• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Petition to get the Ninja Gaiden games released on Steam/PC

Grief.exe

Yaiba - Ninja Gaiden Z was Tecmo/Koei's first dabble with a PC version of their games. I don't think it sold very well.

At this point it seems like if there was going to be a PC version of Ninja Gaiden it would be the Sigma version of the games. Simply cos it's what Team Ninja ported to the Vita.

Yaiba didn't do well anywhere.

Honestly, I think a trilogy could be a decent seller and Team ninja are a competent port team.

Say what you want about the sigmas, they still had little to no major framerate drops on the PS3. Sigma 1 was one of the best HD remasters on the system, even years later. Even the Vita versions, while not as good framerate wise had some of the best IQ on the vita even now.

Just patch that damn dinosaur fight out of razors edge. PLEASE.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Amusing how many time someone will say never to PC ports, and history shows that to be false. Please, demonstrate your reasoning

I think what they mean is that we'll get Sigma and not Black. Well with the nice PC community for these types of games maybe we can see a mod to get it to Black standards?

I think what they mean is that we'll get Sigma and not Black. Well with the nice PC community for these types of games maybe we can see a mod to get it to Black standards?

Yeah. Sigma 2 with blood is not nearly as offensive. It just needs a bit higher enemy count and the return of the windmill shuriken.

Side note: Does anybody know what issue TN have with that weapon? It was taken out of NG2 which was annoying enough, but its also removed from the Sigma + port as well. Why?

Is it a copyright issue?

Lumine

I've been wanting NG:B (and 2) on PC/Steam for years now. I don't expect anything will come from this, but I really do hope so.

Nzyme32

What was different between black and the original vanilla ninja gaiden on Xbox? I never played black

Silky

Banned
Amusing how many time someone will say never to PC ports, and history shows that to be false. Please, demonstrate your reasoning

Sigma and Sigma 2 are considered by Team Ninja the definitive remasters of those games despite both games missing multiple things from their previous titles that hamper the challenge of NG (Reduced difficulty, removing blood and beheadings, getting weapons earlier than expected, editing boss fights to make easier, reduced texture quality--Sigma is a technical downgrade compared to black/NG2) or are just added in the game for no fucking reason (BOOOOB PHYSICSSSS). While the new content like the new characters are fun, they aren't really around long enough to make the game differ (Rachel isn't fun to play at all.)

The definitive NG experience is arguably Black and MG2. Sigma isn't worth it.

Miguel81

Thanks guys for upping it to 90+ in just 3 odd hours. NeoGAF kicks ass, especially the fact that we can find so many like-minded folk so damn easily.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm down for Black.

But you should throw DOA in with this petition. 3D fighters are an open field at the moment on PC and DOA could get a foothold there.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
What was different between black and the original vanilla ninja gaiden on Xbox? I never played black

Sigma:
-Got rid of the "EVIL DARK DRAGON BLADE... A SWORD SAID TO BE CARVED OUT OF THE BONES OF A BLACK DRAGON..." intro
-Added new (pointless in many peoples opinion) bosses
-Rachel chapters
-Dropped the mission mode into a DLC mode (or I'm thinking NG2)
-Added a new weapon: Twin Swords (forgetting the actual name) which isn't in Black.

Miguel81

I'm down for Black.

But you should throw DOA in with this petition. 3D fighters are an open field at the moment on PC and DOA could get a foothold there.

There has been news about DOA 5 Last Round on PC, but we're still very much in the dark when it comes to NG.

Peff

Sigma:
-Got rid of the "EVIL DARK DRAGON BLADE... A SWORD SAID TO BE CARVED OUT OF THE BONES OF A BLACK DRAGON..." intro
-Added new (pointless in many peoples opinion) bosses
-Rachel chapters
-Dropped the mission mode into a DLC mode (or I'm thinking NG2)
-Added a new weapon: Twin Swords (forgetting the actual name) which isn't in Black.

It also gets rid of just about anything that isn't a corridor or an enemy arena. A lot of the back and fort looking for keys segments, platforming challenges and "puzzles" so to speak are gone.

It also gets rid of just about anything that isn't a corridor or an enemy arena. A lot of the back and fort looking for keys segments, platforming challenges and "puzzles" so to speak are gone.

This has always been my #1 complaint. They took the adventure out of the action-adventure game. Its the thing that separates it from NG2/3 hours and hours of corridors and waves of enemies, pacing completely fucked. Very little in the way of Tairon's hub world area, or even the backtracking/exploration required for The Aquaducts or the Caverns.

UrbanRats

This has always been my #1 complaint. They took the adventure out of the action-adventure game. Its the thing that separates it from NG2/3 hours and hours of corridors and waves of enemies, pacing completely fucked. Very little in the way of Tairon's hub world area, or even the backtracking/exploration required for The Aquaducts or the Caverns.

That part in the cavern was infuriating though (when you have to shoot the timed thing and pass through the archers).
But in general i agree, Black was near perfect, camera problems aside (which were never fixed, in any 3d NG).

I'd gladly take Sigma over nothing though, it's not *that* bad.

NG2/Sigma2 to me is more complicated, honestly, because i think both are deeply flawed and both have advantages/play very differently from one another.

I honestly don't think that the franchise with Hayashi behind the wheel will get any better in the future, the dude is simply not a good director. Tecmo should give the franchise to a new guy IMO, it can't get any worse than NG3.

That being said I'd love to see NGB and NGII on PC.

My rule is to give a series two chances before giving up, so I'm willing to give it one more shot.

I do agree though, I don't have much faith in Hayashi, but I'm open to being proven wrong and he did make some strides in the right direction with Razor's Edge. He'll never be as good as Itakgi though, but then very few people could fill those shoes.

