• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Hasney
Member
(11-16-2014, 10:32 AM)
Hasney's Avatar
Thought this was worth a thread, especially with a release day review embargo so the news may not get out.

Due to the videos that have come out, we now know that for some reason, a lot of match types have been removed. For instance, here's a screenshot of the Triple Threat match selection:

So based on videos that are out there now, unless Yuke's menu design is really horrible, this is what is missing:

Triple Threat Ladder, TLC, Table, Iron Man, Cage matches
Fatal Four Ladder, TLC, Table, Iron Man, Cage matches
Tonardo Tag Teams
Tag Team TLC, Ladder, Cage, Table
Handicap matches
1vs1 ladder match
Special Referee

Also missing is Match Creator, so changing DQ and count-outs may not even be possible as well as removing special outcomes.

Now if anyone thinks that some of this might just be because of the updates, the game might not be able to handle it... Well, 6 man MITB style ladder matches are in...



But hey, that shot shows "background matchmaking" and due to 2k's silence, no-one really knows what that is even and the game comes out on Tuesday EDIT: It's something to do with online. Remember, we're also missing creation modes here:

For WWE 2K15, we were unable to support new versions of Create-an-Arena, Custom Divas, Create-a-Championship and Story Designer. This decision was extremely difficult, but a necessary one, in order to deliver a more focused and polished game. The primary reason we did not announce these changes earlier is due to the team working until the last minute to retain as many features as possible

Here is the full list of what's missing:

Originally Posted by Foffy

Do we have a comprehensive list of all of the neutering? I can't wrap my head around how much is missing here.

Well first off, the match creator is gone. That means any sort of stipulations like finisher match, turning off countout, first blood matches or DQ in any match type and the like are gone. As for specific modes:

Creation modes
- Create a Diva
- Create a Title
- Create an Arena
- Custom Themes
- All custom entrances other than the guy talking on his phone. Only roster member entrances
- Create a Finisher
- Create a Story
- edit superstar threads (Edit Superstar takes up a CAW slot)
- 75 less caw slots
- unable to change the color of wrestler's face paint even with Edit Superstar (sting, warrior, etc..)
- less legends and still missing some current wrestlers (bret hart, scott hall, goldberg, alcia fox, heath slater etc...)
- have to buy $25 dlc to get important current roster diva paige. As well as jbl who should be in the game's roster as well and not dlc.

1 vs 1:

- Inferno
- Ladder
- I Quit
- 2 out of 3 Falls
- Special Referee (yet is in the showcase mode)
- Casket (yet is in the Showcase mode)
- 3 stages of hell (Yet is in the showcase mode)
- Backstage Brawl

2 vs 2:

- Tornado Tag
- Extreme Rules
- Hell in a Cell
- Ladder
- Steel Cage
- Table
- TLC
- Elimination Tornado
- Elimination Table
- Mixed
- Backstage Brawl

Triple Threat:

- Falls Count Anywhere
- 2 out of 3 Falls
- No DQ
- Ladder
- Steel Cage
- TLC
- Backstage Brawl

Fatal 4 Way/4-Man:

- Battle Royal
- Hell in a Cell
- Ladder
- Steel Cage
- Table
- TLC
- Falls Count Anywhere
- 2 out of 3 Falls
- No DQ
- Backstage Brawl

6-Man:

- Elimination Chamber Tag
- Championship Scramble (Was removed in 2k14, but notable still)

Handicap Matches

- All handicap matches

Last edited by Hasney; 11-17-2014 at 09:40 AM.
Gazkapop
Junior Member
(11-16-2014, 10:40 AM)
Gazkapop's Avatar


This can't be for real.

What reason could there possibly be for removing them? Do the last gen versions have these included?
Xater
Member
(11-16-2014, 10:41 AM)
Xater's Avatar
So are there more modes missing than there actually are in the game?
Hasney
Member
(11-16-2014, 10:42 AM)
Hasney's Avatar

Originally Posted by Gazkapop



This can't be for real.

What reason could there possibly be for removing them? Do the last gen versions have these included?

Yup. While last-gen had a bunch of modes cut for no reason in a reskin, it did keep all the match types present at least.
Acorn
Member
(11-16-2014, 10:45 AM)
Acorn's Avatar
WWE game cycle
A Link to the Past
Snitch
(11-16-2014, 10:45 AM)
A Link to the Past's Avatar
This sounds like last gen all over again. Anyone remember Madden 05 on Xbox 360 (I think it was 05)? It was the shittiest version because EA rushed it to market with fewer features than the PS2/XB versions.
Hasney
Member
(11-16-2014, 10:47 AM)
Hasney's Avatar

Originally Posted by A Link to the Snitch

This sounds like last gen all over again. Anyone remember Madden 05 on Xbox 360 (I think it was 05)? It was the shittiest version because EA rushed it to market with fewer features than the PS2/XB versions.

