• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD announced for PS4 - £39.99/€49.99/$49.99 - Spring 2015

NA Press Release
LEGENDARY ROLE-PLAYING CLASSICS COMING TO PLAYSTATION®4 SYSTEM

LOS ANGELES (Dec. 11 , 2014) – Over the weekend at Sony’s PlayStation®Experience event, and at the PlayStation® China press conference in Shanghai today, SQUARE ENIX® announced that FINAL FANTASY® VII and FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster will be ported to the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system with system-exclusive features.

Both titles are planned for a release in Spring 2015 on the PlayStation®4 system as a digital download, while FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster will also be available as a packaged product. FINAL FANTASY VII will be priced at $15.99, and FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster will be priced at $49.99.

EU Press Release
Both titles are planned for a release in Spring 2015 on the PlayStation®4 system as a digital download, while FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster will also be available as a packaged product. FINAL FANTASY VII will be priced at £12.99/€15.99, and FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster will be priced at £39.99/€49.99.
---
UPDATE 2, 11/12/2014: Square Enix has confirmed to VideoGamer.com that Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster will be available on PS4 in spring 2015 for £39.99.

The game will be available as both a digital and packaged product.

The title will also feature "system-exclusive features", but Square has yet to reveal what they may be.

http://www.videogamer.com/ps3/final...ntasy_x_x-2_hd_remaster_is_coming_to_ps4.html

Final Fantasy VII will be £12.99 on PS4. No details on whether it supports Cross-Buy.

https://twitter.com/VG_Dave/status/543000745210302464

Rosur

Can see Final Fantasy VII being added to PS+ at some point and will wait for FFX to drop to £20ish before I double dip.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
If its crossave, ITS MINE.

Why haven't we heard of prices in US? I wanna see that and the system exclusive features!

Jucksalbe

Banned
Hooray?
Anyway, since I haven't bought the PS3 or Vita versions yet, I'm interested to hear what those "system-exclusive features" are.

Omega

Banned
I'm glad I get to replay FFX as I sold my PS3 awhile ago so I couldn't get that remaster.

but that's a bit ridiculous. A remaster of a remaster? What's next, GTAV: Finally Including Heists edition next year?

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm glad I get to replay FFX as I sold my PS3 awhile ago so I couldn't get that remaster.

but that's a bit ridiculous. A remaster of a remaster? What's next, GTAV: Finally Including Heists edition next year?

It's not a remaster of a remaster. It's just a port.

Did the HD versions of the FFX games add in the international versions?
I've still not got round to getting them on the PS3, so I'll probably just wait and get the PS4 version.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
1080p 60fps or bust!

But hopefully the model faces are redone a bit.

What would be the point of 1080 60 in this kind of game?

Also, guys...the whole issue with the loading, like the KH remasters was the blu ray drive read speed.

Since everything is downloaded to HDD automatically with PS4, the loadtimes should be nonexistent

V_Ben

Banned
Glad I bought the Vita version, but held off on the PS3 one. I'll go next gen and do save transfers that way! :D

JayEH

I've never played it so I'll give it a try. Is Square Enix only a porting publisher now though? lol

BokehKing

Banned
I would play for 10..
X-2, turned me off from the second I turned it on, pop stars? No thanks, plus different combat system and did I mention pop stars and costumes.

No thanks, that was when the series went down hill to me.

Well then.

Hoping this paves the way for Q4 2015 release of FF XII and Revenant Wings HD, for PS4/Vita!

(And I'll be buying on Vita, just like I did on X. Not too fussed about playing these on a home console again).

Verendus

Banned
£13 for FF7? Jesus Christ Square what the fuck.
Please be excited.

I'm sure people are very eager to pay more money for all sorts of PS2 and PSP remasters that are coming too.

Also, please be more understanding. Please understand.

Kasper

I wonder what these system-exclusive features will end up being. Probably nothing interesting, but I'll probably end up buying it anyway...

Top Bottom