• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just watched the new Play & Chat video that just got up on Youtube and I saw this.

K4jb.png

Video here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFClm5HVMn0

Samus4145

Aren't all the notifications on the left now?

If this is real, they better have an option to only show specific people.

jediyoshi

I would trade in this feature and the music player to be able to hide my online status.

Also the ability to change names. Just let me play in peace.

red731

I will turn it off as soon as I see it!

Just wait for Sony to not give us option to turn it ad then, after 10 more stability updates, they will add that function
KuGsj.gif

ed: While we're at it.

When I take a screenshot - give me the option to hida the icon notifiing me about actions I know I am doing. I can hear that sound. That is enough!

Jonnax

It's quite funny that in the video, text messaging seems to work while on PS4 it's been broken for at least a couple months.

Bumpers

Finally, took a long time. Hopefully it remains consistent with PS3 and doesn't appear whilst media is being played.

bebop242

As long as I can customize who i want to see go online like real life friends as opposed to the 300 or so random neogafers on my list, its all good.

there won't be any customising

Dunan

I hate all notifictions.

+1000. In every field, on every device. Computers, phones, consoles.

If, as a 5-year-old child, I had interrupted whatever my parents were doing even one-tenth as often as today's electronics do, I would have been smacked upside the head. It is amazing how much we allow, and are expected to allow, anything and everything to interrupt our concentration.

Majine

Banned
IMO, this is the most annoying thing with the PS3 OS. So glad that only names are displayed on vita.

Well, that's fine, but if they aren't gonna have avatars in the PS4 notifications, get rid of that placeholder image then. Waste of space.

jediyoshi

+1000. In every field, on every device. Computers, phones, consoles.

If, as a 5-year-old child, I had interrupted whatever my parents were doing even one-tenth as often as today's electronics do, I would have been smacked upside the head. It is amazing how much we allow, and are expected to allow, anything and everything to interrupt our concentration.

Somehow I don't think something like watching a movie and playing solitaire warrant an identical amount of attention.

Omikaru

I will turn it off as soon as I see it!

Hopefully they let you select which friends you get a login notification for. I only want to know when one or two of them come online.

With that in mind, Friend Groups would be a nice feature.

Pachimari

It were my impression that most here on GAF actually wanted that feature back. And now I see a lot who want to turn it off!?

To me it's a great feature as it makes me feel more connected than alone when gaming.

ttech10

I would trade in this feature and the music player to be able to hide my online status.

Also the ability to change names. Just let me play in peace.

I got rid of pretty much my entire PSN list long ago when I stopped playing online. It's so nice to almost never have a popup or be bothered by people asking me to play COD when they know full well I don't have it.

Mengetsu

OMG THAT PARTY NOTIFICATIONS CAN FINALLY DIE! I just wanna see my friends log on and off and my trophies. I'll be happy
EWmof.gif

red731

It were my impression that most here on GAF actually wanted that feature back. And now I see a lot who want to turn it off!?

To me it's a great feature as it makes me feel more connected than alone when gaming.

Last of Us
10 minutes in
JustSoldiersOrders666 went online

Readingaid

Neo Member
Good news, the amount of times ive had to quit say Farcry 4, Destiny, Pes just to see if my friend has logged on yet to invite them to a party is ridiculous. Id like to be able to customise it though like people say.

Groups for friends lists would be handy and custom sound notifications.

Id also like the ability to change the size of the notifications, they are a little obstructive at the moment. PLEASE PLEASE add the avatar to these notofications too that stock square image is ugly as hell.

Guys, you can toggle the various types of notifications on and off.

If youre sick of seeing when people join a party, you have no one to blame but yourself

Amused

Will turn it off too.

Good news for those who wants it though! To be given the choice is never a bad thing i cases like this one.

JackEtc

Guys, you can toggle the various types of notifications on and off.

If you hate seeing when people join a party, you have no one to blame but yourself

Does turning off the "friend joining a party" notification mean that if someone joins YOUR party (say, someone you invited) you don't get a notification?

Or is the setting ONLY for other parties?

Carl

Yeah, this sucks. What I like about Xbox One is you can set notifications to only pop up for favorites, which limits it to a few and those few are the ones you care about.

I'd love something like that but I doubt Sony would do it :p

SSReborn

Does turning off the "friend joining a party" notification mean that if someone joins YOUR party (say, someone you invited) you don't get a notification?

Or is the setting ONLY for other parties?

I've literally never seen that notification before until a friend came over to my house recently to play ps4 on his acccount. So I guess I was smart enough to turn it off as soon as I got the console, anyways it still tells you when people leave or enter parties you are in if you turn off the notification.

DryvBy

It would be cool if you could favorite friends and have it show up for those people.

It would just be cool if I could organize my friends list period. GAF friends vs. RL Friends/Family.

Top Bottom