• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity - PC Performance thread

MayMay

Banned
So, I bought ACU Retail today - and my copy works.

Proof that I actually bought it (so that I wont get nuked)
http://i.imgur.com/09bYSvL.jpg

And here's the settings menu. Stupid console interface, and I cant post 20 screenshots of all the different options - so Ill just say they're all what you expect. Game does have a Borderless Window mode.

ExHzebL.png
OoGvWTO.png

Some early screenshots, SPOILER ALERT

http://abload.de/img/acu2014-11-1019-57-37mesx9.png
http://abload.de/img/acu2014-11-1019-57-297cs0x.png
http://abload.de/img/acu2014-11-1019-58-59v9svv.png
http://abload.de/img/acu2014-11-1019-57-41ljs5d.png

I'm running an i7 2600k on stock clock as well as a GTX 780

With the new drivers, and TXAA disabled (I'm on 4xMSAA) I get around 45-50fps during regular gameplay (in the beginning scene that I also used to capture those screenshots) and cutscenes. The cutscenes still drop into 20s though whenever there's a closeup on a face for some weird reason

Running through Paris, with the crowds and all - I get 45-60 fps with FXAA and everything else maxed out. Some odd stuttering though, might be loading..

Runs better than Black Flag guys. lol On my machine.. at least.

So Paris is definitely alot more demanding than any prologue sequence.

For the people that wanted to know, stable 60 when I set it to 720p maxed out. Its a damn blurry mess though so - hell naw lol

Oh, damn I disabled PCSS Shadows and now I'm averaging at 55-60fps atm where I'm at in the city. That made a difference. But its an open world game, so time of day, crowd etc all factor in and I cant possible test all that.

Tested a bit more, those Shadows give a 10fps hit. Well jeez.

Might as well mention that myself and every other person with a working PC copy are running on 1.1.0 - the 1.2.0 Patch is not available yet, but promises to fix some issues.

Kezen

Banned
Vsync is double buffered I suppose. So if you can't sustain 60fps it will drop to 30.
I have the same GPU as you.

Make sure you downloaded the new drivers optimized for the game.

So, I bought ACU Retail today - and my copy works. Downloaded the Day 1 Patch and everything, seeing as no one posted any impressions yet I figured Id do it.

Proof that I actually bought it (sry, quality of the camera isnt the best but thats all I had)

And here's the settings menu. Stupid console interface, and I cant post 20 screenshots of all the different options - so Ill just say they're all what you expect. Game does have a Borderless Window mode.

Ill update this with some screenshots later, until now I only played the (very spoilery) beginning bit.. and well. Maxed out with all the nVidia stuff.. I was barely above 30fps at all times. Sometimes it dropped into the 20s. (Sometimes it was also in the 40s though). Gonna play the same section again on different settings and go a bit past that to see if it changes later on.

i7 2600k and GTX 780
Do you have the latest drivers for this game? They just released like 2 hours ago. Also, if you can, post non-Vsync FPS numbers.

Skyzard

Banned
dafuq

what resolution were you playing on?

----seems like it's not as bad as we thought, TXAA was taking a huge toll for some reason.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks!

The screenshots are in 1920x1080, so I assume that's the resolution he's playing at.

MayMay

Banned
Are you running TXAA?

Yes

by "maxed out", do you mean including things like super-sampling (if available) or DSR?

No

dafuq

what resolution were you playing on?

1080p

This is with the new Nvidia driver?

No. Should add that to the OP, but I dont use Sli so the differences should be neglectable.

Could you try without vsync ?

Vsync is off

Gaz_RB

Interested to see how my 760 will run this, though your 780 performance doesn't bode well. I'm not averse to turning some settings down, and even then it will still look/run better than the PS4 version.

Qassim

Yes
No. Should add that to the OP, but I dont use Sli so the differences should be neglectable.

Uhm, that's not necessarily true. It isn't just an SLI profile (if there even is one yet), driver updates can and often do improve performance for single GPU systems, sometimes significantly. Update the drivers and try it out.

What's your average if you turn off vsync?

Edit: Damn, nevermind

I have a 780ti and a 2560x1440 monitor so we'll see how it goes, lol.

Murtrod

Drivers don't just enable SLI. They improve GPU and game communication. Drivers can make all the difference. Update drivers and let us know. Anything is possible, but I feel like the drivers will help.

Denton

It has borderless? Awesome. Means no tearing and no stupid dips.
Now it is just a matter of finding settings combination that will get me 50-60fps.

Shadownet

Banned
Interested to see how my 760 will run this, though your 780 performance doesn't bode well. I'm not averse to turning some settings down, and even then it will still look/run better than the PS4 version.

If I can get 1080p with a stable 30fps on high. I'll be content.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Maxed out with all the nVidia stuff.. I was barely above 30fps at all times. Sometimes it dropped into the 20s. (Sometimes it was also in the 40s though). Gonna play the same section again on different settings and go a bit past that to see if it changes later on.

i7 2600k and GTX 780 @ 1080p with Vsync turned OFF.

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

This is going to be a very interesting thread, I am quite curious to see how the game performs on various systems above and below the minimum spec.

MayMay

Banned
Are you surprised by your performance then ? Because MSAA in a deferred renderer is a huge hog.

I'm not, I'm just trying out the game maxed atm. As I said in the OP Ill try it with different settings later on.

Ill install the Driver now, gonna try it again.

Anyways, have some screenshots in the meantime. SPOILERS
http://imgur.com/a/ZygmI

Might want to add that I didnt hit 30 the entire cutscene... As soon as gameplay hit I got to 40-50. (Without the drivers)

Melpontro

780 not strong enough to maintain 30fps fuckin ell

This is at a resolution higher than what the console versions run at, with performance killing anti aliasing and settings higher than that of consoles as well as the Nvidia effects.
I'm curious how well it runs at 900p with console settings.

Having extra options that push the game above consoles should not be treated as a bad thing, even if they are extremely hard to run. I'll only consider this port to be shit if the performance at console-esque settings is also bad.

Seanspeed

Banned
Running a game all on max with a bunch of PC specific effects at 30fps doesnt mean the game is a crap PC version necessarily. It would be good to know how these exclusive effects affect performance.

OP hasn't installed the latest Nvidia drivers either, which is specifically for this game.

I'm not, I'm just trying out the game maxed atm. As I said in the OP Ill try it with different settings later on.

Ill install the Driver now, gonna try it again.

Anyways, have some screenshots in the meantime. SPOILERS
http://imgur.com/a/ZygmI

Might want to add that I didnt hit 30 the entire cutscene... As soon as gameplay hit I got to 40-50. (Without the drivers)

Post pics of the game at those 30fps ish settings and don't post them on imgur.

Please do the above. Flickr, minus, and abload are good.

MarkV

TXAA isn't all that intensive in comparison to other AA solutions.

It is very intensive in deferred rendering engine like the one in AC:Unity, because TXAA also use MSAA.

If there is some temporal SMAA i think that it's the way to go for this game for medium end cards.

Top Bottom