• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seriously considering the Xbox1 over the ps4

gtmax

I've gotten every system day 1 except for this generation. I got my money ready and the plan was to buy the ps4. However, thinking about it now, I can't think of any real reason why i should. I'm in there for racing games and I got a ps3 over an 360 because of the wheel support.

Sony seems to have fucked up wheel support and most of all, no DLNA so far. I usually got the PS and then waited for the Xbox and then the 360 to drop big in price and pick up some good used games. Now i'm thinking of doing the opposite.

I can get the 360 for much less money, pick up Forza used and GTAV for about the price of a ps4. Then when GT7 comes out pick up a ps4 then.

Does the Xbox1 have DLNA? Anyone that have only one system so far pine away for the other?

Amir0x

Banned
Get XB1 by the sounds of it. It has DLNA (goddamn it whhy PS4 where is it).

By the sounds of it you already made the smart choice for your situation.

Buy a PS4 when GT7 comes out as you suggest.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
As a launch owner of both, the very first game I have purchased for my Xbox One is MCC(and I can't even play it yet)

Where I have around 20 Disc games for PS4, plus all of my PS+ Library.

PS4 all the way. Unless you really like watching TV using Kinect voice commands. (Which I do)

jesu

I won't pine for a PS4 until Naughty Dog start making games.
Just get the one you want games for now and get the other later.

X1 has decent DNLA support now(mkv and that)

MavFan619

Banned
Yes Xbox One has DLNA support it's pretty awesome. I wish my PS4 did as well I like using it to put different backgrounds on my Xbone.

XB1 would make more sense right now if all you want is racing games and DLNA.
That said, if that's all I want for consoles, I rather wait till next year and spend my money on upgrading the PC.

Tagyhag

If I remember correctly, the X1 got full DLNA support in October.

Anyway, I assume you meant the X1 in your OP so I say go for it. You already sound like you made up your mind and now's a good time with the holiday bundles.

Like you said, you can pick up the PS4 when GT7 is here.

Yuterald

I've got both and I much prefer my Bone to the PS4, at the moment. I'm sure that will change when Bloodborne drops, but between D4, Killer Instinct, Sunset Overdrive and a few other cool games (I'm in the minority and really enjoyed Crimson Dragon, for example), I think it's a pretty rad system. Scalebound and Phantom Dust will only make it even cooler.

Krejlooc

Banned
If the problem is wheel support, why not look into the Alienware alpha. Any wheel you could use on the PS3, you can use on the Alpha, and it has Live for Speed, Assetto Corsa, iRacing, and Project Cars is coming soon enough.

You can install XBMC on it and it'll do anything the Xbox One can do in terms of media and a whole lot more. It even has an HDMI-in port.

Eggbok

I dunno man, PS4 has an additional 180ps.

i2aHQ67LgfTrx.gif

Yes the XBO has DLNA streaming. By all means pick it up, there's enough to play in most genres to keep your interest. You can always pick up a PS4 next year.

Bgamer90

Banned
If DNLA is that important to you then yeah, it's pretty much the only choice.

Both consoles are solid in terms of game support and giving you an experience that's much better than last gen. Can't go wrong with either really -- simply depends on what features/games you are interested in more.

Sony seems to have fucked up wheel support and most of all, no DLNA so far.

Well switching to Xbox means you'll have to buy a new wheel anyway. FWIW, Sony has left it up to developers/peripheral manufacturers to enable wheel support in their games. MS on the other hand has flat out not even made it an option.

daman824

The ps4 isn't going anywhere. Get the system that best suits your needs first. And for you, that sounds like the xb1

You can't go wrong with either console. There's tradeoffs and opportunity costs between buying 1 over the other, and there always will be.

mr2xxx

Banned
Sounds like a good plan. At least you have a preference for games which makes it easy because they are the most important factor. Forza and Horizon vs just Driveclub makes it a easy choice.

NickFire

if all you care about is racing games there doesn't seem to be much reason to get a ps4 present day. I personally prefer ps4 this gen, but if I were a racing enthusiast I may feel differently for now.

Krejlooc

Banned
Old gen wheels are not supported I believe. I thought the XBO had the same issues though.

His mindset is that he was going to buy a PS4 because he could use his PS3 wheels. Since the PS4 doesn't have that benefit, the advantage that was making him choose the PS4 is gone. Examining the systems on equal footing he's now leaning Xbox One.

Although, I'm pretty sure you can use any PS3 wheel on either system with a Chronus MAX.

Buy what you what to buy. If you have your mind made up, then go with that choice.

There is literally no point to threads like this other than inciting console wars.

Storm360

Sounds like you want a xbox one right now, media wise the Xbox destroys the PS4, and it's the only console with MKV support if that's a big deal for you.

Racing game wise you have the two forza's on Xbox, Need for Speed etc, PS4 you have the multiplats like Need for Speed, and also Driveclub, although I'm not sure it's been fixed yet

Principate

Saint Titanfall
As a launch owner of both, the very first game I have purchased for my Xbox One is MCC(and I can't even play it yet)

Where I have around 20 Disc games for PS4, plus all of my PS+ Library.

PS4 all the way. Unless you really like watching TV using Kinect voice commands. (Which I do)

Why the fuck did you buy it, unless your in some super late tier 3 country.

If you're into sim racing, there's nothing on either platform that's worth investing at this time. Just stick to the PS3 or get a nice PC.

If you're all about racing on a console the XB1 is a better choice right now. Forza 5, Forza Horizon 2, available now and Project Cars & Forza 6 in 2015. By the time GT7 comes out the PS4 will be cheaper.

Who is more in tune with your own taste than yourself? I don't know what you were expecting or wanted fromt he replies in this thread. Give us our opinion on how important DLNA and wheel support is to our purchasing habits? Why would that influence yours?

gtmax

Yeah to be honest i have a preference for the PS since it's been the goto system for me. But i'm more about games at the end of the day. And i have a ps3 in good shape with plenty of racing games and a G25.

I have to go with my head and not be a fanboy. And i won't have to wait until black friday for a ps4

Thanks for the input though much appreciate!

Both offer very little to me, but the few exclusives I'm interested in are spread across both platforms, so I'm not sure yet either. Seems like D4 is dead already, which is kind of a minus for the bone.
Currently I'm also still okay with my PS3 (and 3DS).

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
I'm the opposite of you. One would think I would jump into the xb1 ecosystem given my tastes but I got a $267 used ps4 on its way to me along with a $20 last of us digital code waiting for my first time play through. Gonna feel like a virgin on his/her wedding day me thinks

Elandyll

Banned
XB1 seems to make the most sense indeed. F5 and FH2 on top of DLNA for your priorities. Unfortunately neither console got it right as far as wheels go it seems :(

Illucio

Banned
It all depends on what you like.

I'm sticking with Sony because they have never disappointed me towards the end of their console cycle. My consoles has never broke and I love the selection of titles they have at the end of their cycle, most of them are new IP's that carry over to the new generation with a huge backlog of great IP's getting remakes or sequels. They just simply have the certain kinds of games that I like.

In comparison Xbox never had games I liked. (Xbox changed this with Sunset Overdrive. That's ONE game I like..... (I didn't mean to make that pun on purpose I SWEAR. It just happened...)

I think the best way to settle this is to look at all the big upcoming games for both consoles and ask yourself what sounds more appealing to you.

Top Bottom