• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Rocket League - Announce Trailer for PS4!

5taquitos

Verified the US beta keys are active, should be going out soon. I'll try to post a batch here later today.

I grabbed one, thanks! Unfortunately, I'm not sure which because I was getting errors. It wasn't until I checked my Download list that I found one of them went through.

Edit: So it turns out I had gotten an invite in the email this morning! First person to quote this can grab it (NA key):

Oh man I can't wait for this. I loved the first one so much, and even the thumbnail with the badass metal song!

I grabbed one, thanks! Unfortunately, I'm not sure which because I was getting errors. It wasn't until I checked my Download list that I found one of them went through.

Edit: So it turns out I had gotten an invite in the email this morning! First person to quote this can grab it (NA key):

EDIT - Looks like AndyD beat me to it. I quoted you and THEN tried to get it. Oh well :p

AndyD

aka andydumi

Got it thanks!

Hah, just got a code by email. Xeno, PM me.

Just played my friend in 3 matches, won all three and last two went to overtime. Second match we were tied at 6-6 with 5 seconds left so I stopped and waited for overtime, then he made a good hit straight for my goal but time ran out at half a second before the ball could score! Man this game is great!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Just played my friend in 3 matches, won all three and last two went to overtime. Second match we were tied at 6-6 with 5 seconds left so I stopped and waited for overtime, then he made a good hit straight for my goal but time ran out at half a second before the ball could score! Man this game is great!
It's much tighter than the first. Veteran players should acclimate well.

BSpot

I totally hand waved the first game, didn't even play it. It looked like silly throwaway downloadable title nonsense. However, that was apparently a mistake if it was even half as good as this one, because this one is just compelling as hell.

Yes, you'll flounder around a lot, and it's funny. But you'll also do a lot better than you'll expect to in a chaotic physics game. (Which, I guess means the controls are well put together, etc...)

On my radar now, for sure...

This game is hype as hell. Don't understand why this series doesn't get more attention.
Because when you tell your friends "Hey, check out Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars!" their first instinct is laugh. You then tell them it's soccer in cars and they think it's lame. It's not until you actually play it that you realize how wonderfully awesome it is.

Luckily the first one did have a demo and made it's price down to $3 (because of that I ended up buying a few copies for friends who were hesitant). Hopefully the new name helps out with the popularity.

Because when you tell your friends "Hey, check out Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars!" their first instinct is laugh. You then tell them it's soccer in cars and they think it's lame. It's not until you actually play it that you realize how wonderfully awesome it is.

Luckily the first one did have a demo and made it's price down to $3 (because of that I ended up buying a few copies for friends who were hesitant). Hopefully the new name helps out with the popularity.

My friends thought it sounded awesome from the description lol

My friends thought it sounded awesome from the description lol
Well for what it's worth all my friends now love the title as well and refuse to call this anything other than Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars 2. Just initially guys they thought it sounded like some low quality cheap gimmick game or something.

moogrose

Having had a couple of evening sessions now, this game is incredible. Hopefully this does really well for the developers. They deserve the success.

moogrose

I actually really enjoyed the original game on the ps3, but stopped playing rather early on for some odd reason... Won't make that same mistake again.

Anyone up for some games, add me on PSN.

Apparently they're only going to do standard maps with different environments because that's the most Urban was the most popular in SARPBC. That is saddening, as a more casual player I loved maps like Cosmic, Utopia, and even Galleon

refuse to call this anything other than Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars 2

Same with me and my friends (well most of the time)

Whenever I tell people the title, they usually find it so silly and over the top that they're interested in hearing more :p

Plays just like the original, so much fun. I'll be putting the beta to use.

Apparently they redid the physics system and the cars actually travel slower than in the original game to encourage more deliberate and precise tactics. (something like that)

Felt the same to me though.

I hope that releasing it on steam gives the game more mainstream exposure. It's a shame how the first game was one of the best games on PS3 but almost nobody knew it existed...

Cess007

Played a 1vs1 Match yesterday. It was as fun as i remember; but prettier. Can't wait for the final release :D

I hope that releasing it on steam gives the game more mainstream exposure. It's a shame how the first game was one of the best games on PS3 but almost nobody knew it existed...

I won't lie, i can't even remember how i got the first game. I was scrolling through my PS3 and suddenly realized i had this game lol the game really deserves more recognition

Played a 1vs1 Match yesterday. It was as fun as i remember; but prettier. Can't wait for the final release :D

I won't lie, i can't even remember how i got the first game. I was scrolling through my PS3 and suddenly realized i had this game lol the game really deserves more recognition

I don't remember it either lol. I think I got it during a free month of PS+ and decided to buy it afterwards because it was so great, but I'm not sure. I do know that I had never heard of it before I got to try it out.

Three

Played a lot of the original on PS3. What actually made me interested in the original was remembering the fun I had with 4 player splitscreen Street Racer on the SNES if anyone remembers that:

28292.jpg

Going to get Rocket league too.

Top Bottom