• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
EVERYONE LISTEN TO THAT SMASHING PUMPKINS SONG THAT NOBODY KNOWS BUT IS BETTER THAN STUPID MAIN ALBUMS BECAUSE MACHINA 2 WAS WAY BETTER THAN MACHINA AND ADORE AND ALL OF EVERYTHING AFTER MELLON COLLIE

I'm willing to bet organs that I know whatever song it is. I particularly enjoy White Spider from Machina 2.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I'm willing to bet organs that I know whatever song it is. I particularly enjoy White Spider from Machina 2.

So close!!! That and Here's to the atom bomb.

But there are good songs all over that album. No overproduction, less stupid billy billiness. I love how it's basically taped off a record so doesn't have that horrible mega loudness / gloss fuzz thing that machina had.

I'M ILL I CAN'T HELP IT

GET BLOODBORNE

GET BLOODBORNE

EVERYONE GET BLOODBORNE

EVERYONE LISTEN TO RED FANG

EVERYONE LISTEN TO THAT SMASHING PUMPKINS SONG THAT NOBODY KNOWS BUT IS BETTER THAN STUPID MAIN ALBUMS BECAUSE MACHINA 2 WAS WAY BETTER THAN MACHINA AND ADORE AND ALL OF EVERYTHING AFTER MELLON COLLIE

EVERYONE GET BLOODBORNE

got it. traded in my ps3, games and a bunch of xbox 360 ew so last gen nice one grandad stuff i was (probably) never going to buy again and bought: dragon age (yep), bloodborne, call of duty AW and batman arkham whatever.
i think the main characters in all my ps4 games have the same gruff oh so manly voice.

EDIT: oh great, smashing pumpkins chat. now i have to delve into their back catalogue. cheers guys.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
I'M ILL I CAN'T HELP IT

GET BLOODBORNE

GET BLOODBORNE

EVERYONE GET BLOODBORNE

EVERYONE LISTEN TO RED FANG

EVERYONE GET BLOODBORNE

way ahead of you. Bought it on release. Beat it on release. Should really go back and get both endings/chalice it up but I'm worried my skills have atrophied. Not to mention, WITCHER 3 is still in play.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
So close!!! That and Here's to the atom bomb.

But there are good songs all over that album. No overproduction, less stupid billy billiness. I love how it's basically taped off a record so doesn't have that horrible mega loudness / gloss fuzz thing that machina had.

Here's to the atom bomb! Fine choice. Cannae remember any of the names of any of the other songs on there though!

Okay, classic Pumpkins goodness:

Thru the Eyes of Ruby,
Transformer,
XYU,
Mayonnaise,
Aeroplane Flies High (Turns Left, Looks Right),
Soma,
Zero,
The End is the Beginning is the End,
Bodies,
Stumbleine...

Love for Pumpkins is what brought my first proper band together.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Here's to the atom bomb! Fine choice. Cannae remember any of the names of any of the other songs on there though!

Okay, classic Pumpkins goodness:

Thru the Eyes of Ruby,
Transformer,
XYU,
Mayonnaise,
Aeroplane Flies High (Turns Left, Looks Right),
Soma,
Zero,
The End is the Beginning is the End,
Bodies,
Stumbleine...

Love for Pumpkins is what brought my first proper band together.

I love you. Aeroplane Flies High might be my favourite song by them. I got the box for Christmas back in the day! Mellon Collie really honestly exploded my mind back in the day, and the tab book had all these advice columns from billy in. Plus James Iha was/ is beautiful.

I'm going to add

Where boys fear to tread
Tarantula (yes I know)
Doomsday Clock (yes I know)
The bells
Geek USA
Drown
Fuck you
Jellybelly
To Sheila
For Martha
Shame
The everlasting gaze
Stand inside your love
Age of innocence
Glass and the ghost children
Porcelina

I'd say billy needed an editor but his giganticism made them the band they were.

Re BB - I got it at launch too but thought I should play demon's first and ds2, but 60fps ds felt wrong and demon's put me off souls a little bit so I thought I'd go straight for the hard stuff.

