• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Gold Wireless Headset $39.99 at Target

My store had a tag saying "Playstation Gold Wireless Heads... $39.99 as Advertised" and it was never Advertised.... So, it was no pricing mistake, maybe a failed advertising mistake?

Same at my store. Happy to have scored the last one but I'm pretty sure this isn't a pricing mistake.

mrndkra

OMG it worked. I never get good deals! Ran into Target and got the last one with everyone looking at me like I'm crazy for wanting a headset. GAF came through on this one.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Alright. So now that whether it's a pricing error or not is out of the way
it isn't an error
I just need someone to tell me that when I go to pick up my pair tomorrow I'll be able to price match it when I do so. Either return then buy them or just do it at the customer service line. Either way, I don't regret it because who knows how many they had/have?

Holy mackeral. Just when I lost all hope in getting one at the second Target I visited tonight, this wonderful lady at CS helped me out and managed to get the last one they had in inventory into my hands. Thanks to that employee and thank you, GAF! =]

jediyoshi

Picked up the last one at my store

Phew

g1M0k57.jpg

JveB2ct.jpg

Got it. Bought it online but apparently they don't process checkout until you pick it up. So even though when you checkout online it says $75.99 once you get to the checkout at CS and the process it then you get the real discount.

I managed to get a White one because the last remaining one the guy brought out from the back was a White one. Rang up for full price at the counter but they marked it down to $39.99 after confirming the price of the black? one.

JveB2ct.jpg

Got it. Bought it online but apparently they don't process checkout until you pick it up. So even though when you checkout online it says $75.99 once you get to the checkout at CS and the process it then you get the real discount.

How's the comfort of the headphones? I haven't opened mine yet.

I managed to get a White one because the last remaining one the guy brought out from the back was a White one. Rang up for full price at the counter but they marked it down to $39.99 after confirming the price of the black? one.
What?????????!!!!!
I'd prefer the White ones since I have a White PS4 but since everyone said its a no go I didn't even attempt to ask smh.

Can someone explain why you would need headphones for a console? Is the sound significantly better than coming from the TV or something?

graywolf323

Gold Member
sorta tempted at this crazy price but do I go out now at 1am or risk waiting until morning and finding out it was a glitch and has been fixed...

seat

Admittedly I'm no audiophile, but I love this headset and I can't believe it's this cheap now. It's great as a wired headset for phones as well.

Dante316

Can someone explain why you would need headphones for a console? Is the sound significantly better than coming from the TV or something?

Guessing from that question, your new to gaming headsets, besides chatting with friends, you can hear tiny details in the worlds of games. Rain drops, convos, steps of enemies. It adds alot of immersion to it.

Hip Hop

Anything sounds better than speakers coming from the TV. That's where you would get the worst sound quality.

Best route is to go with headphones or standalone speakers/soundbar.

Rur0ni

Went to a Target that said it was in stock. Looked around, didn't even see a spot where it would have been stocked. Talked to a rep and showed him, told me I was like the 5th person to ask. Figure any of the dozen targets around here are probably cleaned out.

Dante316

Went to a Target that said it was in stock. Looked around, didn't even see a spot where it would have been stocked. Talked to a rep and showed him, told me I was like the 5th person to ask. Figure any of the dozen targets around here are probably cleaned out.

Stacked near ps4 section, next to controllers and accessories.

If any gaffer sees an extra one, I would be forever grateful if you picked it up for me, I'm in the US. I'd pay shipping plus a little something extra for you. Would be a super cool holiday season type thing :)

Flandy

If any gaffer sees an extra one, I would be forever grateful if you picked it up for me, I'm in the US. I'd pay shipping plus a little something extra for you. Would be a super cool holiday season type thing :)

I'll see if I can't find one tomorrow after work.

marrec

Banned
Just wanted to add:

These are very comfortable headphones, good sound, decent mic, and wireless. Despite being wireless they have really good battery life.

I picked them up for 85 dollars and thought they were well worth it so for 40 dollars its kind of a no brainer.

Armaly

Just went to my Target 15 minutes after it opened. Super crowded ofcourse and the headset was sold out. Price tag on the empty rack was $99.99 so I doubt that I could have got it price matched at Best Buy.

Is "Wireless Stereo Headset" the same thing?

On the target website it shows a picture of this on the item page, but the thumbnail has the blue undercolor.

I called my Target and it sounds like they have this one, but not the box that says "Gold Wireless Stereo Headset"

Pic

I'm guessing it may be slightly different? Sort of like the look of the "Gold" branded anyway, but this shows under the "Gold" dsecription on the website so it's just misleading.

Flandy

On the target website it shows a picture of this on the item page, but the thumbnail has the blue undercolor.

I called my Target and it sounds like they have this one, but not the box that says "Gold Wireless Stereo Headset"

Pic
No.
That's like 3 years old.

Okay cool. It was odd because the associate I talked to on the phone scanned the tag for the on sale 39.99 one, and checked it the back and this matched the UPC, so either my Target has really old shit or be careful you guys don't get this older set.

and thanks again. :)

Phreak47

Pic

I'm guessing it may be slightly different? Sort of like the look of the "Gold" branded anyway, but this shows under the "Gold" dsecription on the website so it's just misleading.

The picture is the old model from about 2 years ago. You want the "Gold" one, that's the newer one.

Illucio

Banned
The headset is now available and in stock at Amazon for $70 each. So this is our chance! Hurry and tell Amazon about it being $40 at Target in store!

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
JveB2ct.jpg

That's just absolutely perfect. Even better. Since that's the exact situation I'm in.
Cheap gamers are scary quick. I heard someone on hold when I called a Walmart for that $60 WiiU bundle.
I'll check for you too. The way this is going I'm lined up to buy 4 of these things.
I'll see if I can't find one tomorrow after work.
Hmmm. I'll be out and about earlier probably. Will update in the thread.

Flandy

So I hear that the Infamous Second Son custom setup from the companion app is the best overall setup for most games. This true?

SpecX

Got one ordered for store pick up and going to swing by to grab it on the way into work tomorrow. According to the email confirmation, they don't charge you till you pick it up, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed it rings in at the lower price, otherwise I will try the cancel and repurchase trick for the $39 deal. Hopefully this isn't a glitch and only a doorbuster deal so I can still get it at this price, otherwise I'll still settle for the $69 since I need a good headset when I do my late night gaming.

Top Bottom