• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shigeru Miyamoto meets Rosanna Pansino & chats about Nintendo in 2015

LoveCake

You may of heard of Rosanna Pansino, she has a YT channel making Nerdy & Geeky cakes, today she makes Koopa Shell Cake Pops & Shigeru Miyamoto turns up & chats about what's coming up in 2015 for Nintendo.

I haven't posted this so much about the info for what's coming up in 2015 but more how nice a bloke Shigeru Miyamoto seems to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNUcDkNI24o
Shigeru Miyamoto turns up at 7:20

Roo

Never heard of her but she seems so silly, I love it.
That blue shell cake pop is awesome.

Bill: We have a course in Mario Kart 8 called Sweet Sweet Canyon, I think these belong right there
Rosanna: Yes!! I love that course, it's one of my favorites
*ends in last place in said course*

lol

Never heard of her but how the actual heck did she get Miyamoto to come on her show?

It's strategic marketing for Nintendo. Most of the segment was showing off all the 2015 Nintendo games. It's a family-friendly audience of 3M viewers, so it's great targeted advertising for them.

Miyamoto just seems like the most genuine man ever. I love that at his age he is still wide-eyed about life.

chadboban

Ro is so damn adorable! <3

When I watched the video earlier, I wasn't expecting much when she mentioned she was having a special guest. I expected someone in a Mario costume to come out or something. I wasn't expecting Shigeru FUCKING Miyamoto along with Bill FUCKING Trinen!! Miyamoto is probably just as adorable as Ro!

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
Ro is so damn adorable! <3

When I watched the video earlier, I wasn't expecting much when she mentioned she was having a special guest. I expected someone in a Mario costume to come out or something. I wasn't expecting Shigeru FUCKING Miyamoto along with Bill FUCKING Trinen!! Miyamoto is probably just as adorable as Ro!

did i step into a pop-gaf thread by mistake

Jebusman

Banned
This video I think explains Nintendo's marketing strategy really well. People can hate on Nintendo for not "joining the modern age" all they want, but they have been incredibly pervasive with inserting themselves directly into the youtube/streaming crowd in the most casual and family friendly way.

It's kind of ironic considering he said months ago Toad is his least favorite character

It was in 2012, but when he was promoting Captain Toad he backpedaled on the comments on one of the blogs (might have been Kotaku).

http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/02/10/shigeru-miyamoto-zelda/
I have an important question. Nintendo has also just released Mariokart 7 for the 3DS. In every iteration of Mariokart, I’ve always preferred to play as Toad. Who’s your favorite character?
That’s the most challenging question! I’m sorry that I cannot come up with an interesting answer. Somehow, it’s habit to me, but I play with Mario. He’s a very balanced character.

Who’s your least favorite character?
Toad. [Laughs]

My favorite character is your least favorite character?
I understand that he has some popularity. Somehow.

For some reason, I find the idea that Miyamoto hates Toad to be hilarious.

jimi_dini

I love how he's not even mentioned in the video title, he's just treated as some random "very special guest".

"I wonder what the creator of Mario would think of them..."

"....so let's ask him"

LOL

If I watched that video without knowing anything, I would be omgwtfbbq.

Well done, Ninty. Well done. That's how you do marketing.

watershed

Banned
I like how professionally done her show is, but watching her rub two chunks of chocolate cake together was a bit weird.

Why is Miyamoto in the country? There's no big conference or anything. Does this show film near any Nintendo second parties?

Top Bottom