• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's gonna be your holiday game?

Slixshot

Banned
I have a feelin it's gonna be Smash and the Master Chief Collection once it gets working. Maybe Dragon Age if I can't resist waiting for a GOTY edition

Euron

Shadow of Mordor and either GTA5 or Bayonetta 2. Possibly a bit of MCC on another family member's X1. Saving Smash Bros for Christmas along with Dragon Age and Far Cry 4.

RPGCrazied

Don't have just one. But mostly Smash, Shadows of Mordor and Dragon Age: Inquisition with a side order of Warlords of Draenor.

Oh, forgot about Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Remix!

jakeumms

Smash if the controller bundles get restocked but realistically I will probably still be on my Halo mega replay. I'm near the end of H2A but I'm gonna play ODST and Reach too. May even throw in Halo Wars at the end.

Neiteio

This Thanksgiving? Smash Smash Smash

Still have Alpha Sapphire in shrink-wrap. Nintendo, you crazy loons with your feast-or-famine release schedules.

For Christmas, I'll be asking for Captain Toad and Hyrule Warriors. :-O

jacobeid

Banned
Smash and
finally
Wind Waker HD. I'm also going to replay Bayonetta because I only ran through it once :(

I think MCC missed its chance to wow me now that Smash is here, but I still want to finish Halo 2's campaign at least. Once I'm done with Far Cry my PS4 will get turned off again until Bloodborne comes out.

So far it's Valkyria Chronicles PC. Come December 8th, it'll be Captain Toad on the Wii U. And also The Last Guardian on PS4... ... ...

SubtleTea

I think Persona Q will eat up alot of time for me, also I've never played valkyria chronicles before and the pc port is in my steam library waiting to be played, so yeah those two ^^

hatchx

Banned
Smash Bros.

It's like a religion to me and my little brother and we only see each other arounds holidays/vacations.

He will probably destroy me, but I will use the skill and knowledge I have gained from losing to him, and use it to beat my friends. He's really good.

I have a pretty large pile of unstarted games I could try out, but I'm currently playing Alpha Sapphire and I'll probably still be working on it into next month.
(especially if we get Battle Frontier DLC)

For December, I'm leaning towards DKC: Tropical Freeze and Arkham Origins, as those seem apropos for the season (and I'd like to be able to consider the former for my GOTY list). I'm probably going to order Theatrhythm CC and Danganronpa soon, but it's anyone's guess as to whether I'll actually play those next month, or 5 years from now.

Maybe Dragon Age. Not sure yet.
I actually like a Christmassy set game for the holiday, last year was perfect with Arkham Origins. Not so much for this year.

Corine

Probably Dark Souls PC since it's getting rid of that awful gfwl. Two days till the Steam sale though so a lot can change in the next week :)

Theodran

I'll be juggling between World of Warcraft, Sunset Overdrive, Halo: MCC, Dragon Age, and GTA V. The best part? I have no holidays (since glorious Nippon does not recognize Christmas). Hopefully I'll be able to play something over the new year, but right now, the outlook is pretty dark...

Ibuki

Banned
So many games.

Persona Q, or Pokemon Alpha Sapphire.

I'm sure there is a lot more I will be playing but I think those will get the most playtime.

A lot of Dragon Age. I'm only a couple hours in, but this is a game I will probably be playing for the next few months. I'll definitely also be digging into Far Cry 4, Little Big Planet 3, and the Wii U catalog since I just bought one this weekend, including first and foremost, Bayonetta 2!

Paertan

Will be staying at home with my parents and siblings. So Diablo 3 couch coop with my brother and some Destiny probably. Maybe get him into Blacklight Retribution or Warframe. And he will force me to play whatever NHL is the newest. NHL 14? 15?

Smether

Just spent all of last year on GTA V, would do it again this year but there are so many other games out. I just got Shadow of Mordor and would like to spend some time on that before it gets 'overshadowed' by other big games I want to get.

Persona7

Banned
eh, I don't know what else is coming out but I did get smash bros. Maybe captain toad or a random GOG game. I don't know yet.

red731

GTAV for sure. I've found pretty awesome peeps to play with and I need to finish the story again and again.

LaNaranja

Smash, Mario Kart 8 and Hyrule Warriors still have plenty of fun to give. If I have any extra money I will pick up either Pokemon or GTA V.

Kater

Banned
I'm planning on getting Magicka for some Co-op gaming with a friend and Smash Bros U for when people come over on drinking nights and for online matches. And Persona Q for some playtime in bed. That should cover the whole of December, gaming-wise.

ChrisD

Persona Q for my "active" game -- that is to say, you kind of have to actively play it or you forget important stuff or just get out of the groove.

Project Diva F2nd for pick up and play.

Smash Bros 4 for when people are over.

Maybe Toad Treasure Tracker after Christmas. Not sure yet. Have plenty to keep me sated at the moment!

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Lat year, I used to holiday to get back to all the indies that was released throughout 2013, and i plan to do the same this year. Really looking forward to it!

AC Unity (XBO).

I'm yet to buy the game cause i don't know if it's worth it due to all the problems i've read.

Unless someone here can tell me it's sorted now or its not totally unplayable?

Top Bottom