• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited edition PS4 availability

Mafia Films

Neo Member
If it was grey it would be unambiguously grey.

shouldve taken it out of the case for a closer look, itd say the color on the box...ill go back tmrw and settle this.

To me it looks like a match, just obv its not a 100% match to the 20th version since the PS button is standard color on this one.

Mecca

I saw a controller at Target the other day that looked grey to me. I didn't buy it though because I didn't want to spend the extra money. Now I feel like I should go there and double check. Will report back tomorrow if it's still there.

Edit: Actually, I've got nothing better to do. I'm going now.

Mafia Films

Neo Member
the 20th anniversary grey dualshock has a heavier darker grey under/bottom shell, this one the undershell almost matches the color of the top shell of grey.

So theres another difference.

just found this actually mentioning the Grey color to be released sometime later. But their pic shows a black bottom shell on the grey controller:

http://www.slashgear.com/white-ps4-dualshock-4-controller-appears-colors-on-the-horizon-12320393/

I saw a controller at Target the other day that looked grey to me. I didn't buy it though because I didn't want to spend the extra money. Now I feel like I should go there and double check. Will report back tomorrow if it's still there.

cool man and check the left side of box for color and see what it says

Oxn

What a trooper lol

Mecca

Ok. I just got back from Target. Unfortunately, the one I saw the other day was gone, but I noticed the tag that it was hanging from said "Glacier White".

imag0253j5jq0.jpg

Also, the Blue and Black controllers have "PS Now" on them.

Mafia Films

Neo Member
Ok. I just got back from Target. Unfortunately, the one I saw the other day was gone, but I noticed the tag that it was hanging from said "Glacier White".

Also, the Blue and Black controllers have "PS Now" on them.

hmmmmm, alright i head back up to that walmart tmrw and get some better pics..since im making myself look like a hoaxer now

Mecca

hmmmmm, alright i head back up to that walmart tmrw and get some better pics..since im making myself look like a hoaxer now

Well, the one I saw before in the store definitely didn't look white to me. I think you're on to something unless we both need glasses. lol

Mafia Films

Neo Member
Even if it's the same grey as the 20th anniversary controller, the PS logo is white instead of the original color PS logo.

thats the idea, this is just a grey one, that people wanted, hitting up that nostalgia of the dualshock 1 original grey scheme controller.

its not meant to be a 20th anniversary label item, the touch pad isnt custom like on the 20th version either its just standard

DevilFox

I leave this here: 20YearsOfPlay
It's a indiegogo campaign for the foundation of a detailed and rich PlayStation website with its history. All those who buy a perk (€5) will take part in a prize draw (read here for the first 100 prizes) and if 1000 funders are reached, a PS4 20th Anniversay will be added to the prize list. You can also directly buy some rare items. The goal has been reached already, but not the 1000 funders.
Prizes are delivered by collector Robert Sebo, I think.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Is anyone elses PS4 still in the shrink wrap? It's almost been a year now since I received mine and I'm really tempted to open it up check the number.

I'm so conflicted :/

SpotAnime

Mine too is still sealed, still in shipping box. I only opened my shipping box to look at the PS4 box inside, then promptly tuck away in a corner.

hawk2025

I can understand people keeping it sealed for some reason and displaying somewhere.

...but keeping it in the shipping box? You quite literally did the equivalent of paying $500 for a cardboard box!

Daffy Duck

I opened mine up and it's been used ever since.

Pad and camera haven't been used though, recently picked up the widely released anniversary controller to compliment it though so the original can remained unused.

SpotAnime

I opened mine and got it signed by Shuhei Yoshida and Mark Cerny

Okay, that's awesome. If I had that same opportunity, I'd wouldn't hesitate to open it up and get it signed by those two visionaries.

I can understand people keeping it sealed for some reason and displaying somewhere.

...but keeping it in the shipping box? You quite literally did the equivalent of paying $500 for a cardboard box!

The thought process is, I put $500 in a box and forget about it...and years down the road I reopen the box and $10,000 is in it! Magic! :D

I'm surprised how well the market for these has held up. Looks like $1,200-$1,400 is still what it takes to get one. I'd like to own one, but not at that price.

Sun light fades ink. My StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty collector's edition was sun faded on one side and made it look bad.

gwiz210

So these days what is the rarest ps4 model? I won one of those Taco Bell gold ps4s which was a run of 6500. Is that the most rare, or maybe the anniversary ps4?

El-Suave

So these days what is the rarest ps4 model? I won one of those Taco Bell gold ps4s which was a run of 6500. Is that the most rare, or maybe the anniversary ps4?

There are some that aren't available to the public. I think Red Bull/Activision gave Youtubers a different Destiny PS4 for example when they ran some promotion.

Riptwo

Well, the one I saw before in the store definitely didn't look white to me. I think you're on to something unless we both need glasses. lol

I saw a bunch of these today at a Walmart in Canada. The tag called it "white," but it didn't look like it was the same shade as my other white controllers, but it also wasn't as dark grey as my anniversary controller. It was just off enough that I was wondering if there was some tint to the plastic on the packaging. I snapped a pic too.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Ended up opening mine recently. I couldn't resist.

I opened mine and got it signed by Shuhei Yoshida and Mark Cerny

[ig]http://i.imgur.com/SJUTj7i.jpg[/img]

Reading the early pages of this thread are a good trip down memory lane.

What number out of the 12300 are your PS4s? That's the only reason why I want to open it up and check mine. Don't have plans to sell mine, but, if I did, a low number could be more valuable than the PS4 still being in the shrink wrap :p

Oxn

Mine is also sealed.

I took it out of the shipping box though, that took up too much space. I was tempted to open it 2 weeks ago when my other ps4 started giving me the eject bug.

I'm surprised how well the market for these has held up. Looks like $1,200-$1,400 is still what it takes to get one. I'd like to own one, but not at that price.

I sold mine recently, when I got it last year I opened it on Xmas eve and used it for ten months.

I sold it opened and used but in great condition, it fetched enough money that my wife and I are going to Australia next summer for three weeks.

I'd like to have kept it but the money was too tempting to help us afford this amazing holiday.

Top Bottom