• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Guild 02 (minus Bugs vs Tanks)

*This is my first ever LTTP so go easy on me.
Guild02_Logo.jpg

I bought these two games when they first came but never got around to really playing them until now where I beat both of them In a single day. And holy shit what a day it was. Both of these two games are probably two of the most unique games I've every played and they both had amazing atmosphere

First game I played was Attack of the Friday Monsters. This is the most fun I've had doing absolutely nothing in a game ever. Pretty much the entire game consists of walking around collecting cards and talking to people, but the atmosphere is so amazing that you don't even mind. I wasn't raised in small town in 1970's Japan but this game sure as hell made me feel like I was. The way it totally encapsulated the mood and setting of this period and of childhood in general was amazing. The cards you collect are used to play a special card game, which I found quite fun especially towards the end when it got a bit harder.

I just completed this game a few minutes ago and holy shit was it amazing. The isolated and unsettling atmosphere of this game blew me a way. It reminded me a lot of older games like RE and MGS where you needed to find key cards to progress everywhere (which I love). What's also interesting about the game is that it tells you absolutely nothing. You have absolutely no clue about what you're suppose to do and this persists through out the entire game. I really loved this aspect because it mad it feel like a puzzle game more then anything. I also love how it was challenging but never too challenging to the point where you had to look up a guide (which I really don't recommend doing for this game). All it required was just a few minutes of brainstorming to figure out what to do next. I also loved the story (which you know nothing about until the epilogue) and the plot twist that happens at the end (even if you could see it coming). Of the two games, I'd give this one the slight edge but both were amazing games, that'd I'd highly recommend anyone with a 3DS play.

-Horizon-

I really liked Attack of the Friday Monsters. Although short and the card games were very shallow, the atmosphere of the game was great.

Is that weapon's smith rhythm type game part of guild 01 or 02?

When was the last time any of the Guild games went on sale? These bite-sized experiences are exactly what I'm looking for, but the prices are a couple dollars too steep.

When was the last time any of the Guild games went on sale? These bite-sized experiences are exactly what I'm looking for, but the prices are a couple dollars too steep.

I don't recall but yeah they are a bit steep for their lengths but imo they were both amazing experiences so they're worth it IMO.
I should mention that I did, however, get both of them for "free" thanks to the $30 credit from buying SMT4 and FE:A together :)

Top Bottom