• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 on Steam - Dec 11 (1080p/60fps, dual language, includes DLC)

after XIII port, I learned my lesson. Will consider buying when it on winter/xmas/whatever sale and after I finish the first game ;_;

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
sanstitre71szz.png

All-Time RPG Classic?

mr-burns-laughing.gif

They... they learned their lesson? *sniff* That's beautiful... I know I'll regret it SE... but I'll buy your FFXIII-2 a second time. It's the best of the trilogy I played anyways.

Swimsuit DLC was best DLC

OK, good news. "Range of dlc" makes me wonder though, sounds like some of it will be sold separately. I'm not surprised, there was a ton of it for this game, still disappointing though.

Edit: might be those costumes from other games, yeah.

lt519

I liked XIII but never played XIII-2 before I retired the PS3 (gave it to a friend). This will be a good chance to give it a go! I'm excited.

Falk

that puzzling face
I wonder what "a range of downloadable content" means. Will they sell the rest on Steam?

Last I heard (and this could be outdated info) it includes everything other than stuff from other games like Ezio etc.

edit: Beaten

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I still can't believe there are people who like LR. Then again, there are people in the world with scat fetishes and stuff so I guess I kinda get it.
I can't believe its a pariah to some people. It's one of my favorite jRPGs of the last generation and the XIII game I had the most fun with.

Mihos

Gold Member
I still can't believe there are people who like LR. Then again, there are people in the world with scat fetishes and stuff so I guess I kinda get it.

In the interest of equal time, you have to post something you like so we can crap all over it and compare it to a crap fetish.

Durante

Last I heard (and this could be outdated info) it includes everything other than stuff from other games like Ezio etc.

edit: Beaten
Good to hear, that would be A-OK in my book. I assume those cross promotion/licensing deals only applied to the console versions, so I can hardly blame them for that.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It accommodates dual audio setups? Doesn't the language tab typically change the entirety of a game's language, UI included?

I believe it's possible for developers to leave text tied to the language of the client as last I checked this is how Half-Life 2 worked. If that's no longer the case, though, and Squeenix couldn't set up Japanese (audio only) and Japanese (audio and text) as client-level language options, then optional DLC would definitely be the better approach.

Good to hear, that would be A-OK in my book. I assume those cross promotion/licensing deals only applied to the console versions, so I can hardly blame them for that.

I'll miss Commander Noel. Oh well.

If you ordered FF13 at GMG, check your email for a 25% off code for 13-2. I got one but I'm not sure if its universal or not.

Nice to see them hopefully making a proper port this time, might pick it up for launch if I can get through XIII and Valkyria Chronicles first

Haven't gotten one yet but thanks for the info.

If you don't want to wait (or haven't bought XIII from GMG) you can use the code NOVEMB-ERGMGX-20XOFF for a 20% discount.

If I don't get it by tonight I likely will use this, thanks.

Fool me once...

They are patching FFXIII to fix the resolution issues, while it should have been there day 1, I'm okay with them making attempts to fix their errors.

I'm preordering for 2 reasons...

1) This time, they learn their lesson it seems and even fix FFXIII. So I guess I can forgive them.

2) More sales to this means FFXV for PC... I dont want to miss this.

jersoc

I'm going to wait for the whole trilogy package. Played and beat em all on ps3 already. But 13-2 was my favorite by far. The catching and using monsters as a 3rd party was pretty fun. The time travel parts was pretty cool too once things start coming together.

ConceptX

Good to see it's launching without the failures of the 13 launch.

I expected the same price to be honest, but I'm not not going to preorder over a few pounds.

Looking forward to it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Massive FFXIII-2 Steam giveaway come the OT-thread, what say you all :D?

Fou-Lu

After enjoying the hell out of playing 13 for the first time on steam I am very excited for this. (And those DLC battles look awesome. Gilgamesh here I come!)

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Oh hey GAF.

"Looks around"

You know the last time somebody played FFXIII-2 , Kagari died, she literally died. I don't know why you'd put yourself at such a risk. Just stay put, I'm gonna get some body bags and a soda.

timshundo

Might actually double dip on this. I really dislike XIII and Lighting Returns to no end, but I had tons of fun with XIII-2 even to the point where I ended up getting a Platinum on the PS3. That scene were you had to
find Noel in the future while getting his backstory explained was great. His theme fit perfectly!

One of the most memorable, haunting moments in my Final Fantasy experiences. The atmosphere and music were almost tear-jerking.

Says who? Famitsu and the 40/40 score they gave the game? lol

I mean, I guess it's an okay game for a generation that was quite bad when it came to JRPGs, and if you shut down your brain for a bit whenever the story takes up prominence, but I really don't see what's so great about FFXIII-2. In many ways, what touted improvements the game possesses over FFXIII is negated by a small catalogue of things it does worse than FFXIII.

so the cheapest is on GMG with the 25% coupon. Hmm. Might wait for it to drop to $10 in a future sale instead. If i've waited this long,i can hold out for a bit more

HeelPower

I only played this once and I liked XIII better.

Now I need to replay it and really form a more informed opinion on it.

Its a good game overall.

Top Bottom