• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth |OT| -- No Dating, Just Dungeons

Man, tomorrow is going to be a good day between this and Akiba PS4.

Looks like I'll be going risky P3 protag, with Yukari, Mitsuru, and Rise on support. Haven't decided on the last two, but I'm leaning toward Koromaru and maybe Teddie.

Nachos

So what's the party system in this game, looks like five to a party? Will be hard to choose who I want with such a big cast. ;_;
You can have up to five characters per party – either three in the front and two in the back, or two in the front and three in the back.

They are not, but are useful early game for P4 side due to lack of a multi-target healer. Late game they're not too great since they can't use sub personas.
I'd actually disagree. They're less capable of sustaining excursions as long as the other characters, but they're really good against FOEs and bosses, since they have higher base stats and HP/SP to compensate for not having personas. If also say that they're one of the only three units that can work in either row, with the other two being Yu and Aigis.

I'm still debating between going Hard or Risky difficulty.
I think hard's the way to go. Risky didn't seem properly balanced for giving you an instant game over if your leader died, and all of the difficulty changes just seemed like they changed a few modifiers and called it a day. Hard has enough challenge without feeling cheap, and it sounds like the difficulty ramps up towards the tail-end of the game anyway.

Lord help you if you're using the P3 hero, since he has low vitality and a fixed darkness weakness, in a game where enemies hit hard and instant-kill skills have a higher rate of success than in any other Persona game.

abrack08

Ugh, I thought my Best Buy order was supposed to be release day delivery, but it's not set to arrive until 11/26 now :(

Tomorrow's gonna go soooo sloooooow

I think hard's the way to go. Risky didn't seem properly balanced for giving you an instant game over if your leader died, and all of the difficulty changes just seemed like they changed a few modifiers and called it a day. Hard has enough challenge without feeling cheap, and it sounds like the difficulty ramps up towards the tail-end of the game anyway.

Lord help you if you're using the P3 hero, since he has low vitality and a fixed darkness weakness, in a game where enemies hit hard and instant-kill skills have a higher rate of success than in any other Persona game.
Wellll shit. Maybe risky isn't the way to go. Typically go hardest difficulty on EO but Persona hard modes always did seem like unbalanced grindfests. Plus, definitely using P3 hero. We'll see.

Frogstep

Great work on the OT!

Been playing for a few days and as someone who briefly played EO but loves Persona, I'm really digging this. :)

chrono01

My Llimited Edition shipped today from Amazon.ca Here's hoping I actually get it non-damaged.

Who am I kidding?
Of course I won't. ;_;

ohlawd

oh man

I'm only playing this game once

overall, I like P3's cast more than 4.

But 4 has Rise

I'm going 4. gah dammit.

Teknoman

Cant you mix teams anyway?

At any rate, I need to finish Link between worlds before I start this >_< I have one more sage to rescue.

P3 protag for me off the bat since I like the P3 version of the battle themes more.

epmode

Can you mix and match the cast from each game? I think I want to go P4 for the battle music but I don't know how much else the choice will affect.

syncyes

Amazon estimates me getting my collector's edition on December 2nd :(

Sometimes I really feel like I should just suck it up and get Amazon Prime.

I think I'm going to try to go with an all-girl team if possible. Haha.

PK Gaming

what do supports even do? does Fuuka have skills Rise doesn't?

They have different sets of abilities (that can be activated via the leader skill menu). Fuuka specializes in healing, whereas Rise can allow your characters to move before enemies.

It should go without saying that Rise is much better.

scy

They have different sets of abilities (that can be activated via the leader skill menu). Fuuka specializes in healing, whereas Rise can allow your characters to move before enemies.

Rise is always better.

spiritfox

You can also equip sub-Personas on them to give additional navi skills.

Also, Rise is overrated.

Atlas157

Currently on the second dungeon after fighting some
F.O.Es

Post teams everyone!

Front: Yu, Kanji, Koromaru
Back: Zen & Rei, Yukiko

I'm enjoying the game so far, I just wish this wasn't released along with Alpha Sapphire since I'm tempted to start Alpha Sapphire.

I don't have the game yet, but mine will be

Front: P3 MC, Aigis, Akihiko
Back: Yukiko, Naoto
Support: Fuuka

I think Aigis is recommended for the back row but someone on GAF posted that she's really good at the front, is that true?

Wait, this is out today? I thought it was out 28/11.

Oh well, the money that I would spend on this I will use on the deals that Nintendo announced for the Black Friday. Besides, can't justify paying 49.99 for the game without the Tarot cards.

I'm kind of surprised it already says preparing for shipment for me since I got free shipping, and the estimated arrival isn't until Dec. 2-8. I was almost thinking of cancelling and just getting it digitally lol, but I guess this is good since I literally just bought Okami HD and still have quite a few other games in my backlog I could finish before this arrives.

Lusankya

The dates and prices (US version) for the various DLC items are on the homepage:
http://www.atlus.com/personaq/special/

Sub-Personas
Kaguya - 25/11/14 - for free
Orpheus Telos - 02/12/14 - for free
Thanatos - 02/12/14 - $1.99
Magatsu-Izanagi - 02/12/14 - $1.99

I heard that the first two personas are actually better/more helpful than the paid personas. So no p2w!

Navi voices
Margaret - 09/12/14 - $2.99
Elizabeth - 09/12/14 - $2.99
Theodore - 09/12/14 - $2.99
Marie - 16/12/14 - $2.99
Nanako - 16/12/14 -$2.99

Anyone knows if the Japanese version got a bundle? Otherwise steep $15 for all 5 navi voices. I guess I'll just take one, either Marie or Elizabeth. I'd like to get Margaret as well, but I don't dig her new voice actress.

Rootbeer

Banned
i cancelled my limited edition and got the regular instead. kind of bummed... but there is no way i'd use the case it comes with even though it looks GREAT. the artbook is nice but pretty small. as for the music cd, a great collectible but i'll just get it digitally. Didn't feel worth the $30 extra to me. :(

Wish they'd given us some cool figures or something instead...

But I'm still ultra pumped for the game itself! Mine shipped so it's on schedule for tomorrow, whoohoo!

bobohoro

Still no idea who will be in my party. Or which protag I'm gonna go with. Too many good choices here. But I have time until mondey to decide, I guess. And to finish off SMTIV.

Dantis

Pretty nice that we get this the same week in the UK as the US do.

Still annoying that I have to wait until Friday when everyone else gets it today.

Also, I keep seeing people say that it's like 80 hours long, and I wonder how accurate that is. I'll be very surprised if it takes me 80 hours to get through it.

Hag

So there's an ending for each path or just one true end?

Never played EO so I'm curious to see the gameplay in this. Just waiting my copy

krossj

Really looking forward to this. Pick up my copy at the end of the week in EU land, unsure of when i'll get round to it.

Top Bottom