So lovely to finally play a ps4 game that is That Good.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I love you. Aeroplane Flies High might be my favourite song by them. I got the box for Christmas back in the day! Mellon Collie really honestly exploded my mind back in the day, and the tab book had all these advice columns from billy in. Plus James Iha was/ is beautiful.

I had that! Well, my mate did. I borrowed it. Good stuff.

D'arcy for me for obvious reasons. :D

I'm going to add

Where boys fear to tread
Tarantula (yes I know)
Doomsday Clock (yes I know)
The bells
Geek USA
Drown
Fuck you
Jellybelly
To Sheila
For Martha
Shame
The everlasting gaze
Stand inside your love
Age of innocence
Glass and the ghost children
Porcelina

I'd say billy needed an editor but his giganticism made them the band they were.

All of these are great... apart from fucking Doomsday. Can't remember Tarantula. There are very few duff Pumpkins Songs pre-Melon Collie.

We totally forgot 'I am One' and 'Today'. Don't care that they are cheese, they are awesome, so shut up.

NinjaBoiX

I'm going to be safe and predictable and say that "1979" is probably my favourite Smashing Pumpkins track, it's so breezy, sounds like a road trip. And on the other end of the scale "Zero" for that scratchy, feedback tinged riff.

Having said that, I'm far from an authority on the band, I can't say I've even heard an album all the way through. They're good though.

Skeletonium

I might have to go to Maplin tomorrow on Oxford Road. Do they sell AAAA batteries?

I need one for my stylus. Nowhere in town sells them.

I also need 2 9V batteries as I bought some guitar pedals and realised they need batteries doh.
they do! they are on the right hand of the store, near the till, facing the right side wall. so you can avoid being acosted by hairy people!

and the 9 volts are by one GET TWO FREE. it almost makes them good value for money!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
they do! they are on the right hand of the store, near the till, facing the right side wall. so you can avoid being acosted by hairy people!

and the 9 volts are by one GET TWO FREE. it almost makes them good value for money!

Done. Served by a dude called Andrew? Beard and piercings, probably not you?

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
i just started witcher and bloody hell, it is a pretty game. i was last gen for way too long.

It is fantastic, I recommend disabling a lot of the HUD. Also really take your time with it. I've played nearly 100hours an dam apparently 50% through...

OH and can anyone in here recommend a good affordable unlocked smartphone?

NinjaBoiX

Noow7Xl.jpg

Love Laura Marling, she's top.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Aren't some 9v batteries just 6 AAAA batteries in a box? http://blog.xkcd.com/2007/08/20/testing-the-9v-battery-hack-or-assault-on-battery/

Speaking of styluses - would you buy a used surface pro 3 is for £415 from CEX? B grade, no stylus, plus CEX puts me off. But the price is the same as the entry atom surface..

Aren't some 9v batteries just 6 AAAA batteries in a box?

Speaking of styluses - would you buy a used surface pro 3 is for £415 from CEX? B grade, no stylus, plus CEX puts me off. But the price is the same as the entry atom surface..

well a battery by definition is a bunch of charged cells in a box, so yeah, probably.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
nope! off for the week. hope he offered you those multi-sale add on upsalenbjjegjkfglglfsfgdgh

He did. I don't need any AA tho.

Well. I just went for coffee with a friend. Actual outside real life talking. And now I'm getting my hair done and listening to sleazy stoner rock. Love it so much.

Feels weird just how normal it all is. Must remember to take day at time. Also started smoking again just for a little while. I guess that's the blog post.

Make conversation : Apple music is really good for me. It keeps finding stuff I love.

The_Poet

Banned
Make conversation : Apple music is really good for me. It keeps finding stuff I love.

Yeah its awesome. Turned me on to so many artists and songs and were forgotten / unbeknownst to me.

But this is the internet so:

Apple Music is bad!!! Apple cant make anything good anymore!!! They are just copying Spotify!!!!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Yeah its awesome. Turned me on to so many artists and songs and were forgotten / unbeknownst to me.

But this is the internet so:

Apple Music is bad!!! Apple cant make anything good anymore!!! They are just copying Spotify!!!!