I'll sign the petition when I'm done in the shower. However,the text of the petition could use a revision to sound more professional.

Just my suggestion, the idea itself is sound.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Yaiba was shit and most likely didn't sell well anywhere.
I'd take anything tbh.
And i agree with you on Black... but NG2 is a pretty shitty/unfinished product.
Not that Sigma 2 is perfect or anything, but it does fix a couple of things (and break others).

Oh don't me wrong NG2 isn't perfect by any means but I just didn't like Sigma 2 at all in comparison to the 'original' version. Flaws and all I'd take the original 2 anyday, still one of my favourite games on the 360.

My rule is to give a series two chances before giving up, so I'm willing to give it one more shot.

I do agree though, I don't have much faith in Hayashi, but I'm open to being proven wrong and he did make some strides in the right direction with Razor's Edge. He'll never be as good as Itakgi though, but then very few people could fill those shoes.

The only major problem with Razor's Edge was they didn't do anything to make the enemies and environments interesting at ALL. Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 you fight some really weird shit in some really cool environments. In Razor's Edge you fight military dudes in jungles the entire time.

If Hayashi can take what he learned with Razor's Edge and applies it to a more interesting campaign, NG4 could be great.

Tain

I'd buy Black on PC. I wouldn't bother buying Sigma on PC.

This is a pretty good thing to ask for due to the state of Xbox emulation.

mcz117chief

All this hate against Razor's Edge is just crazy. It is easily the best game in the series, there is not a single thing that I can say is worse in it than it's predecessors. It plays pretty much identically like the previous games, I did a back to back play of all the modern Ninja Gaiden games and Razor's Edge is by far my favourite, I really would not go back to the previous games for any reason.

The only aspect of Razor's Edge that is bad is the story, which is pretty average (just like every other Ninja Gaiden game honestly), everything else is top notch: graphics, music, cutscenes, gameplay, flow, everything works flawlessly. And as always, it is hard as hell (probably the hardest modern NG game).

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Always wanted these games on PC. Hopefully it would be the Sigma versions.

ibqPzfqRS1cCA2.gif

Baust

I'm up for that but NOT Sigma 1 and 2. I want Ninja Gaiden Black and the original Ninja Gaiden 2. Not Hayashis bastard child versions.

This. I'd be ecstatic if Ninja Gaiden Black came, but if it was Sigma, I'd probably wait for a sale.

All this hate against Razor's Edge is just crazy. It is easily the best game in the series, there is not a single thing that I can say is worse in it than it's predecessors. It plays pretty much identically like the previous games, I did a back to back play of all the modern Ninja Gaiden games and Razor's Edge is by far my favourite, I really would not go back to the previous games for any reason.

The only aspect of Razor's Edge that is bad is the story, which is pretty average (just like every other Ninja Gaiden game honestly), everything else is top notch: graphics, music, cutscenes, gameplay, flow, everything works flawlessly. And as always, it is hard as hell (probably the hardest modern NG game).

J7r5T.gif

no.

scitek

The QTEs alone make it the worst.

i've never played the games, but those seem like some dumb changes

why would they remove all those enemies? were they trying to make the game easier?

Pretty sure it was a performance thing. It runs like complete ass on the Xbox 360 at times.

Is that all ? Can you please explain ? I played him like 3 days ago on hard and I don't remember anything infuriating or lazy about him.

Its by far, the worst boss I have ever fought in an action game bar none.

The fight is so far removed from any previous ninja gaiden game its not oeven a joke.

His attack pattens are random, there is no reward for skillfully dodging his attacks, he can easily chip away your life..

I just refuse to play further. Ive beat him once in Vanilla NG3 but when I got him on Razors edge I just turned my console off. I can't.

UrbanRats

Some were some weren't.
In particular, nerfed projectile spamming, and removing the need to aim the bow in first person, in Sigma 2, were very positive changes.
Other changes, like removing some bullshit bosses, were positive but half assed, and some were straight up bad (like making all enemies more resistant, but having much less of them).
And, i suspect, mostly due to technical reasons, like removing the gore/various cut limbs on screen.

The end result is that Sigma2 plays somewhat closer to NG1 than NG2, where you were cutting people up left and right, and the screen was FILLED with people at all times.

I think an mix of the two would be ideal.

mcz117chief

Its by far, the worst boss I have ever fought in an action game bar none.

The fight is so far removed from any previous ninja gaiden game its not oeven a joke.

His attack pattens are random, there is no reward for skillfully dodging his attacks, he can easily chip away your life..

I just refuse to play further. Ive beat him once in Vanilla NG3 but when I got him on Razors edge I just turned my console off. I can't.

That is just not true. His attacks have a very simple pattern. During the first stage he makes 3 dashes and then falls, during his second stage he makes 4 dashes and then falls, nothing to it. I beat him easily without a hit.

The QTEs alone make it the worst.

What QTEs ? The climbing ? Or the boss QTEs finishers ? There are like 10 during the whole game, maybe a few more but they are definitely not in any significant amount to be even considered a problem.

Revan

why would they remove all those enemies? were they trying to make the game easier?

I read somewhere that the changes from 2 to Sigma 2 were to make the game difficult and stratigic like NGB is.

Totally didn't work lol.

I started playing the NG series with the sigma games and went out and got a 360 only for NGB/NG2.

Differences between the games is night and day. The sigma games should have never been made imo.

legacyzero

Banned
NG2... The only game that ever made me rage hard enough to break a controller.

0.jpg

Just block when he goes nuclear, they said!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Top Bottom