Yeah and I think they must have seen that and thought it was a great business model or something, because some of these match types are not in for no real reason, unless they want a bullet point for "what's new" in another game.
AssassiN
got the wrong hit
(11-16-2014, 10:48 AM)
AssassiN's Avatar
You can tell that 2K really wanted that March release date because they're clearly releasing an uundercooked game.
reptilescorpio
Member
(11-16-2014, 10:50 AM)
reptilescorpio's Avatar

Originally Posted by Gazkapop



This can't be for real.

What reason could there possibly be for removing them? Do the last gen versions have these included?

Season Pass DLC maybe?
Ban Puncher
The Console Industry:
Pop Pop Pop Pop
(11-16-2014, 10:50 AM)
Ban Puncher's Avatar
Move to next gen, graphical bump, strip out features and slowly add them back in over time as 'new features', repeat.



"I'LL BE A BILLIONAIRE AGAIN IN NO TIME I'M VINCE MCMAHON DAMNIT!"
Vylash
Member
(11-16-2014, 10:51 AM)
Vylash's Avatar
I guess Vince isn't the only carny in town

Metalmarc
Member
(11-16-2014, 10:54 AM)
Metalmarc's Avatar
Welcome to Next Gen : Features Not Included.

It's a bit like NHL
Dark Ninja
Member
(11-16-2014, 10:57 AM)
Dark Ninja's Avatar
So 2K is actually just trying to emulate the quality of the current WWE. ITS SHIT
HT UK
Member
(11-16-2014, 11:05 AM)
HT UK's Avatar
No tornado tag team matches!? What the fuck!
riskVSreward
Member
(11-16-2014, 11:09 AM)
riskVSreward's Avatar
Vince gives no fucks
Dr. Kitty Muffins
Member
(11-16-2014, 11:09 AM)
Dr. Kitty Muffins's Avatar
No more yearly updates please.
Nocturnowl
Member
(11-16-2014, 11:12 AM)
Nocturnowl's Avatar
This game is like a hilarious worst case scenario, you expect that when jumping to a new style of gameplay/engine for a wrestling game that you're going to lose a lot of previous content as the new framework is built and all these other extra features get added back in over the next few entries. Yet in this event they've lost features while still stuck with the outdated mess of years old gameplay, it gains nothing (except visuals not being complete dribble for the first time since 07/08?) and loses everything.

Wait, 1 on 1 ladder match and tornado tag are out? HOW?!

Doukou
Member
(11-16-2014, 11:13 AM)
Doukou's Avatar
Cena's head looks photoshopped in that first image.
fu3lfr3nzy
Member
(11-16-2014, 11:17 AM)
fu3lfr3nzy's Avatar


just replace the WM Logo with the 2K15 cover
Last edited by fu3lfr3nzy; 11-16-2014 at 11:22 AM.
Simply Sami
Member
(11-16-2014, 11:19 AM)

Originally Posted by AssassiN

You can tell that 2K really wanted that March release date because they're clearly releasing an uundercooked game.

I don't get it. Surely suits WWE to release it then with Wrestlmania hype.
gunstarhero
Member
(11-16-2014, 11:30 AM)
gunstarhero's Avatar
At least we still have 4p Elimination Chamber....right?
Hasney
Member
(11-16-2014, 11:31 AM)
Hasney's Avatar

Originally Posted by gunstarhero

At least we still have 4p Elimination Chamber....right?

Nah, it's now 6 man only... I don't even think that team options are in this year.
Dommo
Member
(11-16-2014, 11:41 AM)
Dommo's Avatar

Originally Posted by fu3lfr3nzy



just replace the WM Logo with the 2K15 cover

Last edited by Dommo; 11-16-2014 at 11:44 AM.
DoctorWho
BOSS
(11-16-2014, 11:49 AM)
DoctorWho's Avatar
A ladder match is TLC now. It's the same match technically. I do think table matches are in as well.
Look! The Pie!
Member
(11-16-2014, 11:54 AM)
Look! The Pie!'s Avatar
HAHAHAHAHAHA
This game is an absolute joke. Wasn't buying it anyway due to the lack of Diva CAWs and Create an Arena, among the myriad other issues, but this just seals it.
RandyBobandy
Banned
(11-16-2014, 11:56 AM)
Haha this game is such a mess

Anyone who buys this is part of the problem and the reason they do shit like this every year
Hasney
Member
(11-16-2014, 11:59 AM)
Hasney's Avatar

Originally Posted by DoctorWho

I do think table matches are in as well.

They are, they're just not selectable in triple threat or 4 way matches.
Tizoc
Memb-
(11-16-2014, 12:07 PM)
Tizoc's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dommo

Nice work.
ambar_hitman
Member
(11-16-2014, 12:10 PM)
ambar_hitman's Avatar
Preoder canceled. For real.

Will buy after reviews.
Lashley
Feel free to badger me if you need help with anything, after all my time is worthless.
(11-16-2014, 12:13 PM)
Lashley's Avatar
Anyone who buys this is a complete idiot and deserves to have wasted their money, tbh.

How can 2k pull shit like this and think they'll get away with it? This is meant to be a next gen game ffs.
Hasney
Member
(11-16-2014, 12:15 PM)
Hasney's Avatar
I said it in the other thread, but I was expecting creation modes to be dropped for the first year and I'm fine with that... if the match engine was up to scratch.

This is different though. Why are there not 3/4 way ladder/TLC matches when there's a 6 person one? It just feels like they are ripping things out for no reason now. From the videos, the stamina system might add a lot, but it still looks buggy as fuck, commentary is still awful and the crowd has no idea how to react.

Originally Posted by Lashley

Anyone who buys this is a complete idiot and deserves to have wasted their money, tbh.

How can 2k pull shit like this and think they'll get away with it? This is meant to be a next gen game ffs.

Yeah, it's been bought for me so I can be the canary in the mine giving impressions... But this has become a joke. Without these modes, it wouldn't even be my cheap yearly pre-owned purchase since it's even less of a drinking with friends game now.
funkystudent
Member
(11-16-2014, 12:17 PM)
funkystudent's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lashley

Anyone who buys this is a complete idiot and deserves to have wasted their money, tbh.

How can 2k pull shit like this and think they'll get away with it? This is meant to be a next gen game ffs.

In keeping with WWE brand messaging 2K has been given a opportunity to do something good and in good ol' WWE fashion, fumbled it at the first step.

Writing was on the wall once it became clear they did everything they could not to show any gameplay of the game until the last possible moments. (and even then not even a full match)
Dark Ninja
Member
(11-16-2014, 12:26 PM)
Dark Ninja's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lashley

Anyone who buys this is a complete idiot and deserves to have wasted their money, tbh.

How can 2k pull shit like this and think they'll get away with it? This is meant to be a next gen game ffs.

Yukes and THQ have been doing it for years so why not keep the tradition going. The games have been garbage for a while. I would say take a year off to work on them more but honestly it wouldn't help it would still be trash. Until Yukes is completely off the games and anything made by them is abandoned i have no hope in any of these games.
Lashley
Feel free to badger me if you need help with anything, after all my time is worthless.
(11-16-2014, 12:34 PM)
Lashley's Avatar
last game I enjoyed was probably wwe 13
Ban Puncher
The Console Industry:
Pop Pop Pop Pop
(11-16-2014, 12:36 PM)
Ban Puncher's Avatar
NJPW game will save_us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZOd2rzn1H4

Please be excited.
delSai
Member
(11-16-2014, 12:49 PM)
delSai's Avatar

Originally Posted by Man Puncher

NJPW game will save_us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZOd2rzn1H4

Please be excited.

Would import day 1 but it's probably something for ios :(
Nitemare1
Member
(11-16-2014, 12:52 PM)
Nitemare1's Avatar
WWE really needs to give this license to someone else.
When you look at the graphical and gameplay improvements in other one on one fighting games like mma and Boxing games over the years the WWE games are pretty depressing.
I know its a bit different because of match types and having more than two characters in a fight but still. I think they should be further along then they are.
Hasney
Member
(11-16-2014, 12:59 PM)
Hasney's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nitemare1

WWE really needs to give this license to someone else.
When you look at the graphical and gameplay improvements in other one on one fighting games like mma and Boxing games over the years the WWE games are pretty depressing.
I know its a bit different because of match types and having more than two characters in a fight but still. I think they should be further along then they are.

That's the thing though, it is with someone else now. They've managed to make it worse.
captainraincoat
Member
(11-16-2014, 01:01 PM)
captainraincoat's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hasney


So based on videos that are out there now, unless Yuke's menu design is really horrible, this is what is missing:

Triple Threat Ladder, TLC, Table, Iron Man, Cage matches
Fatal Four Ladder, TLC, Table, Iron Man, Cage matches
Tonardo Tag Teams
Tag Team TLC, Ladder, Cage, Table
Handicap matches
1vs1 ladder match
Special Referee


I have seen some ps4 streams of table matches and tornado tag....not sure why its not on the menus

edit...i could be wrong but it seemed like they were in career mode
Hasney
Member
(11-16-2014, 01:05 PM)
Hasney's Avatar

Originally Posted by captainraincoat

I have seen some ps4 streams of table matches and tornado tag....not sure why its not on the menus

edit...i could be wrong but it seemed like they were in career mode

I'll have a search around. When you say table matches, do you mean in general? Because they are in on one on one, but they're not triple-threat/Four way/tag from what I've seen. Hope I'm wrong on that one.

If you've seen it in career, hopefully it's not some stupid shit like that one year where special ref was in the career mode, but not selectable as a match.
captainraincoat
Member
(11-16-2014, 01:11 PM)
captainraincoat's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hasney

I'll have a search around. When you say table matches, do you mean in general? Because they are in on one on one, but they're not triple-threat/Four way/tag from what I've seen. Hope I'm wrong on that one.

If you've seen it in career, hopefully it's not some stupid shit like that one year where special ref was in the career mode, but not selectable as a match.

Edit sorry misread
i have only seen one on one tables.........there may also be different modes for online so heres hoping they have not tally EAed it
ksdixon
Member
(11-16-2014, 01:21 PM)

Originally Posted by Hasney

I'll have a search around. When you say table matches, do you mean in general? Because they are in on one on one, but they're not triple-threat/Four way/tag from what I've seen. Hope I'm wrong on that one.

If you've seen it in career, hopefully it's not some stupid shit like that one year where special ref was in the career mode, but not selectable as a match.


we have shit like that already. both Casket and 3 Stages Of Hell match take place in HHH vs HBK Showcase Mode, but are not available in exhibition mode.
Hasney
Member
(11-16-2014, 01:23 PM)
Hasney's Avatar

Originally Posted by ksdixon

we have shit like that already. both Casket and 3 Stages Of Hell match take place in HHH vs HBK Showcase Mode, but are not available in exhibition mode.

Shit, didn't realise casket was in the showcase mode. Three stages of hell I can understand, since it will just be 3 matches broken up by cutscenes to load the next one in.
Jamie OD
Member
(11-16-2014, 01:24 PM)
Jamie OD's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bojan11

I don't get it. Surely suits WWE to release it then with Wrestlmania hype.

It helps their 4th Quarter finances to release it in November. This period is usually WWE's weakest point of the year since there are no more major events to build towards until the Royal Rumble in January.
Shark Johnson
Why yes, I am on Xbox LIVE. How did you know?
(11-16-2014, 01:27 PM)
Shark Johnson's Avatar
Where is theclosetfan to complain about people not waiting until the real release day or whatever?

Maybe there will be a Day One update to add all these match types to the game. Maybe there will be an update to add the fun too.
DoctorWho
BOSS
(11-16-2014, 01:29 PM)
DoctorWho's Avatar
What bother me is that the cuts don't really make any sense at all. I think the match types must have been one of the last things they were working on when rushing the game out the door.

I sort of dodged a bullet with this one though since I don't really play any of those modes in 3-4 player configurations. I know 16 years ago I'd be pissed since triple threat couch play was a regular thing for me and my friends in No Mercy.

The creation suite cut content hurt more even though I was expecting it.

Originally Posted by Shark Johnson

Where is theclosetfan to complain about people not waiting until the real release day or whatever?

Maybe there will be a Day One update to add all these match types to the game. Maybe there will be an update to add the fun too.

People really need to stop shitting on theclosetfan. He didn't show any more excitement for the game than I did in the other thread yet Bobo singled him out as punching bag.
Last edited by DoctorWho; 11-16-2014 at 01:31 PM.
Rapstah
Member
(11-16-2014, 01:30 PM)
Rapstah's Avatar
They should have let people play casket matches. It's weird, they've had assets for the coffin (casket???) in story mode cut scenes forever now, but I guess since they haven't had a real casket match for years they didn't feel like putting in a match type.

WWE '13 had Inferno matches available for normal play despite the only Inferno match in the story mode being a heavily scripted Kane/Undertaker one.
RBH
Member
(11-16-2014, 01:35 PM)
RBH's Avatar
Unbelievable.

And unfortunately, people are still going to buy this shit and support it (as evidenced by this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...&highlight=wwe
Forkball
Member
(11-16-2014, 01:38 PM)
Forkball's Avatar
Lesnar: Yukes
Cena: Consumer

Zombine
Member
(11-16-2014, 01:40 PM)
Zombine's Avatar
So glad I canceled my preorder. Will pick up at $20.

Thread Tools