You get a <3 from me. I hope more people like you show up in my playlists.

The curation is actually scary good. And the playlists they have for almost every band are also scary good. There are some people there who really know their stuff. I've not even used the radio.

The_Poet

Banned
You get a <3 from me. I hope more people like you show up in my playlists.

The curation is actually scary good. And the playlists they have for almost every band are also scary good. There are some people there who really know their stuff. I've not even used the radio.

<3

The only feature I wish they had is a playlist for all the songs you've <3'ed. I like the little blurbs they write about the playlists too. Cool stuff.

The_Poet

Banned
Some more Marling-esque, pretty voiced, strummy strum strum for you:

Denai Moore - Flaws
- more peeps should know about this girl

Lucy Rose - Shiver
- pretty little ditty

PJ Harvey - The Slow Drug
- haunting and understated

Lianne La Havas - Tease Me
- god tier, just incredible

Cat Power - The Fool
- love her stuff but it brings back bad memories

I'll give them a butchers, I'm a sucker for cute vocals.

I know about Lucy Rose, digging her album atm too.

Another Wot I like. R&B style

NinjaBoiX

I'll give them a butchers, I'm a sucker for cute vocals.

I know about Lucy Rose, digging her album atm too.

Another Wot I like. R&B style
Yeah, Corrine Bailey Ray is pretty decent, she sounds glorious live too, such a cute voice. Sounds like a more coherent Martina Topley-Bird:

Corrine Bailey Ray - Like A Star (live at St. Lukes)

Which reminds me, check out Martina Topley-Bird too, her Quixotic record is amaze. Taster:

Martina Topley-Bird feat. Tricky - Ragga

Punch the store manager! I did not want to give him my postcode!

oh don't get me started on the manager. i'd love to rant about that useless fart.

anyway, i am applying for jobs! like an adult! not even thinking about my playstation 4, just sat there, with the bloodbornes and called to duty and witchings 3. nope. no. nuhuh.

Volotaire

There are times like today, when looking at current events in other countries, when I am relatively thankful for some of the public services we have in this country (no matter how inefficient or imperfect I may complain them to be).

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Cara Delevigne is fucking awesome.

My new hero.

Love how there's a 10000 page thread arguing what humour is about it.

Plus Annie Clark! What a couple.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
oh don't get me started on the manager. i'd love to rant about that useless fart.

anyway, i am applying for jobs! like an adult! not even thinking about my playstation 4, just sat there, with the bloodbornes and called to duty and witchings 3. nope. no. nuhuh.

Fucksake man

Come out and play!

I have a hip new haircut now, I can roll with your beardness

Cara Delevigne is fucking awesome.

My new hero.

Love how there's a 10000 page thread arguing what humour is about it.

Plus Annie Clark! What a couple.

i had a dream about those two. my partner and i were in an open-top car and they were in a bus stuck in traffic. i pointed them out and then somehow they walked past us. my partner took a photo of cara, telling her she was so cool or something. i didn't seem to do anything, despite the fact that annie fucking clark was right there.
stupid dream scott.

Volotaire

Is 300 euro (about 200 pounds) a reasonable price to ask for a PS4 through private sale? Still have box and receipt and shit.

Most PS4 in constituent bundles for 500GB on HUKD have been hitting near the £200 mark (around £200-£230). As for completed eBay listings in the past week, £220 is the mark they go for around too. Remember to check if the DS4 is included.

Most PS4 in constituent bundles for 500GB on HUKD have been hitting near the £200 mark (around £200-£230). As for completed eBay listings in the past week, £220 is the mark they go for around too. Remember to check if the DS4 is included.

So it sounds fair enough then. Super.

Sell it now, then I got plenty of time to get a good price till the MGS special edition console comes out.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
i had a dream about those two. my partner and i were in an open-top car and they were in a bus stuck in traffic. i pointed them out and then somehow they walked past us. my partner took a photo of cara, telling her she was so cool or something. i didn't seem to do anything, despite the fact that annie fucking clark was right there.
stupid dream scott.

Ha! I know have Annie clark's short haircut. I feel empowered!!

Top Bottom