• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone now officially available in USA on Android Tablets

I'll give this a try.

My brain seems poorly wired for blizzard's addictive mechanics. I have little love for WoW or diablo in that way. This will probably bore me quickly.

It sorta sucks...I REALLY want the nexus 9 to play this in bed but all the current hardware issues it has is preventing me from getting it...damnit HTC =\

Loofy

Was waiting for this to release before I bought a tablet. Wondering if it plays great on a lower quadcore(like 1.2ghz) with just 1gb of ram.

Skux

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
Hardware: 6-inch screen or larger
Operating System: Android 4.0 or later
Memory: 1 GB RAM

VERIFIED DEVICES
The following devices are verified to run Hearthstone well:

Amazon Kindle Fire HD 6 (2014)
Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7 (2014)
Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7 (2013)
Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7 (2014)
Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 (2014)
Asus Google Nexus 7 (2013)
Huawei MediaPad X1
NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet
Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 I9200
Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0
Samsung Galaxy Note LTE 10.1 N8020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4
Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet LTE

Note: The Asus Transformer Pad TF300T is incompatible with Hearthstone. Devices with PowerVR 540/544 GPUs may experience graphical issues. Updating your device to the latest version of your operating system may address these issues. Android 5.0 (Lollipop) and Fire OS 4.5.1 are recommended.

It's not on iPhone why would it be on android phones?

Officially it isn't compatible on Android devices with screens smaller than 6 inches (you get an error message when starting it). However you can use other programs to override this.

Is this game crossplay with the PC version? As in you can matchmake with the PC crowd?

Yes! All versions of the game use your Battle.net account and connect to the same game servers.

W1SSY

Was trying to get it working on my Nexus 7 earlier with the apk and other files but couldn't. Hopefully from the store it works.

Dicer

Banned
Lol as soon as I decide to install the the hard way...anyway Galaxy Tab 3 slight stutter here and there, otherwise just as good as the desktop version.

Glad to finally have it.

Lagamorph

Tablet only? Who's idiotic idea was that?

Also I'm guessing it wont work on the original Nexus 7 from looking at that device list?

Loxley

Also I'm guessing it wont work on the original Nexus 7 from looking at that device list?

I would like to think Blizzard are smart enough to have considered porting it to phones. Tablets were just the immediate priority.

Skux

Getting it on a phone would require an overhaul of the interface. Yes you can run the game on a 5 inch screen but you'd have so few pixels to work with and such a small area that you wouldn't be able to easily read text, and that wouldn't be a satisfying user experience.

Android and iPhone versions are in the works.

When you first run it on a 2012 Nexus 7 it warns you it isn't officially supported, but you can dismiss the warning and continue. It will stutter and have trouble with certain animations, but you can totally get through live games.

Trace

Banned
Getting it on a phone would require an overhaul of the interface. Yes you can run the game on a 5 inch screen but you'd have so few pixels to work with and such a small area that you wouldn't be able to easily read text, and that wouldn't be a satisfying user experience.

You can play the game just fine on larger phones. The game is easily playable on most new phones, I even got it to launch on my Galaxy Nexus and it looked fine, crashed upon entering a game but I put that to the fact that the Galaxy Nexus is like 3 years old at this point.

jtar86

Downloading it now on my galaxy mega. And everyone made fun of me for having such a big ass phone, well who's laughing now.

KTS2448

Found it on googly play. Search using "Hearthstone heroes of warcraft" and scroll down a bit. Its from "Blizzard Entertainment Inc".

Its going to be down there awhile as votes/download #'s need to go up.

Bout to test on a lowly 4.2 Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7 inch. I'll update this post with my results.

The developers who realize that screen size (not just resolution) can be an issue

Plays perfectly on my S4. I can read everything fine, and moving cards isn't an issue. Only problems are technical ones, and those are also present on tablets.

ZServ

Runs flawlessly on my HTC One M8, and a buddies S3 runs it really well too. Text is fine IMO

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
N7 2013 ran flawless. No hiccups and battle animations ran smoothly. Only problem people will have is it will drain your battery faster than say just browsing the web.

Shit is night an day compared to Magic. Hearthstone runs like a boss where as Magic runs like ass.

Top Bottom