• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft files trademark for "Battletoads"

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
On November 5, 2014, Microsoft filed a trademarked for "Battletoads" in the United States. It was entered in the Trademark Reporting and Monitoring System (TRAM) of USPTO on November 8, though it appears to have not become publicly available until today (for I did not see this mark when I searched during the weekend). It is a basic 1B filing (Application Based on Intent to Use) for game software. As below:

Word Mark BATTLETOADS
Goods and Services IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: game software
IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: entertainment services, namely, providing online video games
Standard Characters Claimed
Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Serial Number 86445867
Filing Date November 5, 2014
Current Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Owner (APPLICANT) Microsoft Corporation CORPORATION WASHINGTON One Microsoft Way Redmond WASHINGTON 980526399
Attorney of Record Grace Han Stanton
Type of Mark TRADEMARK. SERVICE MARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE
Source: http://tsdr.uspto.gov/documentviewer?caseId=sn86445867&docId=APP20141108074708#docIndex=0&page=1

A revival of Battletoads has been hinted at before, as mentioned here for example. There you have it anyway.

I searched for this but found no prior threads.

chugen

2p0cCsg.gif

Jotthah

Good lord, please let this be the game that Rare is working on and Phil Spencer talked about on various Podcasts.

I know they are not really the same development studio, but a new Battletoads is, well a new Battletoads

Battletoads wasn't a big franchise back in the late-80s/early 90s when it was relevant, but it was a good series of side-scrolling beatemups.

If they are reviving it, hopefully it remains a beatemup. I imagine it'd be like some sort of amphibious version of God Hand or a similarly stylish character action game of these modern days.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Was Battletoads actually good and well-received or is it just the meme-status for being ridiculously hard and unforgiving?

Dat pause music tho.

t_screwattack_avgn_baz4sq6.gif

Interesting, I don't think it'll be Rare developing it though unless they've split their team into 1 big one for their next AAA game and then smaller teams for other stuff

Good lord, please let this be the game that Rare is working on and Phil Spencer talked about on various Podcasts.

I know they are not really the same development studio, but a new Battletoads is, well a new Battletoads

You're right, they arent the same studio. You dont want this Rare working on this game

Double Helix somehow found a way to make KI a good game, maybe they can get a 3rd party to do the same for Battletoads

but Rare wont be the studio to do so.

That said, I cant wait for them to disappoint everyone with whatever announcement they make!

Coin Return

Loose Slot
Was Battletoads actually good and well-received or is it just the meme-status for being ridiculously hard and unforgiving?

I enjoyed the hell out of it back in the day. Really difficult, though.

They should bring back Snake Rattle 'n' Roll while they're at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom