• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf... Pick my next game from the list below.

e5NFFzQ.gif

Yeah, I'm gona have to get back into playing Bayo 1 on the PS3 (don't have a Wii U yet)

FireCloud

Been a while since I played the first game, but something seems different about the art style with Bayonetta 2. Was her head so small in the first game? From all of the recent pictures I've seen I'm not sure that the sequel is an improvement over the first one in that regards.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Been a while since I played the first game, but something seems different about the art style with Bayonetta 2. Was her head so small in the first game? From all of the recent pictures I've seen I'm not sure that the sequel is an improvement over the first one in that regards.

Here's one explanation: Two of the lead art directors of Bayonetta 1, Naoki Katakai and Ikumi Nakamura, left Platinum Games and joined Tango Gameworks and worked on The Evil Within. They appeared in a lot of TEW promotional material and interviews towards release, how I remember this.

phanphare

Banned

yes it was, she just had a different hairstyle

you can unlock her costume from Bayonetta 1

Adaren

Yeah, she has the same proportions as the first game. It's probably moreso that she's a giant woman than that her head is unreasonably small.

EDIT: Bayonetta 2.

ta155

There is fun to be had with MCC and Unity but in their current state I'd hold off, even if you're a super fan of either series.

I think Far Cry looks great but as you're grabbing GTA it might be a nice change of pace from open world shenanigans if you plumped for Bayonetta.

Halo MCC

Paying full price for Bayonetta 2 seems a bit silly as it will be bargain bin fodder in a few weeks and both ubi games should be avoided until they have a price drop or two.

boo_this_man.gif

haters_gonna_hate.gif

Nothing against any of those games individually (at least, nothing stated). However, my standard answer to all video game multiple choice questions is buy nothing, keep your money at least until you don't need a group of strangers deciding for you. If the answer isn't obviously one, the answer is obviously none. A little self control against wasteful, kneejerk spending can go a long way.

Grimsen

I think Bayonetta 2 is a good choice. I don't own a Wii U, but I played a bit of it at a friend's house, and it's great.

Far Cry might be a good choice too, but I'd wait for more impressions.

If you are already gonna be playing GTA5 I don't see why you need another game for at least 3 weeks.

Bayo 2 and Halo MCC are games you will probably keep around a long time, long replay values.

Far Cry 4 is a one shot game, you play you are finished then you can trade it in. Similar to GTA5 though.

Definitely NOT AC5, I played through it last week and traded it in. Was pretty awful.

I'm picking up GTA5 and Far Cry 4 tomorrow, I already have Halo MCC (unopened still) and will wait on Bay 2 until it either goes on sale or I finish my current backlog.

phanphare

Banned
Nothing against any of those games individually (at least, nothing stated). However, my standard answer to all video game multiple choice questions is buy nothing, keep your money at least until you don't need a group of strangers deciding for you. If the answer isn't obviously one, the answer is obviously none. A little self control against wasteful, kneejerk spending can go a long way.

well in this case the answer is obviously one of them

but I was just teasing anyway

FireCloud

If you're already picking up GTA V for a new gen console, then Bayonetta 2 may be the best game to give you some variety. Not that I've played any of the others but a collection of FPSs and a first person action game may seem to samey if you get into playing GTA in first person mode.

I enjoyed the first Bayonetta. I don't have a Wii U or I'd give the second one a try. But out of the ones you listed, that's the one I'd go for.

Top Bottom