, real estate is not an issue

Wooo hooo! New OT in time for the new expansion!

I'll probably be more active in this one for a little while at least. I mostly lurked in OT5 up until the past month.

If anyone wants to add me, you can find me under eudaemonic#1493.

PvP people do weird things like have 5 copies of the same sole on their bars to see the CD better.

There are no hard rules, but a noticeable lack of addons in our mandatory combat UI screenshots is generally a bad sign. You will be questioned about it. Not necessarily rejected (though it's often comorbid with other issues on the app). We like to see weak auras and similar, etc. to make sure you're tracking procs and getting the most out of your character.

Rizzi

Jesus. Are you doing quests or dungeons? I've heard mixed things about low level dungeons being a pain now with the stat squish?

I had one of these bad boys. It's run out now though, so I've slowed down considerably. I'm tanking dungeons, and I haven't had any issues.

Wunder

Jesus. Are you doing quests or dungeons? I've heard mixed things about low level dungeons being a pain now with the stat squish?

nah that stuff was fixed - it was mainly due to them being unable to test every ability/mechanic before launching the patch. I think dungeons are back to being real easy.

iirate

Dungeons are super efficient now, but noticably harder than they were before. You definitely don't need to CC mobs or anything, but you can't always just pull the entire place like you could get away with sometimes before.

The upside is, post-xp squish, they're even faster than they used to be. A friend and I healer + tank queued from 15 to 40 in something like 2.5 hours. Also, I was disc and he was a prot pally - disc is supposed to be weaker in dungeons than other healers and prot pally was supremely underpowered when we did this(took more damage than the other tanks and had severe mana issues due to Blizzard accidentally putting their main passive at a high level).

Basically, it should be even easier for about anyone else(and prot pallys after last week's fix).

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
What kind of UI mods are you guys using? I'm finding it kind of hard to process the information in raids (just doing LFR stuff) and I feel like healing on my Priest in groups could be a bit easier. The stock health bars in groups aren't the easiest to follow.

Any suggestions?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is the Blasted Lands portal going to go away once the expansion release and the pre-expansion quests are gone? It's the fastest way for my Horde characters to Karazhan for farming the mount.

Top Bottom